Net Neutrality (It's important folks)

you mean (un)informed.

1 Like

Well, if you want to put on a blindfold and just let this happen, thatā€™s up to you. Making fun of people who are fighting for a cause to avoid a potential worse future just says more about you than them.

1 Like

DUDE! I WONā€™T BE ABLE TO ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  AFFORD TWITTER OR DISCORD NOW! :frowning:

Fortunately my state suing the FCCā€¦

Also if 83% of the country doesnā€™t like this ā– ā– ā– ā–  itā€™s probably pretty bad.

1 Like

Imo saying nothing bad is going to happen is just as bad as expecting the worst to happen. We donā€™t know what will happen, anything could happen.

2 Likes

no blindfold here. i question everything, includin your videos and why you even care

Because this is something that could spread like wildfire to other parts of the world who have been enjoying Net Neutrality. Luckily, I live in a rather small country, so we donā€™t have the same issues as the US when it comes to providers being spread thin. We also have a good handful of different providers to choose from, all with good and stable connections. And Iā€™d like to think that my countryā€™s government is smart enough not to try this stuff here, but you never knowā€¦ we have a few pretty ridiculous laws here that weā€™re fighting with atm. Donā€™t need this ridiculous stuff as well, but sadly, things that happen in the US have a tendency to affect the rest of the worldā€¦

Trying to avoid getting too political, so letā€™s leave it at that.

no point in worrying about an uncertain future. if it happens, just watch the fireworks when you have millions of pissed off customers in the US.

2 Likes

I see nothing wrong in hoping and fighting for a future where you can avoid unnecessary distress and anger.

1 Like

What the ā– ā– ā– ā–  are you talking about? First of all, does anyone use Twitter on any device other than their phone? Second, why on earth would any ISP start charging you extra to use a low bandwidth social media service for which they have no competing product?

This is what Iā€™m talking about. People are hysterical. Use your ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  heads people.

@anon39655210 You can keep posting completely biased and unreliable propaganda all you want but that doesnā€™t change any of the facts around the case. Within the first five minutes one idiot in that video gets the definition of net neutrality wrong, the second idiot makes an absurd claim that ISPs are going to charge for a premium service to upload Facebook photos (which would make no sense for any of them - no matter how greedy and evil you think they are but is exactly the kind of idiotic propaganda that has people like @MandrillManiac all revved up) and the third advocates murder of elected officials.

You keep telling people to ā€œget informedā€ on this issue and you have provided nothing but absolute ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  in response to any sort of logic.

Bad things may come out of the net neutrality repeal. But if they do itā€™s going to involve high bandwidth streaming services that compete with the entertainment services offered by the other businesses that ISPs run. Not charging a premium to upload photos to Facebook, or to access twitter. FFS people why is everyone losing their mind?

7 Likes

because of the boogeyman theyve conjured up @BigBadAndy lol

1 Like

I am not gonna explain andyā€¦ Itā€™s a been a bad BAD Dayā€¦

You have no idea how this affects me, my friends or my life as a small content creator.

Soā€¦ please just let meā€¦ dieā€¦ I am not gonna ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  go on tomorrow if this is gonna be a thingā€¦

Maybe you do have a clueā€¦ but I will not be around to hear about I supposeā€¦

People who donā€™t feel affected by these things usually have a tendency to just wave it off, but youā€™re taking this a bit too far. Thereā€™s no need to threaten with suicide because of this, whether youā€™re kidding or being serious.

Dudeā€¦ Itā€™s a bad dayā€¦ weeksā€¦ I dunno even knowā€¦ Iā€™m sorryā€¦

I got carried awayā€¦

I losing hope in this country and I want outā€¦

All this fear mongering and hate is just really depressingā€¦

Dudeā€¦I know Iā€™m not really in the conversation rn but I hope your day gets better. Never take it that far man. It affects everyone. I wish you a good one. If you ever need a talk hit me up.

Everything will be fine, I was scared for my family in recent times but things have worked out better, I wonā€™t go to much detail but everything will turn out better then you expected. Today shouldnā€™t be a major change in how we live.

1 Like

I think I need a break from the forumsā€¦ but thanks for the offerā€¦

1 Like

Again, not trying to be too political hereā€¦ but I have friends who felt exactly like this at the election, who were been harmed because of the results. Keep fighting! Donā€™t lose hope!

3 Likes

By the way - itā€™s not ā€œtrying this stuffā€ to NOT regulate a business. Itā€™s not written into the constitution of the USA or of Denmark that ISPs canā€™t filter content.

As an aside - because all of you conspiracy theorists hate ISPs so much, Iā€™m curious how you think you could get access to the internet without ISPs. Iā€™m also curious who it is that you think is pouring a ā– ā– ā– ā–  ton of money into the campaing for net neutrality. Netflix for sure. But Google - who currently controls your access to content on the internet - is also pouring loads of money into this. Why? Because they are currently making billions of dollars by controlling your access to the internet and selling ads to companies that they run in front of content that other people give them for free because they have an effective monopoly on internet videos. Donā€™t think so? Ask YouTube content creators how much fun Google is to work with right now. Similarly, you have Twitch, owned by Amazon - the internet store that completely controls my access to goods and services at this point and has functionally no competition.

The idea that the ā€œnet neutralityā€ crusade is being waged by the forces of good to combat the forces of corporate greed is nonsense. Itā€™s being waged by greedy corporations who donā€™t want to give up their control, power and money toā€¦ OTHER greedy corporations.

At the heart of this is the weird millenial notion that services would all be free and awesome if it wasnā€™t for evil corporations getting in the way of our access. But if no one wants to pay for internet infrastructure, thereā€™s no way any of us are streaming 4k video to four simultaneous devices in every house in the USA. Someone is going to have to pay - either the ISPs or the Streaming services. BOTH of them will get that money from YOU the customer. And you are already paying. So the idea that somehow NET Neutrality is truth justice freedom, coupled with speedy cheap internet is just fantasy.

4 Likes

Dang dudeā€¦ You donā€™t owe me an explanation. I probably should have tempered my response a little bit. Itā€™s easy to watch the news and think things are worse than they are. Donā€™t let it get you down.

1 Like

whatever youre going through, i hope it passes. dont give up man, just keep movin forward and youll be stronger for it

1 Like

would also like to mention george soros threw money into net neutrality. that piece of sh!!t is always bad news. if he is for net neutrality, believe me when i say hes interested for a reason