Official KI Bug Reporting Thread

I don’t know if it is my internet or something but whenever I join a lobby,I disconnect in a minute or two. I am fine in exhibition though. Lobbies are glitched for me. When I make one,no one joins.

One thing I would like to see addressed that isn’t entirely a bug is retro Fulgore. Only when using his retro do you run into the issue but when teleporting his blades never fully go invisible, making it easier for opponents to read your teleport mix ups. I always assumed it would be fixed but it’s been around since retro Fulgore released. Hopefully this might bring it someone’s attention. Thank you.

I’m in the same boat as you @Sasuke99I. If I go into a lobby, if there’s more than 1 other person in it, it auto-fails. I think this has less to do with the connection itself, and more to do with the fact that the game itself auto-kicks us in order to preserve the connection quality for everyone else - which gives us the short end of the stick in the process. It might as well be a middle-finger for all I care. I still don’t understand how, even with my connection, I can play a 64-player shooter (Battlefield) with no slow-down or disconnecting issues whatsoever, but in Killer Instinct, where there’s a max of 8, I get kicked out if there’s more than 2 and even with just 1 other, I often get disconnected anyways… The whole thing is a rubbish situation… :’(

1 Like

Here’s the clip:
Mid-Combo Miss?

Glitched rivaled achievement has been reported for MONTHS and You still had not fixed it. Please guys, respect the efforts of the players who busted their butt to win it.

Cinder can keep his fission active against opponent by blowing out the combo with heavy fission linker.

This will be too long so more info here Cinder Fission Linker Reset

Here is the basic principal

1. As Cinder get near the end of the kv meter
  2. max kv meter with Heavy Fission Linker.
  3. Only on quickstand opponent gets hit

Video

Glacius can combo Aganos off of his back throw with an Ice Lance manual at midscreen.

As I mentioned in the patch notes thread, this might not be a bug… but since there was a fix in 2.10 that fixed a situation where Aganos was the only victim to a certain situation, this could also be unintentional.

1 Like

Aganos has a bug where the second hit of the command grab with the Peace Maker causes the second hit to whiff.

Video:

This affects all characters with armored moves. Should, hopefully, be a pretty easy bug to fix. The throw just doesn’t take into account of the hitstun and does not hit the armored opponent properly.

Yeah I definitely see what you mean. The couple frames of armor hit stun don’t slow down Aganos’ throw animation meaning they are higher than intended so it just doesn’t connect. Should definitely be an easy fix. I noticed it significantly for Thunder and Tj since you had a scenario involving both one that connected and one that didn’t. You can see the pause when the opponent is lifted but Aganos’ doesn’t pause.

This has been fixed for 2.11 - https://twitter.com/TheKeits/status/648669676671635457

1 Like

These “issues” have kind of existed for Orchid for quite some time now so I’m not sure if this has always been intended, IG just doesn’t know about it or hasn’t gotten the time to fix them yet; but these problems kind of make Orchid’s life difficult sometimes. The video below explains all 3 issues in great detail but I’ve also typed them out as well.

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=30A2C2E661836D5!104439&authkey=!APcLV7Ds7Ql8P7U&ithint=video%2Cmp4

Issue 1 - Orchid is unable to finish a combo after hit confirming with fire cat into opener rekkas.
Issue 2 - Orchid is unable to finish a combo after hit confirming with grenade into opener rekkas.
Issue 3 - Orchid’s opener rekkas instantly become breakable after hit confirming with grenade or firecat.

Issue 1 and 2 are known and occur for every character that can start a combo with a projectile (Jago, Fulgore, Aria, others). As long as you do manuals, you will never trigger linkers, all your attacks will be openers (but breakable), which means you can’t do enders like normal. If you do an auto-double at any time, then suddenly your combo “snaps back into place” and everything works like normal again. Fulgore and Jago can use this to get really hard to break stuff.

Issue 3 isn’t a bug, it’s just a byproduct of everything being breakable once a special move hits. Grenade and firecat count as special moves, so even if you do links off it, things become breakable. Aria has a similar thing where if you call fireball assist and confirm into, say… medium allegro, you get the 3 hit swipe thing but it’s breakable.

Cinder now has a bug where his Shadow Fire Flash occasionally fails to cash out damage even outside of opener-ender situations. Jago had a bug like this with his Shadow Tiger Fury which was fixed in the latest patch. I found this bug BEFORE patch 2.10 was released, so the issue did not originate there.

Also, I don’t know if this is a big deal or anything, but Kan-Ra’s sand spike spawns a sand trap before the spike with the active hitbox comes out. This leads to many scenarios where if someone interrupts Kan-Ra’s sand spike attack at the right time, this spike doesn’t come out but the trap still spawns. This isn’t a bug or something that really needs to be dealt with, but I always found it odd.

With Aganos, you can do shadow rocks, then during the rocks, you take a chunk, put a wall behind your opponent, and ruin them through it. Shadow ruin is unbreakable (it counts as a shadow ender), but regular ruin is just a special move link that doesn’t trigger “ender” until the wall crash, which means it’s breakable.

I tried counter breaking the ruin as Aganos, and weird things happen. First, you get the counter breaker sound, but no animation plays… Aganos just punches right on through the wall anyway. But more importantly, no counter breaker plays at all even if the opponent tries to break. What’s more, if and only if Aganos tries to counter break the ruin, all strengths of breaker will successfully break the ruin, no matter the strength Aganos used.

It’s… kind of the opposite of a safe counter breaker. It’s a counter breaker that doesn’t work and also turns all break attempts to successes. So it’s… a fail counter breaker? lol

If you’re playing against a human player and you aren’t able to break literally the 1st frame possible, you will successfully break but then crash through the wall anyway (I’m sure the team knows about this one but it’s probably really hard to fix).

More on this here: Rate YOUR most difficult MUs vs Aganos, in order

Hey, Infil posted about it! That means people will listen and it’ll get addressed quicker!

I haven’t played the game since the patch (though I doubt it’s changed), but there’s more to it: http://forums.ultra-combo.com/t/game-breaking-tech-the-ministry-of-silly-jumps/

I’ve had cases where the counter breaker does trigger, but it’s pretty rare. Also, there was a bug that they fixed where if Omen broke it, the game would glitch out into a broken state. Since they fixed it, I think now if Omen and ONLY Omen breaks it, he doesn’t end up flying through the wall. Either that, or the 1-2 Omens that have broken it in Ranked have great timing.

The same applies for his Peacemaker recapture out of a combo breaker.

Heh, I know you’re a little sad about the lack of Aganos bug fixing, but yeah, I’m sure the team’s working as hard as they can. There are lots of bugs I’ve posted that still haven’t been fixed across multiple characters.

I couldn’t get it to work, but I’m guessing the counter breaker triggers in the same 1 frame window where you can break without getting wall crashed. I didn’t mess around with the characters after triggering the situation in training mode, so I don’t remember if they got wacky jumps or whatever, but yeah, it’s weird.

To be honest, I think fixing this bug is really hard and probably unlikely, especially considering how much grief the safe counter breaker off TJ’s powerline has caused them. I think this problem is similar to that, but even worse/harder to fix.

I’m absolutely new here so if this has been brought up I apologize. I’m just wondering why a character move needs a hitbox this size.

When a Shadow Ruin hits, the announcer will yell “one!” as if they were breaking a Shadow Linker.

Aganos’ Shadow Counter doesn’t work against an armored Glacius because only the first hit will connect.

In an Aganos mirror match, Shadow Natural Disaster doesn’t hit 5 times on block like in every other matchup

If Aganos Shadow Counters ARIA’s knee from a distance that isn’t point blank, it will only hit 4 times for seemingly no reason.

Glacius’ Hail causes hit stun on Aganos between rounds.

You should probably post this in a new thread if you want it to gain any attention. Just about nobody would class this as a bug.