PC Issues & Workarounds

I found it, so thanks for that, But typically there’s no simple .exe file that I can paste to my desktop.
The only existing one "can only run in the context of an app container"
Don’t reckon I’m going to be able to get easy access to it. Having to go through the Store every time is just tedious, who thought that would be a good idea :confused:

i created a shortcut for it some how, i dont remember how though, sorry. but if you click on the start button on your home screen go to all apps and right click on ki you can pin it to the task bar. at least that way you wont have to open the app store every time you want to play.

Well… I’m not sure how ANYONE could think the Windows Store was a good idea in any way, as it is now…

You can’t make shortcuts (except for @LARGOFARBURN s method) and the general annoyance of there not being an exe

You don’t get to decide where it installs (you can pick the drive but not location, and even then it’s hidden FAR away so no one can find it, AND you’ll have to do the same thing again if you wanna install something else on another drive, if you for example for people like me who has a game SSD and a game normal harddisk)

Uninstalling is just as random, and has to be done via the (original W10) start menu, and can’t be done from the Store either…

Oh, and then theres all the problems the Store makes for it’s games, mostly by stuff it doesn’t support, that should just be there

It’s fine Microsoft wanna pull people to their own platform, but as long as they do it in this way, and with SO many issues, they are ONLY gonna end up with another Games for Windows Live failure…
You need to get your stuff working BEFORE you force people there, otherwise people are just gonna stay away and NEVER look back, no matter how improved it becomes

When cancelling search for ranked match the screen stays faded and the game is stuck. When you close it and try to run the game again it takes about 3 min. before the game starts again.

Actually since today the screen shows Leaving and thats it.

This has already been posted in another thread, but in case the devs use this as some kind of consolidated pool of PC bugs:

I face an issue where KI on Windows 10 crashes while searching for online matches. The game runs perfectly offline or during online matches when it miraculously manages to start one. But more often than not, while searching for opponents the screen goes white for about a second and then the game crashes and sends me back to the desktop. Since the crash happens usually 10 or so seconds after the game starts searching for opponents, I suspect the crash happens right at the point when another player is found and the game tries to sync us up.

I wondered if it had something to do with my computer, but apparently this is happening with a few other people too.

@TempusChaoti @rukizzel @xSkeletalx Not sure who else to tag, but I would like to point out the importance of being able to run KI in windowed borderless mode and ask you to possibly mention this to the actual developers or MS people. Recording it in glorious 1080p 60fps is a godsend compared to what the Xbox DVR can do for you (also because of the awesomely quick load times), but there is currently no way to do it without recording the top white bar (and black sidebars). Sure, you can edit it out and keep the aspect ratio the same, but it won’t be true 1080p anymore. I use Shadowplay, but other recording software has the same issue. Is there anything we can do about this?

Just to be clear, I’m just a community member, I don’t have any connections to the team other than frontline interaction on the forums - I can’t really do anything more than tag people as you have done, unfortunately!

See that’s the thing actually. I don’t have KI in my All Apps list. It’s just not there. The only ways I can open the game currently are to manually open the store, navigate to KI, then press Open. Or search for Ki, the only available result is a link to the store page, press that, press Open.

Gotcha. I thought maybe you had a little more pull, but no problem. I also didn’t want to tag Keits because I doubt this would be anywhere in his area of expertise.

Would it help if I puffed up my chest and pretended I was secretly important? :smiley:

Does it ever hurt? :wink:

Doesn’t really help you, but you can also launch it from the Xbox App as well. And reading through the FAQ, that’s the way they recommend you start it. I think that’s only because that means you’ve already signed into Live.

Interestingly enough I couldn’t find it in my list of Xbox games on the app either.
When I’m back at my keyboard I think I’m going to have another look and see if there’s something obvious I’ve missed cause my install appears to be acting contrary to what everyone else has.

Plz help i can play killer instinct but the problem is that it is i can open it but the game is slow

So finally trying to play KI on PC. It seemed to install just fine and everything, and I was able to do the performance test (all green) when I booted it up.

Now, a week later, it simply freezes after the title screen where it’s supposed to be “Syncing to Ultratech Servers”. The music is still playing and my computer is otherwise running just fine (typing as it sits there frozen right now actually), but KI refuses to continue on. Anyone got a fix for that? :confused:

Any update about the characters being not available when offline on PC WIN 10 ? Please tell me they’re trying to find a workaround cause it’s not normal to not have ur own characters available when u bought them all through Definitive Edition. Please fix the issue if u can

Can someone help with this annyoying bugg it’s litterly stopping me from playing im sad -_____- .

Go to the Windows store and look in the updates and downloads section to see if KI has updated today. If it has, my recommendation is restart your computer. That should work, but if it doesn’t I’d suggest the extreme solution of reinstalling the game. Anyway, hope this helps.

Nope neother work :confused:

Oh wow all of a sudden it works sorry for the trouble