Patch Notes - 2.10

Does that mean it’ll trade with everything else, or get stuffed by everything else?

Thank the Lord for all the stupid auto-correct fixes. Oh happy days, Spinal got buffed! XD

Jk, but that will help me out so much when Jagos spamming his instinct fireballs.

I thought we were getting the knock off audios in this one. It’s been on going for months.
Still no shago.
Are the cinematics fixed to show the opening, rival and closing scenes yet?

1 Like

Patches are welcome, though it’s a little “meh” as the first bastion of the wave if incoming news. I know the news is going to be slow in coming, so I’ll let it slide, but I still feel a little let down. Was expecting something ultra hype, but that might just be because of all the hype the last few says (lopsided football games, blood moon super eclipse, liquid water on Mars, etc.)
Good to see things getting fixed though. Still waiting for a solution fro Kan-Ra’s unbreakable nonsense, but I can wait a while longer. Keep up the good work, dudes!
I await the next news dump with much anticipation :wink:

Edit: Did I sound a wee bit entitled in that post? I think I might’ve. Oops lol

Regardless of the changes and new content, I just want to thank you guys for what you are doing. Great job.

cool. only 999 bugs to squash still. whoohooo!

Cool patch notes! The biggest change in this patch is the removal of Cinder’s unbreakable linker (and probably also his massive frame advantage glitch), which means no more opener-unbreakable-ender combos for him cashing out big potential damage (the massive frame advantage was kinda cool and not a big deal at all, but probably got hit in the crossfire of this bug). The second biggest one is Aganos shadow counter recapturing, since it will actually affect a bunch of matchups (most notably Riptor).

As a total guess, I predict patch 2.11 will fix another mess of bugs, enable the last characters for shadows mode (Cinder, Aria, and Shadow Jago), and come with Shadow Jago playable some time in early-to-mid November.

Your workaround the censorship has greatly offended me. The word offends me. This site offends me. When I woke up this morning, I only felt one thing: offended.

1 Like

I think Kan-Ra’s unbreakable damage comes from setups that are pretty spacing dependent (and therefore not always achievable or reliable) and actually pretty much in line with several other unbreakable damage characters in the game. For instance, Jago gets about 36% unbreakable damage (including cashout) from any throw for 2 meters, anywhere on the screen. That’s pretty good, and I don’t think any of Kan-Ra’s setups are drastically better than that.

(Also, as a tip for some people, you can break Kan-Ra’s cr.HK sand placement normal if it hits you. The unbreakable setup requires him to make that normal whiff against you, which, like I said, is very spacing/situation dependent. If he ever tries to do a bunch of shadow scarab stuff to you and hits you with cr.HK before he does antlion recapture, you can break that and it’s always a heavy.)

Also, I think the devs have stated that there won’t be any more balance changes the rest of the way, just bug fixes. So I wouldn’t look for them to tweak damage numbers or change the game engine for unbreakable stuff right now.

1 Like

Hence why I’m not too miffed by it remaining unpatched. Though I’m fairly certain that last time I tried messing around with stuff, you need at least one non-shadow physical attack to get a juggle cash out. In my experience, if ever I tried to do the the Jago throw into double shadow cash out, I needed to throw in a normal or special and shadow Shoryu-Ken cancel out of it. I could be wrong, but that’s how it worked when I tried fireball juggle cache outs with Jago, Spinal, and Fulgore. Haven’t done a whole lot of messing around with Kan-Ra to test it out, and I haven’t experience much of it myself, but it’s one that comes up the most often when talking about unbreakable stuff.

They did they by the end of the year, we are barely in September not to mention that they would slowly remedy the slowness of KI but to emphasize slowly. Just have to be patient, it will come when it comes.

Ah great, more tech to massacre :laughing: me with? Please don’t be my first opponent for the next tournament again

Yeah, you need one “non-opener” attack to fill the opener-ender sandwich, but Jago gets to use regular fireball (also unbreakable) for this purpose. So he can do back throw, shadow fireball, regular fireball, shadow DP for unbreakable damage that cashes out.

Yeah, sorry if my message felt like I was attacking you. I just see a lot of people complain about Kan-Ra’s unbreakable damage (including streamers) and then they get hit by a totally breakable setup. Just to be clear, Kan-Ra does have some unbreakable stuff, but it doesn’t show up as often (because it’s harder to set up) and most of the stuff people are complaining about has a break point in it.

1 Like

IG has been working hard and already commiting to Season 3. I didn’t expect much and they even told us so. I can see your disappointment though as it does feel lonely without the constant interaction and monthly character additions. Still, I know what’s in store will be amazing so I will patiently wait.

I know, I’m just a bit anxious (and more than a little needy.) IG have done well with Season 2, I’m probably just suffering from “everything I want isn’t out for another few months and is a closely guarded secret so any potential news drives me up the wall”-itus :stuck_out_tongue:

And @Infilament thanks for clarifying. I keep forgetting that you can do fireball into fireball combos. The weird thing is that it still didn’t cash out for me even at the end of a combo string (I know it’s not super effective for damage, but every once in a while it’s fun to do style combos). Maybe I just need more lab time. Lab time is never a bad thing. :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Thank you guys for the consistent hard work and trying to drive out as many bugs as humanly possible. It’s also very much appreciated that we get detailed list of all the fixed in an easy to follow order. I look forward to upgrading my Hisako shadow now that she is available. Keep up the good work!

I shall certainly miss my Hisako blocked shadow ORZ not giving the opponent the meter needed to shadow counter my poor decision :sweat_smile:

@TheKeits: any word on if the Hisako recapture->manual->ultra turning into manual->wrath cancel bug will ever get taken care of? It’s not a huge deal, but I’ve certainly lost a couple of matches to that issue. I always figured it was because of the strange rules around manuals in general, but it’d be a nice quality of life fix if that got taken care of. :grin:

To clarify, this bug ONLY affects close standing MP. You can avoid the issue entirely by using close standing MK instead, or even crouching MP (they have the same startup frames so the manual isn’t any harder).

I agree the bug should be fixed, but in the meantime, Hisako can dodge the issue entirely with no negative effect on her gameplan. Just takes a small amount of muscle memory recalibration.

I don’t think so. I think the throw infinite is referred to in:

I think ‘standing recapture’ refers to Omen’s throw. I’ve only been hit with that once or twice, but that’s more than rage-inducing.

Great stuff, so many bugs squashed! Love it. Do the changes to Aganos’ Shadow Natural Disaster fix some of his shadow counter issues? I remember he couldn’t shadow counter Sabrewulf’s shadow Ragged Edge without it missing a hit and dropping the combo.

Speaking of shadow counters that need to be looked at… When Aria first came out I noticed you can’t shadow counter Cinder’s shadow Trailblazer. Well, you could, but Cinder could just block Aria’s shadow counter. Has this been addressed at all? Either by speeding up the active hit frames on Aria’s shadow counter or by increasing Cinder’s recovery on his shadow Trailblazer (or whatever would fix that)?

Looking forward to Shadow Jago and more fixes in the future. Keep up the good work!