Observation about survey

A Halo Brute would actually be pretty cool to have in KI. Seeing what IG has done with the other guest characters, I have faith that they would do a Brute justice. That being said, SOOOO many people would complain about having yet another “big character” in the game.

And about having an Agent in KI…

The only way an Agent would be OK is if you could make the Agent look HOWEVER you wanted to. The cosmetic options in KI right now wouldn’t be sufficient to do Crackdown any good. You would need a create-a-character mechanic of something, Lol!

All that being said though, the stand out on the list to me is a Djinn.

How the hell could TJ combo, or any of the other KI guys other than Gargos or Eyedol, fight a Djinn? Lol! And if it is a free Djinn, it would NEED to be the top bad guy of S4, that or be a side character who just makes mischief in the lore.

Anyway, depending on how it is done, it could be amazing. Now to quote the movie Aladdin (maybe my favorite line of that movie):

:grinning:

3 Likes

I would love a halo brute in KI I always preferred them to the elites(still love the elites though) as for a crackdown agent I’d be pretty damn disappointed to have one in KI. I don’t know anything about crackdown and when I did play a little bit of it it bored me to sleep.

1 Like

She could even be a rival to Sadira, a long range group of assassins. Spiders vs Snakes, let the rivalry begin.

1 Like

That is a very true statement, you can’t really have a character in the game that’s supposed to be the player’s character. Nobody wants to be the generic Dragonborn from Skyrim or the generic hero from Fable. Those types of characters reflect the player and are boring on purpose, since they were made to be anything you want them to be.

Humm, yeah, now that I think about it, the sole reason why I felt a crackdown agent might be interesting is because he could feel the gunslinger “archtype”.

But then again, we’d have joanna dark for that, so yeah.

No crackdown agent for me, thanks xD

love the idea of the magical archer being a gorgon, btw!

In case any of us missed the post about Adam’s Agent concept:

This is why I approve of Crackdown Agent. If it weren’t for this, I would agree with everyone nay-saying. But this sounds bloody awesome!

The orbs thing might be a bit of a visual fustercluck, but aside from that, I WANT THIS CHARACTER! Though many of us have differing opinions on the guest character topic, I choose to look at it like this:
Has this character existed in a fighting game before? If no, very good, bring’em on! If so… well… I dunno.

I’m not advocating for Smash-levels of guestdom, I just don’t see the harm in a good handful, so long as they bring something new to the table. In my eyes, Rash, Arby and RAAM are guests, but ALSO KI originals. The concepts don’t have to be mutually exclusive. I’m not saying anyone’s opinion is wrong here, just providing my own.

Crackdown is another one of those games I know virtually nothing about (yes, I DO live under a rock!), so bear with me here… What if they were to use an Accessory slot for gender, and use the colors for ethnicity? Could that be an acceptable compromise?

2 Likes

Dude. That Crackdown Agent thing sounds awesome. I’d be down. I remember reading this. Thanks for the refresher! :smiley:

And A quick overview, Crackdown was basically an Open-world game in which you played as a Genetically Engineered Super Soldier, taking out the Criminal Underworld. You could (Eventually collecting orbs with different abilities reperesenting the skill) leap over buildings, blow up cars with a single punch, toss Semi Trucks into people and such. It’s an amazing game to play with friends. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh snap, I gotta play that game. I mostly just play KI, RoA, and a little Overwatch here and there… it’s been a while since I played a “just for fun” kind of game (not implying I don’t game for fun, that’s ridiculous, but you get what I’m saying I hope). I love open-world superhuman shenanigans… think the last game like that I played was Saints Row 4.

On topic: I’m suddenly really really hoping for more guests. I mean, I’ve never been against it, but between @xCrimsonLegendx’s explanation of the Brute and Adam’s breakdown of the Agent… MAAAANNNNN!!! It sucks to get hype about hypotheticals…!

2 Likes

Hopefully if Crackdown 3 ever comes out very soon from Development Hell, I’m DEFINETLY picking up that one. Full Scale Destructible Cities, with SuperPowers?

Yes Please XD

I love guests. People don’t share my opinion, but hey. Someone gave me an Idea of how a character like Kratos could work in KI.

I was like :open_mouth:

2 Likes

They could put in Tartarus from Halo 2 as the brute. The brutes are often seen wielding Gravity Hammers which can send infantry and even vehicles, flying. It’s also capable of sucking in objects (as seen in Halo 2). It can make for a scary grappler or staight up heavy hitting brawler capable of a lot of juggle potential.

1 Like

They could use the slots, but they would need A LOT more options. In crackdown you can make your agent male or female, whatever race, and customize their features and whatever else. Imo crackdown customization is less about the gear, and more about putting YOU in the game.

The problem is, we are dealing with 343 Industries. Remember the needless generacy begating our friend Arbiter. It wouldn’t be Tartarus, just like Arbiter isn’t Thel Vadamm, it would be a generic brute, which dose not seam to me like it brings anything special to KI, except maybe the gravity hammer.

How the character plays is far more important than their character.

The Arbiter is one of the most popular characters right now, despite not being “The arbiter” from any specific Halo title or novel. Though we all know that he’s supposed to be Thel, they just used that as an excuse because they weren’t able to get the proper voice actor back. If they brought back Tartarus in KI it wouldn’t matter who did the voice work, or who he was in the universe because just like the Arbiter he’s a non-canon guest. As long as he looks like Tartarus and has a fun and interesting moveset, that’s all that matters.

I mean none of the guests “bring anything” to KI other than their unique look and a fun moveset, so by that logic they don’t bring anything to KI either do they? Plus it doesn’t have to be Tartarus, there are other Brutes in the Halo series worth noting. Hell they could even use the new Brute Atriox from the upcoming Halo Wars 2. The game is going to be big and it makes sense to advertise it in KI, plus they could actually get the correct voice actor this time.

If I recall, the chieftain’s wield the hammers

Have you ever played Dead or Alive 4, where they created a generic Spartan because 343 is so controlling over their lore that they wouldn’t actually let them use Master Chief, because the lore wouldn’t allow it. The same thing happened with Arbiter in KI, the voice actor was just a side effect. A Halo Brute would just be a generic Brute because 343 cares WAY TOO MUCH about their own lore, even if the guest appearance is non-cannon to BOTH GAMES. Sorry if it seams like I am angry, this just gets me very fired up.

Well yeah, you’re totally right the canon fodder have lesser weapons but usually the higher ranking brutes and chieftains are the ones with hammers. In this case though I’m sure they would take the iconic weapon from their species and use it regardless of rank. xP

[quote=“CausingThought6, post:26, topic:13715, full:true”]
Have you ever played Dead or Alive 4, where they created a generic Spartan because 343 is so controlling over their lore that they wouldn’t actually let them use Master Chief, because the lore wouldn’t allow it. The same thing happened with Arbiter in KI, the voice actor was just a side effect. A Halo Brute would just be a generic Brute because 343 cares WAY TOO MUCH about their own lore, even if the guest appearance is non-cannon to BOTH GAMES. Sorry if it seams like I am angry, this just gets me very fired up.
[/quote]I think you’re gravely mistaken.

Bungie was the company that made the deal with Team Ninja to put Hayabusa armor in Halo and a Spartan in Dead or Alive. Get your facts straight, you’re blaming 343 for something that happened BEFORE THEY EVEN EXISTED.

Edit: As for the Arbiter, the only character to wear that armor in-game is Thel and his pre-match intro dialogue is clearly referencing Thel’s accomplishments having silenced the prophet of Truth with his own sword. Its pretty obvious who he’s supposed to be, regardless of what the non existing canon says.

3 Likes

Imagine Atriox having a retro costume that resembles Tartarus.

2 Likes

Now that’s a fantastic idea.

1 Like

Okay, I went and checked. You are right about that, and I apologize, but the reasons given by both 343 and bungie for not having Master Chief in Dead or Alive 4, and Thel Vadaam in Killer Instinct are the same as what I have stated here.

“Initially, team Ninja wanted, and asked very politely, for Master Chief. Well, we balked at that. Master Chief is busy, fictionally speaking. We left him at the end of Halo 2, involved in a very large scale galactic conflict with world-ending repercussions. Fictionally speaking, he just wasn’t available for fisticuffs. But we loved the idea of seeing a Spartan fight, unarmed. You have to figure they’d be pretty serious pugilistic contenders right? Half ton of bio-mechanically enhanced armor-clad uber-trained soldiering nightmare? Has to have at least a decent right hook. So we created Spartan 458 – Nicole. And she’s quite a lady. If you define “lady” as ferociously violent killing machine.” http://halo.bungie.net/news/content.aspx?type=topnews&cid=7349

“But in Killer Instinct, we wanted to create multiple visual variations of the combatant archetype in the classic fighting game style, and so we leaned heavily on the ‘Hall of the Arbiters’ concept from the
games, where we see armors and costumes from historical Arbiters in a kind of mausoleum. So our KI Arbiter is in some ways an amalgam of Arbiters past, as well as more modern Sangheili warriors. And further, like Spartan Nicole-458 from Dead or Alive 4, it helped to insert a subtle canonical buffer between
their game and ours, so that players aren’t scratching their heads when the Covenant’s historical champion is fighting a Battletoad in Chicago…” https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/news/canon-fodder-fighting-words