PC Pricing?

either way, thanks for replying to my quandary… I guess I’ve waited this long, I can wait another week and a half.

I’ve thought all along that they would make a complete season 1-3 edition for like 50-60$ for PC… seems by now like that won’t be the case though…
That was also my thought when I expected season 3 Ultra to be 30$ and we all know by now, how that went.

REALLY hope for all of our sakes and mostly KI’s success on PC that people don’t have to throw 120$ for all three seasons with Ultra content… that would scare most people away…

And you can’t tell PC gamers that they can just get Combo Breaker editions for half that, because we’re already by default angry at free to play games being more expensive than normal games, AND about games being sold at full price in not complete editions

PC gamers won’t care about it being 3 different seasons… they’re just getting it now, hence it’s ONE game for double the price of other complete games

REALLY hope MS have something up their sleeve, but considering the uproar that would be from people who’ll now give 40$ for season 3 Ultra, I’m VERY afraid this is not gonna happen, and that it’s only gonna be as big a PC success, as we’ve all hoped it would become.

PC gamers are FAR less forgiving than console gamers, and have a way bigger library for a smaller price… we don’t like something and we’re of to the next thing.

Sorry if all those we/they came out confusing… I’m mainly a PC gamer, but has plenty consoles on the side… if I wanna play a game, the platform isn’t gonna stop me

1 Like

They did offer a deal on the Ultra edition for S1. It was free if you had Gold in January, and they had at 75% sale on this last year. Not to mention, S2 is on sale for spring so…

How does that help a PC only user that doesnt use or follow xbox? I knew of it, but i figured that the pc would be priced differently for new adopters of the series. I hesitated because I figured things would be different by the time it was fully released and thats kind of a weird way to sell it to another userbase… you can buy it cheaper on the platform you dont have so you can have it when it comes out 6 months later! Im buying it regardless, but I just find that to be a weird way of marketing a product to a new userbase.

1 Like

On the Windows 10 Q&A it says cross-buy will only work after launching season 3 once on a Xbox. So for PC gamers that want to jump into KI but don’t have a Xbox they can’t really buy it from the Xbox store without the extra headache of finding a Xbox to activate their purchase.

At this point we’ll have to wait till release to see specific prices for the PC.

None of that means anything to someone without an XB1. Here’s a thread where Rukari explains that cross-buy requires logging in to the Xbox.

I’m with you OP on wanting Windows Store pricing.
My guess is that the W10 version is going to be $50. $10 less than the Xbox version just like Gears. I could see it including the retro costumes as an incentive for buying it in its first week.

Not true, you only need to do this if you already have a xbox one and plays the game to transfer the the data to the pc version.

The person who asked the question in the thread I linked mentioned not having an XB1. You’re wrong.

It’s says you do in the Q&A and what @ZybaMan linked to.

The person said that he did not have the xbox “anymore”. Read again.

In reality Infil said you get the whole content even without logging on Xbox 1, at the pact you never got access on your account on the console before the 29th.

In fact it’s only related to progresses. Unless you want to start back to qualifier again.

The FAQ says:

“I** ALREADY OWN KILLER INSTINCT FOR XBOX ONE**, DO I NEED TO RE-PURCHASE MY CONTENT IN THE WINDOWS 10 VERSION?”

This is for someone who already owns the game on the xbox one.

What I’m saying is PC only people can’t just buy the Xbox version and call it a day because then they need to authenticate it with the update.

Because of that PC people have to wait till there’s specific details out for the PC port or just wait till it’s released on the 29th.

Welp, so for people that bought shadow jago for Xbox one not having a console are screwed up! =D

However, solution may be found. I try to gather somebody of trust having an xbox one or send a letter to Microsoft explaining the problem and asking kindly a transfer.

But let’s wait for the 29th March

In the end that’s the best course of action just wait till it’s released all this speculation/back and forth going on in the forums is getting really tiresome lol.

Right. In case, I’ll send a letter to Microsoft. After all, I paid for a service.

You need the S3 update so that the Windows Store knows that you bought stuff from the Xbox Store but somehow if you never played the game, that process gets skipped entirely? That doesn’t make sense. The update is purchase verification, not just progress like many seem to think for some reason.

This seems pretty clear.
“The reason being is that we added flags in the update that will act as a verification for your purchase. Those flags need to be active (downloaded and launched) before the PC version can verify you own said content. So even if you login from a friend’s console, fine! Just make sure you launch with your account.”

I agree, I just hate being in the dark… I missed out on KI1 and 2 back in the day so KI is kind of my white whale that Ive always wanted but never got. So anticipation is heating up the closer it gets to release date and the sense of not knowing anything worries me. I already got screwed being a pc player with MK XL and kind of screwed with SFVs release and its very early access style launch.

You’re right about the age of season 1/2, they are much older than Gears:UE. Maybe $40 for the three seasons with the ultimate edition being $60.

1 Like

It’s something like this I’m hoping for :slight_smile: