Now that SFV is out

Erm… I was talking specifically about technical issues online. They are not of the “bad netcode” variety, as far as I can tell.

Also hi there o/

Arguably the greatest Season 3 “waiting for news, anything” comment I have ever seen.

2 Likes

I think they should release a trailer featuring the “connecting to servers” screen from SFV, cut to scene of Kim Wu fighting - back to SFV connecting to server - Arbiter in game fighting - cut to SFV “unable to join server” - cut to Rash’s taunt (the long version) then just throw up the KI logo they used at the end of the Arbiter tease. Optional points for any tag line featuring a play on awaiting greatness.

4 Likes

I know you’re not entirely serious, but such aggressive black PR campaign was one of the reasons some of the more dedicated people from LoL and DotA communities still don’t get along very well, and it’s been more than six years ago.

I do think that enmity within FGC is the last thing we want, especially considering recent developments in FG-related video game business.

Besides, early KI had very similar problems AFAIK.

1 Like

Yes, it was a joke. Playing more than a bit off of Sony’s early marketing for the PS4. You have to admit it would be a great video.

Second, I don’t think it’s possible to foment additional enmity amongst the FGC. Even people playing the same game only seem to want to fight with each other (no pun intended).

Finally, early KI had very different problems. The online actually worked fantastically well right out of the box (proverbial) and there was no issue that I can recall with getting on the servers. Of course, every once in a while it would simply stop working entirely and you had to reinstall the entire 2 GB download… But who remembers that?

1 Like

I think reason people seem annoyed (I’m still waiting for my PS4 copy - amazon appears to have some delays in shipping :frowning: )

• full price (regular price in canada is $70…i got it for $60 due to an E3 deal (more games you order, higher the discount gets)
  • large game studio (basically SF V has a smaller scale of the complaints Blizzard got for Diablo 3 - espec considering Bliz knew D3 would sell > 20 mill copies, etc)
  • more dev time than some smaller scale fighting games (including KI)
  • long beta period

Regards,

Sanjay

1 Like

I know that the game is technically unfinished, but that’s probably going to help make the long term journey fun. Being able to watch a game grow over the years (like KI) is a wonderful experience and I think SFV is off to a decent start. I will admit that the full price is a bit off putting, but there aren’t too many other physical retail options for the plan Capcom has in mind.

It’s thps5 all over again… (Robomodo should be put out of commission)

Just another shining example of why KI is the true king of fighters. Up yours SF! LOL!

Probably shouldn’t be celebrating yet since we don’t know how KI will do on PC launch day yet. The extra amount of players might cause problems.

we can be worried for PC version only. And I think they will be fine. Those guys proved a lot already.

KI was launched very good. almost perfect. There were some issues with de-syncing online. But fixed pretty fast. Aside of that online was perfect, and stays the best nowadays.
Also talking about smaller scale. actually it’s only applicable for price. Capcom charges 60 usd for an unfinished product. KI was 20 for a pretty good start. The fighting itself is as deep as SF. Ki’s even more ‘yomi’ on lots of levels, I would say.

Its working fine now. So…yeah. Lol.

It is decidedly not working fine now. I’ve been kicked off three times already this morning and when I’m in it’s unable to record the results of my ranked match.

So while I agree that the post you’re responding to is juvenile, let’s not pretend.

The Ki community in a nutshell XD

3 Likes

Not pretending. Its working for me. If its not for then to bad.

Im pretty bad at this. Guess ki didnt prepare me the way i wanted

Some are, but the same can be said about all communities.

1 Like

There are a lot of transferable skills that you could bring over from KI. But it is a VERY different style of fighting game. It’s much more defense and punish oriented. It doesn’t have anything like the offensive pressure that most of the cast in KI is capable of.