PC Pricing?

Right. In case, I’ll send a letter to Microsoft. After all, I paid for a service.

You need the S3 update so that the Windows Store knows that you bought stuff from the Xbox Store but somehow if you never played the game, that process gets skipped entirely? That doesn’t make sense. The update is purchase verification, not just progress like many seem to think for some reason.

This seems pretty clear.
“The reason being is that we added flags in the update that will act as a verification for your purchase. Those flags need to be active (downloaded and launched) before the PC version can verify you own said content. So even if you login from a friend’s console, fine! Just make sure you launch with your account.”

I agree, I just hate being in the dark… I missed out on KI1 and 2 back in the day so KI is kind of my white whale that Ive always wanted but never got. So anticipation is heating up the closer it gets to release date and the sense of not knowing anything worries me. I already got screwed being a pc player with MK XL and kind of screwed with SFVs release and its very early access style launch.

You’re right about the age of season 1/2, they are much older than Gears:UE. Maybe $40 for the three seasons with the ultimate edition being $60.

1 Like

It’s something like this I’m hoping for :slight_smile:

Season 2 ultra is on sale for $14 right now, I’d think that’s the reason why.

So from what I have gathered, and from another post I made linking specifically what Keits said on stream (I’ll find it and edit in the link for you), what you’re saying is wrong.
You can buy the game by signing in with the profile you intend to use/are using on Windows 10 on PC or Xbox One, then it is part of your purchases and on your account wherever you go (you’ll have to download it again if you want to play it on a platform that doesn’t already have the game but you don’t pay for it again). For new PC users, they can just buy the game, install it on their Windows 10 and start playing. If, however, you have been playing the game on the console previously and want your saves and progress to cross over, you will have to start S3 once on the console to get it synced up.

I don’t game on PC or anything but I hope they release a “Complete Edition” for PC users that comes with all 3 Season Ultras for a reasonable price. I remember when I was first looking into getting the game I was a bit overwhelmed with all of the options available and trying to figure out what it was I was getting with each one…luckily I found out there was the “Everything we have to offer” package which simplified everything, hopefully the new PC players get this option as well but with S3 included…otherwise they might think its a little too complicated and/or too expensive to buy each season separate etc. and get overwhelmed and say ■■■■■ it lol

1 Like

Ok so I watched that bit, I’m still a bit iffy on it but at this point I’ve decided to just buy after launch.

Thanks for posting a source though.

the thing is I bought season 2 ultra, and a few characters this week while they were on sale but I dont have an XBOX one.
Nor can I find access to one. So I am hoping that content will show up once I launch the game on The PC version.

It should…
The thing you need to activate on an Xbox is your savedata… so in case you haven’t played at a friends house or whatever, you should be loosing nothing :slight_smile:

Well I dont have any saveddata because i havent played it before, PC version release will be my first time playing Killer Instinct 3. I have been a fan of the series since 1994 :wink:

Well then, you should be covered :wink:
Premature “Welcome to KI” from here

Looking forward to trying it on my PC… have a feeling I’ll actually start playing KI more, when it’s on my preferred platform

I wish Season 1 Ultra edition was on sale or free again.

Was never really free… free games from Xbox Live Gold subscriptions demand you having an active Gold subscription… and since you don’t need that for PC, it would be more expensive (and eternal running) price, than it would just buying it…

Thats what I meant, Xbox Live Gold, I bought season 2 ultra edition with it. I wish they offered that deal again. :wink:

Im hoping that they are going to put all that either on sale or in a bundle next week. MS is doing a BIG spring sale spanning Xbox and PC next week. Just in time for PCs release of KI… fingers crossed KI is one of those in that sale aside from this week for S2.

2 Likes

Sounds like good timing for KI on PC (and a little bit Xbox)… Still amazed and slightly annoyed that they’ve kept us in the dark so close to launch :disappointed:

dude i completely agree… its bad enough that S2 is on sale right now with gold… I dont have gold nor do i plan on getting gold, so im really gambling here.

1 Like

Well it looks like when they say a sale on PC titles, they mean the mobile garbage thats riddled in the MS store. And so much for a sale on KI on the xbone this week (yes i know S2 was on sale this past week) but was hoping for some kind of bundle of both seasons… or each on sale.

1 Like