OFFLINE play (ms.store) only 3 char. + very slow loading after Aniversary update

As expected.
They start to asking useless data.

Hello,

Can you provide the below information?

Microsoft/Xbox Username

Region

Have you uninstalled Killer Instinct and reinstalled KI: Anniversary Edition to your computer?

Can you please provide a screenshot of which version of Killer Instinct you are opening on your computer?

So you realy not planning do something?
I dont wana waste time AGAIN as many time before.
CAN YOU JUST CHECH BY YOURSELF?!!!
ITS A GLOOOOOBAl problem. Not my own. Not my personal account. not region. Not version.
GLOBAL WINDOWS STORE GAME PROBLEM!!!
AND i justask to FIX IT.

Hi Edgy,
Just want to you to know that we are all real devs and part of the KI Team here, there is no standard CS in these forums.
We have to ask all the ‘standard’ questions because when we don’t, sometimes a bunch of time is wasted and it turned out to be something surprisingly standard. Like I had one where I did not ask right away if they logged out of the store, xbox app & back in, well that fixed it.

We have helped many people here, I personally (as the Head of KI) have spent lots of time happily and always get friendly responses.

We will continue to help you, we ask for you to please be patient and answer the questions my colleague is asking (questions I have help create) which will get us the information we will then discuss with one of the lead programmers on KI.

-James

Support started Gaslighting.
They tell that "tester: have no problem.
Its is a joke? This is so many years problem!
Why OTHER peoples on this forum stop talkin now when it realy matter?
I think they just not yousing this version anymore and switch to steam.

Sometimes we do have situations where an issue is reported, but not all users have the same issue, or in our testing we are not seeing it- which means we have some difference we need to find to reproduce the same issue. We are not giving up, we ask more and more questions to try to find it.

In this case we are trying to find the difference (going to send you a screenshot from the support account showing offline working on his PC) which could be a few key reasons. It can be what version, it can be settings.

So, let’s take this offline into the direct message thread we have started with you so we can drill down and figure this out as we have to ask for screen shots, and other details.

We will report back here with that the fix/solution was so people know. Sound good?

Hello Jimmy.
What you say about this topic for example?

Thanks for linking both of those topics. I have responded in both with notes we will be working through troubleshooting steps soon.

Moving forward please work with us in the direct message thread we started with you so we can help you. This will require providing the information we ask for- when I could not install KI Anv. Ed. myself initially I had to provide some of the same things to work through the issue I had on my PC.

For anyone having this issue, want to show an example of the game working offline with all characters unlocked to show it is possible- but we understand this is not working for everyone. So let’s start with the initial steps we did to get this working.

This is the windows version of KI Anniversary Edition offline (one of our team’s personal accounts )

1. Set the Offline permissions in windows to allow offline apps/gaming.

2. While still online, launched KI Anniversary Edition and confirmed working with everything unlocked, this makes sure everything is current on the save and all data.

3. They checked version number, that it was showing owned in the store, etc.

4. Then they went offline and confirmed everything was working as shown in the pics.

The steps above are the starting point. We have seen issues where KI Anv. Ed. is not installing (even though it shows it is owned)- cannot download the Anv. Ed. version and that usually is solved by logging out of the MS Store, and the Xbox App, rebooting, signing back in and then KI Anv. Ed. will install.

If this is not working we can troubleshoot by doing other steps and trying to find what is causing the issue on that PC/Setup or Account, but that 1:1 needs to be done in direct messages to keep from sharing details more private about your PC config, giving us permission to look at your account, etc.

Please directly message @UltraSupport to get the additional support and please remember these are real KI team members and the questions we ask are meant to get to the bottom of things not matter how standard or obvious they are.

Thanks for your assistance, James.
I studied the pictures. And also your recommendations. And it seems I found the cause of the problem!
It seems that the only thing that matters is that the versions of Aniversary in my accounts did not change to OWNED status. (i checked both… old and freshone)
Now, of course, I will indicate both of my accounts in private messages.
I just want people who have or have already had problems to know what to do.
However, let me ask anyway…

Apparently this is a problem of incorrect transfer of the digital DE version to Aniversary.

Tell me, will you take action to fix this? Won’t everyone write to support one by one to have the purchase transferred? what if they don’t notice? Or will they notice too late?
By the way. I also lost my KI Classic’s ownership status. Due to the lack of XBOX, I never used it… and now it doesn’t exist at all. But I hoped that someday it would happen. Or maybe someday someone from your team will compile the game for PC too :wink:

Glad to hear you’ve made progress!

For access to KI Classic 1 + 2, which is available through ownership of KI: Definitive Edition, you can find KI: DE in your Microsoft Store’s Library.

Make sure you adjust the Sort and filter accordingly to view all of your owned products.

Since you own DE, they will always be available on Xbox so you have not lost them, but you are correct they do not exist on PC (no Classics PC port).

Glad you got the offline issue resolved!

Yes, that’s exactly question. A question of XBOX exclusivity. Isn’t it time to reconsider it? 1. After all, 10 years have already passed. 2. Even Phil Spencer stated that Microsoft may leave the video game business.

Along with these things, can you finally find a way to transfer KI classic to PC? As far as I know, this is a UWP application. so it seems like there shouldn’t be any problems other than recompilation. Isnt i right? :wink:

Not yet.
I just found a possible cause of the problem. And pointed it out to you and to those people who will encounter it. But I can’t solve it on my own. (I’ll write to support right now.)
Unfortunately, you ignored the most important part of my question about auto fix for all. :frowning:

Pictures…pictures…more pictures required…
Milenials…
Well… if the account data is really not enough. I will provide you one more… just need litle bit more time.
Frankly speaking, I have already gone through all this more than once. This won’t end well.
Actualy… il do this again only cuz first time for 8 years someone showed me that offline play is possible… if it not “evil joke” of course…
You even not imaging about holywars…
Even now I myself would prove to anyone that only ONLINE play is possible… because I myself believed in it. All convinced me of this.
But yesterday my world almost collapsed.
Perhaps…its just outluck…

UPD…
done…
:pensive:

The pictures helped btw, the support account will be writing you about it. Your store pics show the store is not seeing that you own KI Anniversary Edition, which we know you do, so that is a problem- the store issue needs to be troubleshooted. They will help you in the direct message thread.

Note- I am 56, these are my instructions the team is following, so it would be 'Gen-X’rs…" not ‘Milenials…’ :laughing:

We will get this figured out!

All the actions that I performed at the request of ““support”” looked stupid and this did not bode well.
Well… i was right…
I did everything that was asked of me. (including updates, and other crap)
And as a result… What I was so afraid of happened. I completely lost my progress.
Thanks Jim!
I’m now back at level 1…
Everything was gone except the KI gold and shadow point.
Story mode… wanishd.
my 106 percent over the years… - down the drain…
Shadows and Mimics expressions are not owned.
Even the progress from the shadow lords has also reseted (although it is also on the server!!) and offers to create a new team.
I’m even afraid to guess, but I think if I create it, I will have neither guards nor progress.
Please tell me that this is something you are changing now and you can roll everything back.

Oh yes. We have a topic about offline. “Sheet” doesn’t work! For several years I was even afraid to use my main account because of glitches that arose and I used a second one so as not to lose progress. I won’t even try the second one now.

Oh no! Were you trying to play offline when this happened? Was there a save sync warning?

We do have tools to help with some progression fixes. Your save game is what is tied to that stuff.

Support account will reach out and continue to work with you.

So it not becasue of you make some change…:cry:
No il try online after Upadete xbox\store, log of and logon. And sync warning appear. and i selecr Local(newest)… :man_facepalming:
Actualy i was afraid and hate this warning all this years…

To be more precise. There are two changes. No. Aniversary still does not show the Owned status.
But when I hover over it with the mouse, it shows an Open button.

KRAKENJIMMY will be reaching out to help with progression through direct message for further support.

Thanks for confirming you saw the warning, this is something to be wary of - the advice is quit and never choose (local/offline). This is a risk with going offline/back online and I know that is not helpful to hear right now (this is for others reading) and I really feel bad this happened

Let me say please do not try to do any more offline/online stuff with your other 2nd account. If you see a save warning there, quit do not select offline/local. My advice is stay on this account that lost save progression until we work through things.

So I am going to take over helping you directly in messages.

As for getting your store to work so you can see you own the title on this (affected) account first, I will work with you on this if you still want to pursue getting that to work.
Then I will rebuild your progression on character/player levels.
I will get you resources to buy back missing shadow/mimic skins.
There are other things I cannot fix, we will work out what we can at least do.

I will write you directly shortly (30 mins or so).

Will wait. I am in touch.
Do you know what’s ironic?
It was because of a “similar” situation with synchronization that I stopped using the main account. It just endlessly said that it couldn’t synchronize and I was afraid to choose. And so I abandoned it for several years. Until I accidentally got a second account.
I sused the main one only after we started all this. :joy: And everything seemed to be going well.
Today - is not my day.