Overwatch

Just played the beta and the characters i go with are…

Symmetra

Roadhog

I’ve had a blast with beta i with out doubt getting this game. :slight_smile:

Update: Been having more fun. Starting to get the hang of Pharah, which is fun. :slight_smile: She’s a good tank buster. It’s difficult to hit faster, smaller opponents but she can take out the biggest baddies with relative ease. She and Junk Rat look like they’re going to be the bane of all turrets/Bastions. Plus, her jump pack lets you reach high places.
Speaking of Junk Rat, he’s a grand ol’ time. He’s great for the King of the Hill/Neutral Zone game mode. Take control of the point, lay some traps, and shower everyone with grenades. His concussion mine is a great way to move around, and his Ultimate (Gavlan Wheel, Gavlan Deal!) is incredibly potent of you can sneak up on people with it.
Bastion and Tolbörn are both important staples to have on Defense they can lock down the enemy like no other.
Symmetra and Mei are both great utility characters. Symmetra’s teleporter really amps up the pace of the game, and Mei is a master of controlling combat with her walls and freezegun.

@R1stormrider There’s talks of Xbox/PS4 crossplay because of the new deals they’ve been making, but Blizzard has snuffed the idea of PC/Console crossplay because Mouse and Keyboard vs Controller has proven to be the downfall of a few crossplay shooters before. That is, unless mouse and keyboard play on console becomes a thing, like MS is supposedly planning, then there’s just be one massive playerpool :smiley:

1 Like

and

are best characters ever!

Hey guys! Wanna play with me in Overwatch beta multiplayer before end?

1 Like

Well, after many long hours with the game, I cam say I’ve had more frustration than fun. There’s been moments of joy and even hype, but I come out of most of my matches feeling let down with either myself or my team.
Lots of moments where made what seemed like the right choice only to be punished, lots of times I’d be the only one to make it to the objective (or I’d be the only one even trying to get to it)…
Maybe I’m just getting more sour about online games in general? I mean, I liked the Doom Alpha/Beta just fine, warts and all, and I even went back to play a bit of Halo. Perhaps I need to play online with friends more? Maybe I’m just salty from scrubitus.

Gameplay aside, if I had to pick a major gripe, it’d be the progression system. I’ve unlocked 3 high level skins and none of them are for heroes I actually play. RNG currency and unlock drops feels really “free to play” for a game that costs $60. Maybe instead of unlocking things at random, you get a certain amount of currency per level up and get things for characters you’d actually use them for? I’d be fine with the RNG drops of there was at least a consistent palpable reward.

It seems like a game that’s very difficult to just pick up and play, which isn’t necessarily a bad thing. RPG games take a while to get into, especially in the swiftly exploding “Souls-like” genre. A game with a lot of depth and complexity with a high skill floor and an even higher skill ceiling could be fun. I just don’t know if this is one I’m going to want to sink time into. Which makes me sad, because it had a really nice first impression, and the moments where it was good were really good!
I’ve just got enough piling up on my plate both life and games wise that I wouldn’t be able to add it to my repertoire no matter how bad I wanted to. :frowning:

More time with the game has brought on more of the idea that this is the sort of game you play with friends and isn’t for the socially challenged. Granted, I have a lot of friends, but none of them seem to have the time that I do to sit around gripe about a game from the comfort of their couch. They all grew up and got real jobs and lives, losers.

I tinkered around with more than two characters, trying out the various support features and what not and actually found myself enjoying them more than the two characters I played. However, much like the engineer class in TF2, once you have your turret destroyed it can be a hassle trying to get back into the swing of things. It wasn’t much of a problem for the one lady who could just conjure a turret up like a Smith and Wesson witch.

Other than them I tried out a tank class and found myself shrugging a little, tried out the healing and found myself being screamed at by strangers who take their beta events very seriously. This is something that is rather mysterious to me, I get that you’re spending your time off of whatever it is you do all day to play a game and you want to be successful, but you’re playing a beta. None of this matters. It’s like people who rage quit in SFV when it was in beta, those people were just incredibly silly. “Oh dear, my points! My cred!” are they only things I could imagine they screamed as they unplugged their consoles.

At the end of the day, TF2 still hits a lot of things out of the park, and that game is over ten years old. In gaming terms, it should have been buried, forgotten, rebooted, and over hyped but it remains a testament to how the multiplayer genre should be made. Like an old man giving friendly advice to youngsters and the kids skateboarding off only to fall into a pit of sharks that’s on fire.

Really like the game and I haven’t had a love for pure shooters in a while. For Moba/KI feeling when it comes to characters and their diversity. The plays styles range wildly and are all pretty satisfying.

The artstyle of the game alone makes it a worthwhile game. KI can learn something about artstyle from Overwatch, they need to have that level of presentation when it comes to the whole package. The menus, the UI, animations, everything looks well done while KI appears as though the devs are learning all of this as they go along which may not be wrong.

I do fear that I may eventually get tired but I found myself switching between KI to Overwatch often which is a good sign because KI was the only game I’d go back to.

The free characters/maps is what pushed me over the edge. Am def buying this one. Just waiting on my Fable Legends refund… Any day now.

Think I figured out why I was getting so bummed out about Overwatch. It’s a game I really like playing, just in short bursts. Playing it for a whole day burns me out on multiplayer. I’d already learned this lesson with KI and the recent Doom Beta, so why I thought I still had it in me to play for long periods is beyond me. :stuck_out_tongue:
I’ve decided on my favorites to mess around with:
-Junkrat is by far my favorite. He’s a great character for holding down a Neutral Objective (i.e. King of the Hill maps like Greece) with a lot of potential for big damage and shutting down quick characters with traps.
-Bastion is a monster on defense. In turret form, I’m starting to wonder if there’s any non-Attack hero who deals more DPS. A well placed Bastion is a bad time for anyone else.
-For my attack class I’m struggling to choose between McCree and Reaper. McCree for range and Reaper for in your face stopping power.

I’m not sure if I’m still down to buy the game at full price, but even if I don’t wind up playing it I have a feeling I’ll follow it. And hey, if my brother buys it I’ll just mooch. :stuck_out_tongue:

This game is oodles of fun and very polished. I might wait to buy it, though. If this is all the content (3 objective modes and 12 maps) that will be included in the initial release, it might be a good idea to wait until Blizzard’s free updates make the game meaty enough warrant a full purchase.

Anybody up to play?

Wenston is way too underpowered. Even for a tank character.

He’s used more for Singling out people, like Supports.

If the release goes well… This will game rise to my top ten favorites… Of all time.

:smiley: My Mains so far:

Junkrat

Tracer

Zenyatta

Roadhog

#junkrat4life

1 Like

Characters I play the most (mains)

1. Roadhog (fat scorpion)

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/overwatch.gamepedia.com/thumb/c/ce/Roadhog-Portrait.png/350px-Roadhog-Portrait.png?version=545fb3b274df92382f845d567524c32a

2. Bastion (Class-buster)

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/overwatch.gamepedia.com/thumb/d/d0/Bastion-portrait.png/350px-Bastion-portrait.png?version=a5fd1c36afed46b05a456de03347b86c

3. Junkrat (Demoman goblin-lookin guy)

4. Lucio, Reaper and Reinhardt (Characters made for competitive)

Characters I want to play more

1. D.Va

2. Mcree

3. Zenyatta

Characters I hate fighting

1. Mei (WAY!!! too strong against characters like Reaper…also she needs a health nerf)

2. Bastion (pretty much everyone worst nightmare on pubs)

3. Genji (the counters always get me)

I really want to play this game… I hate FPS-induced motion-sickness. :confused:

Is it really too Motion Sickness inducing for you? I feel like the only people that could do that is D.VA, Tracer, Lucio, and Winsor.

Sadly yes. It’s the fast-paced action and jerky camera that hits me.

Aww! I hope you can play it one day! :sob:

On other news:

I was trying to be a Really Good Tracer (She seems to be the one I have most fun with), and I seemed to be doing something right. People were praising my Tracer play, except this one guy that said I was stealing all his kills, and that Tracer is OP. (lol)

Apparently, My D.VA play wasn’t bad too. I like when you lose your mech and are on foot, and you STILL own people like Reaper and RoadHogs head-on. LOL

LOL, i use those 2 guys the most! and Pharah.

anyway i played the game all weekend and i find it very fun to play. Genji is my main, hes just too fuckkin slick!

The game does have a FoV slider for people who have issues with motion sickness. Pumping that up might help, not sure if it’s available on the console version as consoles often lack graphical options.

We are best ninja player in world!

(Sigh) We’re weeaboos…