Player Base, and Why I Can't Find a Game

Hi guys! I really fancied playing a fighting game again so re-installed Killer Instinct. I’d bought some characters so it was worth jumping back in. After some CPU fights I thought I would give Online a crack, but have been completely unable to find a game.

I’ve restarted the game several times, have tried searching Exhibition and even tried searching for my placement matches on Competitive and I simply cannot find a game. I’ve actually been and made dinner, leaving it searching for over 35 minutes (I kept popping upstairs to check if I had a game yet). It seems like, while the playerbase is pretty low, there should at least be enough players online for me to find someone to get trashed by. Is the game dead, and am I wasting my time?

Also, allowing people to play a CPU Vs. mach while searching would be cool.

Cheers, hopefully I can fix this with some help.

Your trying to find a game now and can’t get one? Ate you in the US?

No, I’m in the UK. Search preferences are as wide as possible; still searching and can’t get anyone.

At least I can do Shadows, I guess.

Try this:

Just go to Device Manager -> View -> Show hidden devices
Uninstall Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface (don’t worry, it will come back again)
Open a command prompt (Run as administrator)
Then type the following commands:
netsh int teredo set state disable
netsh interface teredo set state type=client

Confirm that IPv6 is working by typing:
netsh int teredo show state

If the “State” says “qualified” try to open Killer Instinct again and go multiplayer.

1 Like

If teredo was the problem, it would say so under network In the Xbox app too.

Kudos if that works.

I would say “hard reset” your Xbox one, not the game. (Hold the button on the console until it turns off, give it a minute, turn back on)

Might need to resync the controllers

Edit: pc or one?

I’m on the PC. I don’t know if a network test is involved in the Performance Benchmark on the menu, but I score almost 3000/1000 so it isn’t a bad connection doing it.
I’ll have a look in to this later. Am I basically just porting forward what the multiplayer uses to connect? Not really a network guy.

Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP e TCP)
Port 53 (UDP e TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)

or enable UPNP in your internet modem.

But first try the steps I said before.