Patch Notes - 2.9.1

Juggles sound different now, they have a much lower thud. Not liking it but oh well.

how do I disable these sounds? I didn’t really liked the previous KV one, but I get used to it. And now, I don’t like the new one at all…

1 Like

For myself, it’s not that the sounds are loud so much as that they’re jarring. I don’t like that it sounds like I’m beating up a car when I’m punching a werewolf. The fact that I don’t really need audio cues to keep track of my KV means that the benefit of the mechanic is wasted on me, and all I’m left with is the fact that I’m apparently beating a fleshy xylophone.

1 Like

great as usual!

When i saw the update i was hoping for shadow jago release

I wish this sound effect would not have been added it to begin with. Is something like this really necessary after going 2 years without it? I find it distracting as hell. So does everyone else playing at my place.

This is now the 2nd ‘feature’ for (color)blind people that are making me enjoy the game less. Why not make options like this, that are targeted at such an incredibly miniscule audience, optional?

I agree with those who dislike the audio cues. Make them optional or remove them please.

I don’t mind the audio cues, I actually think they are a nice addition to Season 3 and a way to show that every season is different from the next. I have always wished there were a way to play each Season in their respected patch though. Online should be current of course, but a option to select seasons would be very nice. Completely random.

A nice idea in theory, but one that takes incredible development time and power to make, so it’s definitely not a small request. Especially since I don’t believe the original game (which wasn’t even built by IG) was coded with this in mind, so it would require a fairly substantial rewriting of code they probably don’t want to touch.

Please allow us to disable the audio cues. It sounds like a pinball machine.

It sounds different now. Now it’s more like a drum.

Aww, the clings are gone. I don’t hear anything now.

Haters :frowning:

1 Like

The cues are still there. It’s more of a bass-centric thud with some echo on it. I’m personally not too sure what to think of it, but I think it works for the most part. However, I can understand people’s frustration that you can’t turn the cues off.

@KrizmKazm
I’m not sure if you’re ead my previous posts, but it’s not just for “colorblind people”. Not only are the cues intended for anyone to make use of, but there is a distinct difference between colourblindness and total loss/lack of ision.

Just thought I’d say that. Hope the toggles get added for the KV and shadow cues for those who want them

Continuing the discussion from Patch Notes - 2.9.1:

Yeah I gotcha, I was making note of the changes that have been made for both blind (a) the new audio cue, and the color blind (b) Fulgore’s stage lighting.

I honestly never even noticed the shadow bar audio cues…still don’t even after trying to listen for them lol

I like the KV audio pinging sound… helps a lot when you use Omen like I do. The new sounds is OK… not near as noticeable.
Either way I’m fine with the change…fairly soon everyone will be used to it and this conversation will be old news. But options to turn off and on would have been the best route…unless that’s just something really hard to program.
I think its cool they are targeting a specific audience within the community, no matter how small it is. Shows they are reading our ideas and making sure everyone is thought of.

Everything is already there, all that would need to be done is to code in the overlay for the seasons and revert to an earlier patch. Anything online related i.e. store, multiplayer, etc. will follow its ordinary way. The only change would be the overlay, text, and difference in characters seeing that it is being reverted. I know it won’t happen with Season 3 needing a lot of attention, but its a nice thought to consider when KI finally ends.

Well… it was all there, but now it’s not. The entire game engine has changed substantially from S1; it’s not just small character balance tweaks. I’m pretty sure the game as it existed in S1 is not present at all in the code anymore, and bringing it back is certainly no easy feat.

One primary benefit of having the ability for KI to play any version of the game is that we wouldn’t lose all our replays every patch (for me, I find the KI replay system in need of some serious expansion), but it’s just so much work to do this that I don’t think they can manage it without sacrificing development of the actual game.

Maya’s throw certainly sounds odd now…

(12:36 - 12:47)

I’ve lost a LOT of replays over time that I wasn’t too happy about. I’ve resorted to having to record a lot of my replays with twitch just so I have the data to look back on to improve my game. See how I reacted to certain things. Definitely not a good thing to have where they are just gone every patch.

I agree, and I think the developers would also probably agree with you! The unfortunate thing is the solution is just not very cost effective and, therefore, probably pretty low on the developer’s priority list.