Patch Notes - 2.10

You will still hit Wulf in the air, but now the shadow counter will recapture him on the 5th hit and you’ll get a grounded combo.

The reason Aganos hits Wulf out of the air is because his shadow counter is the fastest startup in the game… it’s SO fast it can hit Wulf before he even lands. So I’m glad they aren’t making his shadow counter slower (fast is good), but this change will help him get past those weird situations. It’ll also make sure Riptor can never do j.HP on Aganos without eating a full combo, which will help him quite a bit in that matchup.

Yeah, Aria’s shadow counter is incredibly slow (it’s tied with Maya for the slowest in the game). This is just something we’ll have to live with for now, since I don’t think they’ll be addressing this in S2.

Thank you so much! Time for me to go back to the lab to finally take Aganos… :grinning:

Hm, I’ll have to try out some of the weirder combos I have on the backburner for Jago to see if they cash out now.

Also great to see Shadows improvements/additions.

This explains why I was getting rekt by Riptor.

I’m just wondering, shouldn’t this be in the News section? Either way, great work KI team!! Thanks for your hard work!

I know…other than more shadows that’s the only thing I really wanted to see fixed. I wonder if the Fulgore endings bit has anything to do with it?

Is that drum beat going… its super annoyingm

Booom.boom.boom evey time you hit someone. Lol

1 Like

Still no backout option when shadow mode continuously searches for a new opponent?

I’m not sure if being the first post in the thread, and the bold text, adequately expressed just how excited I am about Hisako shadows. Because I am freaking elated.

It feels like I’m about to raise a kid… I’m all worried about the examples I’m about to set :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

THIS! Was expecting the achievement to be fixed in the last patch. It wasn’t and it still isn’t according to this. Shame :frowning:

Hi, I was wondering if Riptor will ever get a improvement on Shadow Tail Flip on the ground? It’s a little upsetting using it and getting countered by nearly every low attack the enemy uses against me. Everytime I do it someone just does a low hit and stops it even though the Tail starts at the bottom the hit boxes seem to missing every engagment… I use it against Sabrewulfs and they just slide and waste it, I use it against Cinder,Jago,Orchid and Fulgore and they just Anti-Air it our of the way. Seeing how they anti-Air it out of the way it makes me wonder if Sabrewulfs Attack that Cresent shape over the top of his character would just knock right through it also or another way of identifying it would be the 180* Angle around his character model. Sorry I don’t know the name I only own Riptor. If someone could just tell me the hitbox on that attack that might solve my problem. Oh and another issue is when it states Apponent has left the lobby while in a lobby and it kicks me out of the lobby even if it’s my lobby this is getting very annoying especially if I’m doing good and I’m on a win streak and it kicks me and I lose all the proof I was on a win streak.: / I meant everytime they do a low attack it gets countered not everytime they do an attack it gets countered.

I’m not sure if this was intentional but I can no longer grab with omen cancel into instinct and slide to continue my combo… @keits kinda feels like a big weapon was taken away. Anyway I didn’t see it in the patch notes.

What does “Projectile auto correct” mean? what was it doing exactly?

You know Jago’s double fireball? He shoots one in one direction. Opponent jumps over him. Jago turns around and shoots a fireball in the other direction.

1 Like

Yeah, Omen’s throw has really changed this patch. The animation is… slower/more rigid? You can really feel it’s different. He can’t instinct cancel the recovery of it anymore, and heavy manuals in the corner are much more difficult now (though still possible).

Maybe it was part of the fix to get rid of the Aganos throw infinite? He doesn’t seem to be allowed to move at all while the opponent is in that stagger state, which lends to that “rigid” feeling. It’s definitely a big nerf to his throw to make heavy manuals harder and make midscreen instinct combos not possible anymore.

I wonder if he can be individually tweaked because it actually felt like I was playing a different character yesterday. My corner pressure and manual game was affected greatly. I also noticed saberwulfs stage to be extremely light in contrast.

The only thing we heard was “end of 2015.” Theres about 3 more months of that window. :grin: