No mercy\ultimate, after Shadow Jago

That and the fact that we have Shagos ultimate proves that they’re just too lazy to figure it out. The community has given them workaround after workaround to do and they still insist on “it’s not possible to do it that way”

Because cinematic camera angle control is tied to stage data for right now. While the ultimate is still much like an ultra combo in the basic terms, achieving the cinematic style you see within the shadow jago ultimate relies on camera controls tied to the stage, hence why shadow jago’s ultimate is only able to be executed on his stage.

This would mean for every character’s ultimate move, the execution of the move would have to be tied to the stage’s data, rather than the character’s, which is inefficient. Every new character who would be created would force the stage data size to increase. In order to make the ultimates efficient and workable would be to tie all cinematic data to the character rather than to force each individual stage’s data to grow in size every time a new character is released.

Basically, they could put in the time to try and develop a new system to detach camera controls from the stages and make it it’s own system, or any number of fixes, but they would most likely entail reworking some of the engine at a fundamental level, and that kind of work could create more problems than it solves, or at the very least, eat up more time and resources than it may be worth. But it needs to be done right, and not rushed or jury rigged, or else it could cause game breaking effects. Since, however, this isn’t a triple A budget game, IG can only work the problems so fast while trying to:

Develop a PC port
Create season 3 characters and content
Finish development on the already promised Shadow Jago move set
Continue to balance, polish and refine the already existing product
Finish tuning the final season 2 characters for shadow lab implementation

With all those problems sitting on the table, something has to go on the back burner for a while so the main issues can get taken care of.

I do have faith in IG though to carry the momentum of season 2 onward and do so with the best interests of the original franchise source material being considered.

This is pretty much where I am as well.

Ultimates are important, and they have been at the top of the “must do” list since BEFORE the game was released in season 1. Here we are now on the cusp of Season 3, and all we are getting are excuses. It isn’t cool.

I honestly don’t care about the logistics, they just need to be implemented.

1 Like

I’d totally be fine if no Ultimates were implemented. As long as we get Season 3. I’ve already saved money to pre-order it. LOL

Still an Ultra not much more than that. There’s nothing here that will distinguish Ultras from Ultimates. I want the game to acknowledge when I’ve done something other than Ultras. Unless the announcer is saying ULTIMATE there is not much variety outside occasional stage-Ultras.

I certainly have. I said if we can’t get Ultimates like Shagos then I’d be as happy if the ultimate cinematography was more like the classic KI games. Or doesn’t go quite the cinimatic route as Shagos.

same here.

Nobody is saying they have to be crazy, cinematic finishers with crazy camera angles. I don’t think I’ve seen a single person request that.

And I understand why Shadow Jago’s ‘current’ ultimate is tied to his stage. However, tying a specific move/animation to a stage is a ludicrous way of doing things. If ultimates ever get added, Shadow Jago should just get a new one without the camera angles that can work on all stages.

Like I said, treat ultimates like ultras. A combo ender with the same requirements as an ultra. But keep them simple. Combo breaks his opponent’s neck, Fulgore fries his opponent with his lasers, Glacius freezes his opponent, etc. Nothing that would require crazy, cinematic angles.

Why is this so hard? The system IS already there for finishing moves (ultras). Just invoke an ultimate instead.

There are also probably a few factors still unmentioned why it doesn’t work outside the Shadow tiger’s liar stage, but yes that’s the main reason IG has stated. It is inefficient, but that’s the system as they inherited it from Iron Galaxy.

However, without the camera angles, it would probably become as bland and forgettable as an ultra that’s been done thousands of times. It wouldn’t be near as memorable, and would probably look like a rushed mess. Give them time to let them do it right.

As I said, just design a new ultimate for him.

Why? The one he has is really good. I don’t see the point. Making a new one that’s rushed and horrible to look at just to say he has one seems like a much worse idea.

Why do you keep assuming it would be rushed or look rushed?

Why do they even show the stage during an ultimate? If it’s really that big of a deal, then just use the Shadow energy to cover the background, and have the ultimate be the true manifestation of the Shadow infection coming from Gargos. Have the energy flow out from the winner and cover the full screen.

I’ll just leave this here… Cough Cough

1 Like

I can agree on this one this is what I was saying. If they can’t achieve the cinematic zaniness as Shadow-Jago’s Ultimate than a less cinematic approach is fine with me. At least on the same level as enders.

You know Shago’s win pose? Do something like that with other characters. Activate and the HUD gets removed and the winner does some ultimate stuff and knocks the opponent down. Then make an ultimate win pose like Shago.

That’s an interesting idea. I hope someone in IG is looking at this.

Lmao i doubt it

Was that really worth the seven month necro?

1 Like