Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

When completing shadow lords, I don’t know how to replicate it since it seems to be entirely random but, more or less mashing A to get through the menu faster, it can sometimes soft lock at the rewards screen. You can press A to continue, window pops up “you’re leaving shadow lords but keeping your rollovers” and when you press A there, it just sits at the reward screen. You can keep making the window pop up but it doesn’t advance. Minor inconvenience on PC since load times are very short but on Console, it takes a long time to restart.

It’s a bug with the youtube app, its been there since the launch of the xbone but it happens so rarely that I guess they still haven’t bothered to fix it.

1 Like

Why Sadira can do Level 1 Launcher Opener/Ender and Counter Break it in the Air?
She goes into the Blade Demon level 1 Launcher Ender straight from a jump in MK… the camera zooms (like enders do) I go to break…it delays a milli second and then gives a counter breaker as she is trying to juggle cancel off the launcher ender.

No auto double…just jump in Lk>Mk, Bladed Demon ender, into jump cancel juggle- counter breaker.

1 Like

I saw the video in your Xbox feed. From the look of it, you got hit with a web first, which acts as an opener, which allowed her to One Chance with the Blade Demon. The part you were trying to break wasn’t the ender itself, it was the Heavy Widows Bite afterwards.
Perhaps the Sadira was capitalizing on the fact that it looked like opener ender and baited you out?

Edit: For clarity’s sake, I found the clip you posted so people could see what’s going down.

Yeah I would definitely say the web was the opener. If I land a projectile with Fulgore and teleport, anything I do off that hit is breakable too.

1 Like

Thats not the only clip…there is another one in that same longer clip were there is no web…its a jump in kick into ender.

Regardless of web or not… its some BS. All these damn juggles and :web as an opener" is quite ridiculous. This game has become way to tech heavy. No way people can memorize all these break / counter break points across the 26 characters.

Salty

Unfortunately, that’s the same situation. In that clip, it wasn’t Jump In>Ender, it was Jump In>Linker>Ender.
http://xboxclips.com/FallofSeraphs76/afa33dab-b160-4f24-8b07-4c8758050e56

Projectiles and Jump Ins both count and openers, so the game reads any attack that would be an opener without the projectile/jump in as a manual, just like how performing a special immediately after a grounded opener allows you to do Opener>Linker to throw off first frame breaks.
This isn’t unique to Sadira, most if not all of the characters across the cast can do this sort of stuff, Omen included.
If you’re not sure about something’s breakability, head into practice mode and set the dummy to Break All on Frame 0.

When did the game start allowing no auto doubles? I know you can opener to linker, but when did it allow no AD after the linker?

Seems like there should be 1 AD or manual.

They changed it a while ago, but landing a jumping attack, into a special, the special is the manual. I’ve been doing that with Fulgore since S1. Just because you can manual an opener doesn’t mean it isn’t breakable. Somewhere in Season 2 I think the official change was made. @developers if you might know the exact patch would be the easiest resolution to this.

1 Like

It’s been like that as long as I can remember. I think it’s in The Dojo, so it’s probably been a thing since Season 1.

It’s a good way to bait out early breakers, or just have more ambiguous low damage chance breaks. It’s also what leads to some good stuff for Mira.

No… I know about Opener into linker…thats not what Im saying. The question is when did it change to were you did not need an auto double or manual between an opener and an ender.
I dont recall it being Opener> Linker> ender. And if it did change there isnt anywhere in the game that teaches you how to do this or how to defend it.

If it was taught in the game then everyone would be doing it. I never see anyone do this…again im not talking about opener into linker to bait out mash breaks. Im talking opener, linker straight to ender and then juggle to bait opener ender breaks.

And earlier you said I was trying to break the juggle…no, you are wrong… I was breaking the ender… the game buffered my break attempt and then relapsed it way after the ender and into the juggle / counter breaker. I did not hit break on that juggle…I broke much sooner and you could feel the delay in the game flow.

Thanks dude… you get what Im trying to say.

But what are you saying here? Im having trouble understanding this part.
“manual and opener?” isnt breakable?

I really want to understand these techniques so I dont get caught again.

I think I understand. This happened to me a few times. I tried to tech Jago’s throw a lot but was slightly late and he hit me. The he canceled into shadow fireball and got locked out. It is a similar situation here right? You tried to break an ender that was unbreakable but you got counter broken at a later time right? Oh and you never needed an auto double in between an opener and ender. You just needed anything breakable after the opener and you can do the ender without it being broken. Opener-Linker-Ender means that the linker is breakable so the ender is unbreakable. Always been like this since S3. In S2,you didn’t even need a breakable hit to do the ender.

1 Like

No no, using an opener, AS the manual. So if I do say, Jump Mk into Heavy blade dash into ender, heavy blade dash is breakable due to the jump mk being the opener > breakable variable strength manual special > ender. It is a true combo, just an awkward one. Same thing can be said for Sadira with her webs. Not every character has this type of thing all the time, but everyone can do it off a jump in. Fulgore, Sadira, Jago, basically anyone with meaty projectiles can do this grounded.

3 combo’s same structure different results as follows.
Grounded Normal > Special > Ender Is an opener ender combo
Arial Normal > Special > Ender Is a true combo and requires a break on the special
Grounded Meaty Projectile > Special > Ender Is a true combo and requires a break on the special

All specials count as openers regardless of what their properties are as long as the followup puts hits on the KV meter.

The main thing to understand is what triggers the game to allow you to break.

If you get hit by any air attack, any special move, or any throw, you can always break the next (non-projectile etc) hit.

That next hit might be a special move from neutral (for example, a jump-in attack followed by raw wind kick; this wind kick is breakable because you were hit with an air attack), it might be a true auto-double or linker, it might be a shadow move that has different timing than the linker version.

While KI is a game full of exceptions, there are no exceptions to this rule that I can remember. (Note: Orchid/Hisako rekkas don’t count as “special moves” until the 3rd hit, which is why you can’t break the 2nd or 3rd hit after the 1st lands)

When you think about the combo system in this way, it’s a lot easier. You don’t have to memorize lists of openers and stuff. Aside from the very few normal move openers like Glacius lance (I think there are maybe 5 or 6 across the cast and they tend to be specific enough to remember), you just ask yourself “have I been hit by a special move or an air attack?” If so, you can break. So Sadira web is a special move, so you can break.

As for opener -> linker -> ender, this has always been possible.

Opener to linker to ender has been in the game since season 1. I remember because I used to do triple axe opener into triple axe linker into triple axe ender into shadow triple axe because it looked funny to see thunder spinning nonstop.

3 Likes

I’m sure I’m not the first person to report this, but I beat Shadow Lords on Challenging on Friday (playing from PC). Got the message astral plane was unlocked. This morning I turned in the game on Xbox and the stage is locked. I haven’t gone back to PC to see if it’s open there.

2 Likes

Correct. I hit break thinking it was open ender and the game had a delay as the ender finished, the juggle came out and then the counter break ensued yet i was milliseconds past the actual physical button press of the breaker command.
Now that I know you dont need an AD, I understand.

I wish the game explained these things since the dojo teaches you that you need to do an AD,. I do not recall it ever teaching you that you can use a linker as the 1 and only breakable point. I feel like the game teaches you to look for opener ender and the sign is no AD.

Now we as daily forum members may say “Well you should know, you are on here every day!” But what about ppl that are not on the forums? how do they learn these techniques and defensive strategies??

Thanks man, I do understand now. I guess the one ting that still confuses me is why it would buffer my break to initialize AFTER the ender and place it into the juggle.

I know mist will say…well maybe you think you hit it sooner? I know I hit it during the ender animation becasue I could feel the delay.

So why wouldn’t it just dismiss that break attempt or give a timing lock out since they couldn’t have input the Counter breaker before the juggle hit.

Could also be rollback who knows. The juggle comes very fast after a low level launch ender. I wouldn’t stress too much over how you got caught. There are too many variables to why that could be. As you said, you don’t want to get caught again. Now you can lab scenarios. :+1:

I rewatched the clip, here is their string.
Heavy whiff > web > another heavy > juggle ender > jump cancel heavy projectile

Counter broke the heavy juggle