NEW Devil May Cry series on Netflix

The creators of the Netflix adaptation of Castlevania 3 Dracula’s curse is gonna work on A DEVIL MAY CRY series! How do you all feel about that?

I haven’t watched Castlevania yet. Plan to this week. But it is an anime, and I tend not to like those.

It’s only an anime in the sense that the art style is similar to anime, seeing as its based of a Japanese game that has used the anime artsy le before on the game. Even with the art style being similar, anime art can vary drastically from one to another.

And it’s thatvart style that I tend not to like. It just doesn’t speak to me and they’re all so similar it puts me off. I’m also not a fan of the typical anime tropes, but I have no way of knowing if it has them or not sense it’s an American production from what I can tell. Plus dubing is typically horrendous (despite often having great talent, looking at you Yuri Lowenthall) and I just can’t watch a show in another language with subtitles. It’s too distracting.

Are Castlevania and Devil May Cry likely to have these problems, probably no. But I’m still weary.

Cool, very cool. Great and awesome too. Neato as well :slight_smile: :grin: :+1:

Hmmm… I’m not sure what DMC has to offer outside of its gameplay. What the anime going to focus, narrative wise ?

Just like the writers added, and changed things in Castlevania they might do that with DMC. However devil may cry has developed a decent story over the years, with Mundus, Vergil, sparda, Lucia, etc. Also there was a manga for DMC so they have a story. Besides there was a actual anime of DMC that faired pretty good with a story.

I’ve never watched that anime or played that game…