Opinions On Gargos

Aw come on with the rash rage, what’s that supposed to mean?

Shago: Performs Juggle Combo
Omen: Uses Shadow Orda Shield to keep you in the air after the ender.
Shago: Performs 2nd Juggle Combo
Gargos: Sits and taunts the whole time.

Everyone on the forums: Snaps Fightstick in half with bare hands.

5 Likes
1 Like

Wait,can’t you use heavy Physco Crusher? It is invincible right?

It is about time we get a “fat fighter” in Ki isn’t it!

That sweep is like 20 frames of startup lol. And it’s probably very negative on block.

-10. Punishable through most shadow moves on block. Practice up!

Using Rash is almost too easy, IMO - he has momentum on all his moves (I hesitate to call it frame advantage though). He can hit you, and almost immediately retaliate with another move on block. A lot of the other characters get kind of “stuck” if they tried that - to me, it’s almost like he doesn’t have recovery frames (which I know isn’t true, but it certainly seems like it sometimes) on his moves…

2 Likes

I played a couple of Gargoses (Gargi??) just now with Shago, decent levels. One killer, SC AlbeFreak, had a challenging playstyle. Lost 2-1 but very close, caught him with three counter-breakers to take a game. He caught me a fair few times with the follow up to Psycho Crusher (what is it called here?). His Instinct game was off a little, probably coz its so different. I swept him multiple times before Instinct ran out or he blew up. I’m having a lot of fun playing against Gargos, he has faults but he can overpowering too. Haven’t played anyone who uses the minions yet, that will be interesting.

Incredibly awkward to use and not very fun to play.

Really disappointed with him. At least his accessories are amazing.

He’s an absolute blast to play in my opinion. Also asetetichaly speaking he looks amazing. They knocked it out of the park with him. Only small gripe would be his textures look kind of bad when he’s zoomed in during his win pose; similar to hisakos face when she’s zoomed in.

1 Like

so does that mean you might drop Omen as your main :frowning: ? also as a quick side note which are your favorite colors and accessories (if any) for omen or gargos (if he is your new main)

I’m loving Gargos, especially his dragon armor set.
I really like his retro’s too though, they are a bit more on the funny side, but I like the wizard of oz monkey look and the pilot outfit.

I have hated clowns since I saw ‘It’ as a kid, but can appreciate the outfit as I think its an approprietly scary version… :fearful:

I am keeping it a secret whether or not i will switch.

As for accessories:

-Default everything is always my favorite
-But i use Omens Purple Color on Ice Haven, which causes the glitch that makes him Purple on the outside, but Black on the inside.
-And im REALLY warming up to some of Gargos’ accessories. So far i like Default Color, Black Hood, Black Armor, Black Wings.

i actually did took me 52 tries, kept coming up close, with Jago, Shago… Omen actually has a good chance but is too weak… Kim is very good against him, I don’t know if they could of somehow made that matchup very fair due to the storyline, but I had him pulling out all the stops with Kim, Finally got it done with Rash after 5 tries… and it was a slight win too, Aganos did well but he always came back at the end… the minions worked best against Aganos

I am loving him so far. I still have much to learn but I feel like I am doing ok. I’ll admit I don’t quite understand how manuals work anyway, so other than Spinal’s Spectral manuals, Gargos is the only character who I have actually managed to figure out how to do a manual with lol I just figured out how to do medium kick manuals after his heavy psycho crusher :smiley: I am kind of happy since I have not been able to figure these damn things out with anybody else lol

I suggest you to try Aganos’ manuals. They are really easy to pull out

Yeah I probably could, but idk if there would be much point since I don’t ever plan on playing/learning him. Though if it will help me better understand and learn how to do manuals I might give it a shot

1 Like

Enjoying him a lot, got 300 games played as him so far. Looking forward to finding more concrete setups rather than just playing neutral getting hard knockdown and getting minions out to pressure and cover me. Command grab shenanigans are fun though, juggling people with light portal punch is also amusing to see if they can break it and counter breakering it once they do. He’s very much my kinda character, a bit slow, setup heavy mixup/zoner with massive momentum based mechanics.

Summon Shago, Omen or dare I say another shadow character :scream: