Official KI Bug Reporting Thread Season 3

I found a bug with Arbiter/Aria. If you’re playing as Arbiter and you throw a grenade onto Aria, Aria can make the grenade not stick to her. Once it’s attached to her, Aria can pop her instinct and the grenade falls to the ground during her instinct animation.

Edit: Cinder’s fire bombs do the same thing. If they are sticking to Aria and Aria pops her instinct, then the fire bombs detach from Aria.

Intended design. Aria can switch bodies to avoid projectiles.

1 Like

I reinstalled KI on Windows 10 to make sure I had the latest patch, and when I did, I don’t have Shadow Lab as a mode anymore. Everything works fine, and I can do matchmaking, but Shadow Lab doesn’t show up in the main menu

Did you check everywhere?

After Raam patch, Gargos black/red wings have messed colors and I noted that all the feathered shoulders set (don’t know the English name) have a problem at the junction with Gargos body, it can be noticed during walk animation, especially in Aria’s stage after the gates opened, you can see through Gargos body near the junctions.

1 Like

I’ve changed the buttons but it doesn’t only happen to me. Guttermagic, the maciaga 5, chaidez1095, mikeandike and a few others have been experiencing the same thing. Their replays show the buttons firing twice as well. It’s also happened at E3 during exhibitions according to delriach.

Here is a video provided by the maciaga 5, he tries to activate instinct at 75 second mark and gets X2 HP HK https://account.xbox.com/gameclip/c84b4706-d103-4f44-94d5-d105d502c3a5?gamertag=The%20Maciaga%205&scid=5af40b00-965f-4a28-aab5-cf69642bec88

Has anyone had any experience with the game freezing and crashing customizing a character? It’s happened to me twice now.

Also Gargos black and red wing set has washed colors aside from the white tips.

After completing a match against a Shadow (for Bounty points), I saved the Shadow Recording data, but the screen that I’m returned to is the incorrect screen. It shows the options for offline Versus matches. This has occurred once before, after watching a corrupt replay.
Choosing any of the selectable options (Rematch, Select Character, Main Menu) does not do anything. I have to restart the game.

Shadow lab has moved into Single Player.

When landing Thunder’s Shadow command grab shortly after a dropped combo, it will only do 10% damage.

1. Do a combo with Thunder
  2. Drop the combo
  3. Immediately do a shadow command grab after the dropped combo
  4. The damage will only be 10% instead of the intended 20%
    Example:
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MiKe%20N%20iKe%2025/video/18704376 (Shown about half way through)
    http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/MiKe%20N%20iKe%2025/video/18704535 (This shows the same bug after a wall splat reset)

This bug can also occur when shadow command grabbing someone out of an armored move.

1. Have the opponent do an armored move (TJ’s Powerline seems to make this occur the easiest)
  2. Use Thunder’s Shadow command grab when the opponent gets close
  3. The shadow command grab will do 10% damage instead of the intended 20%
    Example:

General RAAM:

• When using the 3PPP macro with General RAAM to perform his Shadow Dominance the game will sometimes instead option select the light version. Seems to happen most often when performed following a successful Kryll Rush. Actually trying this out some more the PPP/KKK macros often don’t trigger the Shadow version of a special move when it’s a special cancel, instead the macro still triggers the regular version. This is on PC with a XB1 Pro controller. The input display properly shows that the macro is working well and all 3 button strengths are pressed on the same frame.

• When playing online vs General RAAM rollback occurred during instinct activation and the opponent’s instinct didn’t pop but the screen darkening effect persisted throughout the match.

• Against certain characters after performing Kryll Rush the opponent will sometimes be out of range of Heavy Dominance.

• When above 100KV on a Hard Knockdown with RAAM, it is not possible to follow-up with MK (as designed) but it is possible to follow up with LK for flipout (ie: HK>Heavy Dominance>MK = 105KV. Cannot follow-up with MK but can follow-up with LK for flipout.

• The damage and hit counter will prematurely end when General Ram kills with Shadow Dominance and Dominance enders.

• When performing a back throw as General RAAM certain characters will be too far for MK/LK follow-ups without significant movement while other characters will be in range without movement.

• Certain characters can low profile General RAAM’s Kryll Rush by crouching. I think they trigger RAAM to go in active when they use moves that alter their hitbox and stay out of range of the throw animation. Not technically a bug but still weird.

• Emergency says the light and medium are lower/upper body invulnerable on start-up respectively, yet he can be stuffed and counter hit by attacks that hit the respective space. (Set RAAM to perform Light Emergence, stuff him with with a low and notice the counter hit.) Note that Heavy Emergence is properly fully invulnerable on start-up and cannot be counter hit.

• Cr.HP can only be comboed into the light version of Decimation, despite the move list description for Decimation saying Medium combos off Heavy Attacks.

• When General RAAM is in the corner and performs a back throw he will still be in the corner.

• Kryll Rush is not throw invulnerable unlike all other command grabs, even forward moving ones like Mira’s Heavy Embrace, Omen’s Demonic Despair, Shadow Jago’s Annihilation or Hisako’s Shadow Influence.

• Shadow Kryll Rush can be Shadow Broken as though it were a Shadow Linker, even when performed raw. I think this occurs with all shadow command grabs but since RAAM leaves the opponent standing during his Shadow Kryll Rush you can actually break the move as opposed to lockout or break the first hit on other Shadow command throws.

• Kryll Rush looses Kryll Armor before going into active. This means things like Kim Wu firing off a Dragon Canon at point blank range against RAAM in Kryll Rush results in Punishment and Kim never being grabbed. This can occur with other well timed projectiles (ie: Omen’s fireballs or Glacius’ fireballs). Regular strikes have the same effect where they hit but don’t go through armor when RAAM is a point blank range.

• Kryll Rush cannot be used as a meaty on weakup (Probably as designed but still makes me sad that he goes in the throw active before the opponent’s hurtboxes appear, instead it seems to go active when the character colliers meet.)

• Shadow Emergence behaves very weirdly. When using it after a special move on juggle it’s not breakable (ie: Anti-Air medium Emergence cancelled into Shadow Emergence), but the Shadow Emergence attack box isn’t considered as a projectile as projectile invulnerable moves don’t go through it. At least it doesn’t cash out damage, but still odd.

Other:

• When playing vs Orchid in Shadow Lab on her stage as General RAAM on PC, Orchid’s tiger was floating in the background throughout the intro and exploded at the start of the match.

• It is only possible to turn on or off Combo Assist when in Ranked online play, it is not possible to customize it.

• From the main menu going to Single Player > Fight > Shadow Lab and backing out will put the user back in the Fight sub-menu but backing out from there brings the user back to the main menu instead of the Single Player menu.

• During online Ranked play my opponent left after the first match during the outro, upon going back to the Ranked menu I restarted the game and when I came back to ranked I was told I had left the match and been credited with a loss despite having actually won the match and not having quit.

RAAM’s L/M/H command grabs are not throw invincible during startup. Is this intentional? Shadow command grab is throw invincible (for its 1 startup frame) and the command list says “throw invulnerable” for all versions of the regular grab. He is throw invulnerable for the 2 active frames (when it doesn’t really matter), but none of the 3 startup frames.

Pretty much every other command grab in the game is throw invulnerable, so just making sure this is intentional. Especially since he becomes throw invincible during the least important part of the throw, and the attack data hints that it maybe shouldn’t be like that, it feels kind of like a bug.

Also, as TheFawz says, light Emergence is actually not lower body invincible at all.

1 Like

So I noticed playing some exhibition last night that Mira wasn’t doing damage to herself. I can post a vid if I need to. But I had to test it mid match. If she was doing damage to herself it wasn’t appearing on screen. Everything was for free.

Some character’s profile icons that appears in the corners of the screen during a match have a visual background issue. There appears to be an oddly shaped black section behind some of them as show in this picture.

If you play in a set and then rematch, the profile icon background will fill up with elements of the game UI as shown in this second picture.

The shape of the black space, as well as the parts of the screen that are visible aren’t always the same, but you will typically see the health bars and the time limit. The following characters appear to have this issue: Omen, Cinder, Aganos, and Gargos.

I haven’t checked online, but I’d imagine it’s the same in an exhibition or killer ranked match where there will be more than one match played before going back to the character select screen.

Steps to recreate: (Omen and Cinder appear to be the easiest to notice this with)

Start a local VS match and have either or both players choose one of the characters listed above.
Pick any stage
Finish the first match, and then rematch
The black space around the above character’s profile icon will have now UI elements within it

The pictures captured are from the Xbox version, but I also tested it on the Windows 10 version and it happens there too.

Mira followup combos tend to blow out prematurely. To replicate:

1. Do a short combo that ends with the Trephine/Exchange Ender
  2. Whilst the opponent is falling, juggle them with crouching medium punch, and cancel it into medium blood seekers
  3. Air dash, then Mist Form so that you can land behind the opponent
  4. Once the blood seekers have connected, press standing hard punch. The 1st hit of this move raises the KV from 30 to 55, and the 2nd hit raises it from 55 to 105.

Shadow Jago supreme ended the match prematurely. I was not dead yet!

Windows 10 - KI version 3.2.32000.1.252870.r

If Aganos cancels the 2nd hit of a cl.HK manual into Payload Assault ender, the ender bugs out and Aganos is punishable. I replicated it on RAAM and Hisako.

Again, Aganos’ ender-building was reduced I think 2 patches ago, though it was never in any patch notes.

Maybe they were using only lights? Her light attacks do not do damage to herself. Check again.

That’s not the supreme victory Ultimate, that’s the Shadow Jago Instinct command grab. It’s Down>Forward>LP+LK and it consumes all of his remaining instinct bar and does proportional damage (At full instinct it’s 48%)