One simple yet unrelenting, practical design problem

I just don’t think the game should be “changed” due to your preference of foot wear…period. I don’t like pink but I’m not asking them to remove it from Omens colors. Some people don’t like to see cleavage and asss but they aren’t asking it to be removed from the game.

That’s my issue… don’t ask for things to be removed from the game. You may not like it, its your opinion…but it doesn’t represent everyone…there for its a non factor…this world is becoming to entitled to thinking their sensitivities is priority over everything and how its made, advertised, ect…

So to sum it up…its not a DESIGN PROBLEM as you stated in the title. It’s just something you don’t like and that’s ok…for you.

2 Likes

Actually I’m pretty sure those people are asking that. Probably just never posted it in forums. The game, my friend, would not “change” in any way other than aesthetically.

I’m aware it doesn’t represent everyone. I mentioned that in my post as well. You’re making me out to be another selfish, single minded member of your negatively descending world, which I get by the way, I’ll accept that your opinion exists, but my post is not indicative of that. I will change the title since ‘character’ is a bit broad.

I am not negative by no means… I for one am positive and I accept everyone’s ideas…but I would never assume anything I did not create myself needs to be changed dude to my opinions or beliefs.

You sometimes forget there is an artist on the other side of the games you love to play…its because of their ideas you get these games… and most take it for granted and assume you have a hand in the outcome…you do not…unless they ask…and I don’t believe they asked about any characters foot wear.

But to each his own…good luck with your shoe crusade

Once again, you assume that I do this all the time with little to no good reason; that some artists don’t use feedback. Given I don’t know of and at all the creators, whether or not they make any changes based on posts like these doesn’t even matter. I’d be happy if they just heard me out. Perhaps you have a positive outlook on yourself, which is good, but what you keep trying to prove with your replies is that I’m a lesser person. That’s at least what 'm getting, which doesn’t sound very “positive” unfortunately.

Man, you keep putting “words in my mouth”…I never said any of those statements.I do not think you are any of those statements.

I, as an artist myself look at it this way. We dont make these artistic choices for anyone but our own ideas and likes. If you enjoy it great…if you do not great. But art is not meant to be changed… you can criticize it, praise it…but it is what it is… and that’s it. If every piece of art was changed due to public reaction…it wouldn’t be art…it wouldn’t be freedom of expression. ( video games are art in every sense of the word)

But again…it is not a design problem…its a design preference that you don’t agree with. You could always become a game designer or artistic design for a game producer and set a new trend… you could start a video game, feminist revolution!

But anyway, if you r that serious about it send a message to Adam… he might change it for you!

Being an artist, you know that a single idea is born of many things and isn’t a product of an completely isolated mind. The artist can be isolated but their ideas still come from things they read; things they saw everywhere, anything.
That said, I do understand what you’re saying about my post. I’m not an expert on criticism, clearly, so I guess that’s why this seems so boldly silly.

I could totally get into the industry, I’ve thought about what you’re saying and I do want to. Alas, I think you and I both know, if I had a happy, healthy brain, and or anything better to do I wouldn’t be feeling like the way I am right now and this post likely wouldn’t exist.

Right on man. I hope whatever you do it works in your favor…good luck!

1 Like