No Fighters available on PC in offline-mode

the same with Gears4. So its a strategy and i dont wonder, why developers dont answer here.

supposedly you can authorize your system now to allow it to run games with restricted licences in offline mode. open your windows store and go to settings by clicking on your user icon. there should be an option called “offline authorization” or something like that, enable it. you should run the corresponding game at least once online and then it should also work without an internet connection. I can’t test it though since I have no content for the game, I’m still waiting for the PC release of the DE.

Thank you for your posting, but no, there isnt no such option like “offline authorization” on my windows store by clicking on the user-icon.

Sorry, i was wrong, there is such option, but its hard to find. I download KI again and will post it here, if it is successful. Thank you very much.
Harald

no problem, looking forward to your report.

Ive tested it and it wont work. Ive started it online and ervery fighter is there. Then ive closed the game, cut my internet and start KI again. As always, only one fighter (the gratis one) is available. Im so bored and sick of this.
Online:

Offline:

Ive erased KI again (goodby 30 GB off dead always online-data)

Anyway thank you for your support
Harald

Did the new acct work for you to play offline on PC with all the characters? If so, I might do that as well.

Hallo, what do you mean by “the new acct”? (Sorry, i am german).

No worries. “acct” = shorthand for “account” I was just checking to see if you got a new or different account. Maybe they’ll finally give us a yay or nay on how to play offline.

Having the same issues with only riptor working offline. On a side note gears 4 does not work offline but recore does for me. Play anywhere
what a joke

Same problem

Wait, you can’t play KI offline in XOne?? =O

As the title of “my” thread says, the issue is on the PC-version. You can KI play offline on XBOX ONE. But on PC KI offline is worthless junkdata.

No solution for this and no interest and answers from the developers.

1 Like

A friend was going to make a friendly tournament for newcomers in an anime expo. He invinted me do people would be able to play against me (most players go for SF, MK, Narutos, etc) and get to know the game. Sadly because of the offline pc issue and the fact we couldn’t connect to the wi fi there we couldn’t play KI =(
I asked about this too, no answer so far. Would love this to be solved.

There wont be an official “solution” for this. I abandond KI because of this. Ive got an email, every time another answer ist posted on “my thread”. Thats the reason, why im answering you. Always Online is a pest !!! I dont want to support this. Shame on MS/IG for this methods.

Fixed it for you. IG doesn’t make Microsoft’s policies. They just make game code for a game they got a contract for.

Agree :wink: Thx for correcttion. Maybe (!) your right, that IG isnt to blame.

So the way to play KI offline is to get a wifi connection first and then go offline? I’m flying out of town in a couple of weeks and would like to at least work on some stuff in the dojo while I’m in the air.

So far, yes, this is the only way I others have succesfully played KI offline. Tournaments also do this to get the characters on the machine then cutoff wifi to make sure nothing internet related will cause issues during offline gameplay.

For PC, if there’s no wifi to connect to, then I use a tethering mobile app.

Why do you keep stating that this is some kind of feature that was purposefully implemented into the game? I can play the game with everything available that I have just fine offline on PC. Why would I be able to do so if it was something that was planned to not be there? I do not like when you spout that its a completely intentional built in feature that they made to restrict its PC users to only be able to play online only. That is straight conspiracy theory bs and its not true. If it is, then Im one lucky sob.

There have been plausible reasons why this online only functionality is happening. Im going to assume that everyone that is having troubles with the offline abilities have bought the game/characters either through xbox marketplace on an xbox console or from the marketplace on xbox.com. This would mean that its strictly due to the xbox pc certificate where essentially there is some kind of fault in the crossbuy mechanics. IF not then that would be very surprising to me.