OG killer instinct DOOM mod

killer instinct doom mod. enjoy and appreciate the community.

http://www.dsogaming.com/news/here-is-a-really-cool-killer-instinct-mod-for-the-classic-doom-game/

6 Likes

@Fwufikins

1 Like

Ok…that’s neat and all but why?? :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Y tho?

What purpose does this fill? Are there really enough people out there that HATE the new KI so much that they won’t but it, even for the classic KI that they love so much?

Seeing how this was made as a mod for a game that’s what…20 years old now?..my guess is it was done by someone that really isn’t too terribly interested in modern games at all. I mean I could be wrong, but it looks like this guy’s gaming love is for 90s games.

1 Like

lol. IG should by this mods level and put it in as an extra stage :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

The answer is not “why?”, but rather “why not?” If anything it feels more like a Doom modder flexing his programming skills rather than any sort of statement. Kinda just doing it to say they did, like those people who make working computers in Minecraft.
Something along the lines of “I’ll bet you can’t make another game run inside Doom” followed by “oh YEAH?!”

2 Likes

“A guy’s made a mod that allows for the classic killer instinct to be playable online through an older and cheaper game? They must HATE KI 2013 and modern games!”

What

What

The question is: who would play this consistently?

You can already play KI1 online right now, so who would choose this instead?

That’s what I was trying to say.

I think it’s just a “let’s see if I can do this” kind of project. I don’t think it’s intended to be anything more than a curiosity. Like building a Mario level in Minecraft or something.

5 Likes