PC Issues & Workarounds

i thunk it might be something with one of the files in the app store or you’re computer causing that to happen

even on the 640x320 setting in game it still doesn’t pass, oddly enough it gets the highest score while in 1080.
i have my computer’s default resolution set as 1080 in the display settings so i don’t think the 4k part has anything to do with it.
also my cpu is clocked to 4.0 ghz out of the box but i don’t think that’s the problem, the game runs fine at launch and in the menus but as soon as a fight starts the whole game is in slow-mo, like i can actually play but the characters move around at half speed. not the same you get when the frames just drop really low and stuff gets choppy. its still really smooth just everything is happening slower than it should be almost like the game is in low gravity or something.

i don’t really see how it could be my cpu or gpu since they’re both way over the recommended. that’s why i was thinking it was tied to the refresh rate of my t.v. somehow but i haven’t seen anyone else having this problem just the super fast game from a high refresh rate.
but im not sure if the slow game play is whats causing me to fail the test or not so idk what to do really, im out of ideas.

I get the same problem LARGOFARBURN, I saw someone else with the same issue and we are all playing on a tv, defo a bug, my PC is more than capable at running the game at 60fps, in fact sometimes the game does run normally, seems to sometimes get fixed when I minimise then maximise, the practice mode seems stuck in slow motion though.

I didnt read all of this thread, but has anyone had issues playing with more than one friend in a lobby? We cant seem to have more than 2 of us in a lobby. All of us have been able to fight each other separately however so its not anything to do with the Teredo issues… at least to my knowledge. All have them obtained in the settings. Anyone have a solution to this? I cant seem to find it anywhere.

I game on an actual tv, it’s an old vizio 1080p, but no issues

Try the solution of another one in here, @NeveroddoreveNx
Try going to your AMD Radeon Settings (rightclick on desktop to find it)
Go to Preferences in the buttom of the screen and reset to factory default…

Don’t know why it should help… but @NeveroddoreveNx did the same on the same chip as yours (but different model) and it just magically jumped from exactly your score to passed without problems.

I have the same GPU as you (although mine is the 7970, of which yours is a rebranded version of) and I have no problems at all… got a score around 1550

Edit: Here’s the thread if you guys wanna see it @LARGOFARBURN & @Moadeebe

Thanks but I have an Nvidia card not an Amd. I’m just going to wait a week or so for things to get ironed out and try again, if it’s not fixed by then I won’t be putting a penny into the game, it’s as simple as that.

Thanks a bunch! That worked like a charm.

it’s definitely the t.v. Hotsumari gave me an idea and i tried using my old t.v. and everything works like a charm passed at 1506 with all the settings on or set to high and the game plays at normal speed.
kinda sucks but at least now we know what it is for sure, i hope they get a patch out for it soon.

thanks everyone for the help.

woohoo pc’s + old tv’s ftw!

Hmm… could it maybe be something about it running lower than 60hz… as far as I remember some TVs run 50hz or something like that… considering us with 120hz and 144hz monitors gets that amount of fps, which makes it unplayable, 50hz TVs should hit 50hz no matter the power of the PC, since it’s tied to the refreshrate of the screen… that would make you not pass the test, because you simply can’t hit the 60fps required

You are a brilliant person, after finding the right media pack to download, as I required a different one to the link you provided, everything worked properly. Thank you for the solution.

I don’t suppose anyone knows a work around for being stuck on ‘checking downloadable content’? I’ve been stuck there since yesterday after buying the season 3 ultra pack. Tried everything from rebooting to re-installing.

I’m have the same exact issues, the game worked before, always took a long time on the checking dlc screen, but now it seems stuck there forever, I cant play ki. I’ve tried the following:

Restart PC
Restarted Internet
Uninstall and Reinstall
Signed out of xbox app and back in
Tried launching with the app on and off.
Checked my xbox live services
Disabled my antivirus.
Sacrificed a baby chicken.

Nothing works…

Edit: I’ve just found the issue/solution…I’ve disabled the windows firewall and now it works fine…sigh. Now to find out what specifically I need to allow in firewall to allow the game to work and the firewall to be on at the same time.

Does anyone know where Killer Instinct is actually stored?

The only way I can open the app is to go through the Windows Store.
I was trying to get a shortcut or something set up on my desktop or start menu, but I can’t find it.
There’s nothing in Program Files(x86 or not), I’ve just ran a search on my C drive and found nothing.

The game was about a 20Gb download, but I can’t find where all this is for the life of me.

Edit: Found it in my list of Apps and Features, and it claims it’s on the C Drive, so I must have just missed it. Anyone able to point out a filepath?

Should be in ProgramFiles/WindowsApps

It’s a hidden folder, and you don’t have permission to enter or change anything, but that can be fixed… someone here should have told how already… look in the Modding thread :slight_smile:

I found it, so thanks for that, But typically there’s no simple .exe file that I can paste to my desktop.
The only existing one "can only run in the context of an app container"
Don’t reckon I’m going to be able to get easy access to it. Having to go through the Store every time is just tedious, who thought that would be a good idea :confused:

i created a shortcut for it some how, i dont remember how though, sorry. but if you click on the start button on your home screen go to all apps and right click on ki you can pin it to the task bar. at least that way you wont have to open the app store every time you want to play.

Well… I’m not sure how ANYONE could think the Windows Store was a good idea in any way, as it is now…

You can’t make shortcuts (except for @LARGOFARBURN s method) and the general annoyance of there not being an exe

You don’t get to decide where it installs (you can pick the drive but not location, and even then it’s hidden FAR away so no one can find it, AND you’ll have to do the same thing again if you wanna install something else on another drive, if you for example for people like me who has a game SSD and a game normal harddisk)

Uninstalling is just as random, and has to be done via the (original W10) start menu, and can’t be done from the Store either…

Oh, and then theres all the problems the Store makes for it’s games, mostly by stuff it doesn’t support, that should just be there

It’s fine Microsoft wanna pull people to their own platform, but as long as they do it in this way, and with SO many issues, they are ONLY gonna end up with another Games for Windows Live failure…
You need to get your stuff working BEFORE you force people there, otherwise people are just gonna stay away and NEVER look back, no matter how improved it becomes

When cancelling search for ranked match the screen stays faded and the game is stuck. When you close it and try to run the game again it takes about 3 min. before the game starts again.

Actually since today the screen shows Leaving and thats it.