New Teaser Trailer for "Godzilla x Kong: The New Empire"

1 Like

The new character is based on an Orangutan with the arms.

My guess people are saying he is the Next antagonist.

Makes ya wonder if we will see more monsters

1 Like

It looks really interesting honestly. I’m just very slightly disappointed that we apparently aren’t going to get more of Toho’s og kaijus (I was kind of looking forward to Space Godzilla or Gigan as an antagonist) but I’m totally cool with our new ocean-eyed orange boy here.
They did a good job implying just how terrifying this kaiju-slayer monke is, which makes me wonder what his backstory will be.
A former alpha or perhaps an ambitious kaiju who doesn’t accept Godzilla’s new reign. An exciting premise, in any case.

Oh so he isn’t Legendary’s original kaiju?

2 Likes

Space Godzilla would have been awesome imo; even though his debut movie wasn’t great, I’ve always thought the character has enormous potential imo, especially considering his psychic abilities.

Interesting. I can’t say that there ever has been an Orangutan-based kaiju. At least, one that I recall. I just hope that the movie itself is good, if not great.

2 Likes

I always look forward to returning classics as well as new monsters.

2 Likes

Exactly and imo he would fit well into the Monsterverse since Ghidorah’s literally an alien so Space G could be related to them somehow.

:crossed_fingers:t2:

Indeed. I just hope it doesn’t go this route:

First time I watched this, I was howling with laughter. XD

Theres a reason why it would not work. Thats why it did not show up.
As this would tell you

1 Like

Anyone get the feeling that SpaceGodzilla might appear in this due to the presence of crystals?

1 Like

As much as I love spacegodzilla (he’s one of my favorites) We probably would’ve known about him by now.

I think the bad guys are all new monsters,

1 Like

Probably. I couldn’t help wonder for a moment since the trailer showed a Godzilla encased in what looked clearly like crystal.

Probably. Think this will be any good?

Just saw the official trailer. Godzilla’s evolved form makes him look like his Space version.

Indeed. Also kind of getting “Godzilla 2000” vibes from the design as well since that crystalline dorsal plates, with slight hints of “Shin Godzilla” given the purple beam and glow.

1 Like

There’s already memes o the Godzilla and Kong run.

I can imagine. Do you think this will be any good?

we’d have to wait and see

But Monsterverse films never disappointed me so, I can though I cant say I’m a fan of the whole pink or Magenta glow on Godzilla but that wnt make or break the film for me.

But me and my bro do think its a weird choice/

Same here. It is a bit of a head-scratcher. Part of me thinks the crystals and the pink are supposed to allude to SpaceGodzilla after this new monster is dealt with, but I’m not too sure. I just hope that the movie isn’t c rap.

Here’s one theory

1 Like

At the very end of the trailer it appears that both Godzilla and Kong are now going to work together AND alongside each other this time for the new film sequel :+1: BTW is Kong now wearing some sort of weaponized mechanical arm brace by any chance? :confused:

It kind of looks like it. I heard rumors that it’s some sort of brace, which is kind of an interesting idea imo. By the same token, though, it kind of feels off considering kaiju are supposed to have regenerational properties, although I suppose an argument could be made that Kong is on the lower end of the totem pole when it comes to special abilities.

1 Like