News: Patch and Omen's colors

Mind if I start a thread on this?

go for it, palster

Im having trouble figuring out some of the abbreviations.

RASH S tier?

S: Aria, Mira, Omen, Rash
S-: Jago, Sabrewulf, Glacius, Thunder, Orchid, Fulgore, Maya, Riptor, Aganos, Hisako, Cinder, Kim-Wu, Tusk, Eyedol, Kilgore
A: Spinal, TJ, Raam, Arbiter, Gargos
A-: Sadira, Shago, Kan-Ra
??: Shin Hisako, Eagle

Yes, Rash S tier. I agree on that

1 Like

Don’t play with my emotions please lol.:upside_down_face::upside_down_face:

1 Like

Yeah I think he’s always been a top 5 contender and recently with Jago/Fulgore adjustments, he has clearly shown he is among the best in the game. Anyway, to avoid derailing further I’ll stop commenting on tiers in here, if someone wants to discuss more they are welcome to make another thread and tag me there.

2 Likes

anybody got footage or anything of the new colors? surprised we didn’t get a proper intro or maybe a text file explaining why they went with the colors they went with or… really anything. We got a tweet and that thumbnail that’s been floating around for half a year.

iono, just wanna see em in action and i dont have access to my xbox atm =/

From 11:30am - 1pm central they still were not on my Xbox and I restarted 3 times.

1 Like

ohhh that makes sense. feel like i would have seen them in the facebook groups at least by now

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is an issue or not but when I go into the in game store the pack does not show up, will it be released later or is it a problem on my end?

1 Like

Likewise

1 Like

Yup still no Omen colors… le sigh.

CODE OMEN! I REPEAT! CODE OMEN! THE COLORS ARE NOW LIVE THE COLORS ARE NOW LIVE! Lol

5 Likes

I’m sad to note they choose the easy/lazy way for Omen colors…normal colors has a cool contrast due to the body principal (traslucid) color and the pulsing blue of heart and veins.
This pack seems a rgb-slide variation from the mimic/shadow skins without the smoke which does not valorize the work that had been done on the structure inside the body.

Are we really complaining that they didn’t color the clear guy hard enough now?? :roll_eyes::unamused:

I think the Shadow color/ Black looks great!
The Red is cool…
The Yellow/green is horrible…it doesn’t go with any of the accessories. ( Which a lot of colors/gear do not match across the cast…like who picks these things? Whomever it is does not do a great job of matching the sets.)

They really should have let us fans pick the 3 colors.

I would have went with…
Black and White -Shadow
Purple and Black ( Like on Thunders stage during the “Danger” Ultra Dynamic music change)
Black and Dark Green ( This one was tough…I couldn’t really think of any colors Omen doesnt have)

And add his Pre-release WOOD grain Default mask as a bonus accessory so the colors match better with the mask instead of the BLUE mask sticking out like a sore thumb. That’s why I NEVER use the Default mask unless its color #1)

I am happy for you. You finally got your extra colors :slight_smile:

1 Like

Well, uhm, I bought them and now I posted my opinion, that’s all, with a little extra effort they would have been perfect.
I’m also fine with those who consider them perfectly done already. Glad for you, mate.

Opinions are fine, but what you said here would have been much better to say than:

I’m sad to note they choose the easy/lazy way for Omen colors

I personally think they could have done some cooler stuff with Omen as well. But it’s a matter of taste on what colors appeal to who, and it’s certainly no reason to call anyone lazy over it.

It’s not a case I added “sad to note” and the term “choose”.
It’s not they are not able to do an awesome work…I know KI is full of masterpieces character design wise.
In this particular case, when you must decide between:

• create alternative colors keeping the internal blue pulsing structure an balance that with the external body traslucid color
  • turn everything to the same color
    and you choose the second…well…English is not my language, so how couldI say…easy, convenient, fast, lazy.
    Seeing the result, seems strange to me to think somebody decided for that alternative cause it looks cooler and not because it’s faster to do, imho.
    Not trying to start an argument, just saying it could have been done more “coherently” (?) with the original model, imho.
    Something like what they did with Cinder (orange flames with green/purple mimic/shadow skins or the so cool 10th color) also imho.
    Peace.