Only the OST is on sale instead of the game

While this isn’t something regarding the game itself, I still think it’s worth to discuss about.
So, after the Anniversary Update, the pricing of the game has changed for every region, with the intention of lowering its value (From $40 to $30), unfortunately, my country wasn’t lucky to have said decrease, going from R$73 to R$150 on Steam. I’d discuss further about this matter in particular, but I think this Steam post has illustrated this better:

That said, waiting for a sale would be really reasonable for someone from my country to get this game, since it used to go down to 75% its former price. But since it had gone F2P on Steam, and the full game became a DLC instead, Microsoft/Steam hadn’t applied a proper discount for the full game like before, probably because there is no price for them to discount since the game is now “free” on this platform.

What’s weird however, is that they actually applied a discount to the OST for a lower value compared to before, that being from 75% to 66%, implying that it reflects the price reduction proper since 75% x $40 = 66% x $30 = $10. So if they bothered to reduce the discount value to the OST, why didn’t they apply it to the actual game? And like I said prior, the game costing more than double its former price in my country is just more salt to the wound.

It’s been two sales in a row, and they haven’t fixed this yet. Is there anything that can be done?

Here are some screenshots that illustrate the issue better:

The game during the Lunar New Year sale, where the OST is only product at a discount.

Steamdb’s chart of the OST being on sale as of one year.

I am grateful for the dev team for creating such an awesome game, but this distribution on Steam really feels off, and I don’t think it reflects on the product proper, so I’d really like for someone to take a look at it.

If you need any more details to illustrate the matter further, I can try gathering more info. In the meanwhile, I’ll be waiting for a reply here.

Thanks for posting about this! I am passing this over to our team that handles this right now, it is the long weekend over here so may not get resolved until Tuesday 2/20/24!

1 Like

You’re welcome! Thanks for giving your time to reply to this post, looking forward for the fix :smile:
Since KI is gathering attention yet again after such a long time, this would definitely help! It’s an awesome game that deserves to be enjoyed by many!

Hello again!
So, we’re currently on Autumn Sale on Steam, and I came to see if there was a discount for the game this time.
Surprisingly, the Anniversary Edition is still at full price, but the OST got its discount higher than the one before (66% to 75%)
Here is the current value for now:

I’m sorry if I’m being rude, but I thought this would be fixed by now, especially after the reply we got. Any reasons why this can’t be fixed? The game having a price increase really makes much more sense for them to fix it if they can’t low the price for certain countries like mine. :c