PC version set up for failure? (Hope not :-( )

Se’s 1-3 aren’t with a 120 bucks man. what makes u think it’s that valuable? cause u paid 120 for all the content so everyone else has to? I say all ultra content 60 bucks all seasons all ultra packs.

c’mon man even greedy azz activision don’t have that Bigga balls.

1 Like

The complete edition (S1-2) sells for $80. Can’t imagine them selling S1-3 for more than that.

I honestly look at all this the same people already buy games from retail:

Combo breaker is basically the “normal edition” of a game at 60 dollars.

Ultra is basically the “Special edition” in some cases games like this tend to cost a bit higher than normal because of the extra content.

I’ll do my best to explain the pricing for some folks as well.

The value is based on what you think is reasonable, in this case if the Ultra pack is basically the “standard game” then how much do you think the combo breaker pack edition is worth? :confused:

the value is based of off the time it’s been available for purchase

SE1 15 bucks 2 and a half years old
SE 2 20 bucks 1 year old
SE 3 30 to 40 bucks

at most 75 bucks for all ultra editions.

again destiny has arguable more value (hate that game) than KI for half the price coming in at 35 dollars for destiny with all the 2 year content

1 Like

Come on Red… you don’t think titles loose value over time?
Don’t you think it outrageous that the S1&2 Ultra collection is STILL 80$

It’s fine with Ultras being more expensive, but as others have said (also in other threads), many people saw 10 of the 20 extra dollars being KI1 and 2 port price and the other 10 for the ingame content… there’s no way in hell a couple of costumes is worth 20$ by itself… this is also why people here expected S3 Ultra to be 30$ this time around.
That’s doesn’t only go for PC gamers either… MANY here expected it to turn out like that, and with good reason

They need to either give a way to unlock characters via play for PC users - or just give all characters but no costumes for ultra price.

No they can’t, and if they could they’d be hit with the antitrust suit paperwork before they could flip the switch.

99% of human beings oughtn’t be refusing updates in the first place (and the remaining 1% understand well enough that a platform sans updates is probably a vulnerable platform), but I’m not aware of this being the case, either.

S1 and S2 have been iterated upon considerably over time, to the point where what you’re getting now is akin to a definitive edition remaster of a typical AAA action-RPG. I don’t think they’ve lost value.

AFAIK after every update Win 10 just loves to delete all “incompatible” software and reinstall pre-installed bloatware even if you remove it. And who knows what is the process behind identifying what is being deleted and what isn’t.

I have heard no word, nor had any experience of this phenomenon, and I’ve been using WIn10 since shortly after launch. Not that I expect you to bother digging up more information to corroborate this for the sake of some random forum discussion, but without further info I can only really write it off as some weird paranoid conspiracy theory.

1 Like

It’s not that hard to find really. Even if there is no malicious intent, it’s still a major annoyance.

And so on and so forth. I’d like to update MY sytem and MY drivers at my own pace, thank you very much.

ya man. didn’t the latest driver up for Xbox controllers on PC, mess a bunch of stuff up. people are hella mad. how many people it affected is hard to say.

btw that fnrslvr dudes pretty cool. :heart:

I’ll give these a look shortly, thanks.

Yeah, Win 10 will delete some programs if they’re incompatible. It’s latest update also inexplicably wrecked my start menu, to the point that hitting the windows icon triggers a fatal error of some sort that forces me to sign out and sign back in, where of course the button still doesn’t work :confused:

I’ve never heard of anyone else having my problem though - no one on any forums could tell me anything about it. Had to roll back to a previous Win 10 update to fix it, but last time I restarted the computer it reinstalled that pack automatically and now I can’t roll it back again. Will have to reformat it looks like, and just hope that it works properly once it reinstalls cleanly. I still like Win 10, but I really wish it didn’t force update everything - not if it can’t manage to do so without breaking things anyway, :disappointed_relieved:

I’d be lying if I said I didn’t expect the thing to be worth 40 bucks either. On the other note when it comes to price drops of older titles, yea I can kind of imagine where some folks are coming from.

On another hand though I assume the reason the price is still the same for the combo packs has to do more with wether or not you’re buying a special edition or normal edition of a typical game. At least that’s what it seems like to me.

To be clear I’m refering this to the folks who haven’t paid a cent yet for the KI editions. Basically anyone from folks are relatively new to the game. The pricing can be pretty confusing. Which is why even I try my damnedest to explain how one would go abut purchasing it.

1 Like