Mortal Kombat XL

Why did you ban him? what did he do?
@KevBones10
Want to go a few rounds?

Not sure why I forgot to post this here, but I did some photoshopping on Jadeā€™s render to correct her skin and eye colour:

3 Likes

You? Cool! I like this Jadeā€™s render, itā€™s amazing! :slight_smile:

Itā€™s an official render, I just did some photoshopping on it.
I really like this Jade though, her outfit is awesome. I justā€¦ canā€™t forgive NRS for whitewashing her. :confused:

I knowā€¦ :sob:

2 Likes

Hold on, I thought Jade ALWAYS HAS a dark complexion, WAS ALWAYS dark-skinned in the MK series, is she not? :confused:

1 Like

Yup. But in MK9, they made her official render pale, luckily she was dark-skinned in game. But now in the MKX mobile game, she is pale both in her render AND in-game.

I hope it is just a really bad oversight from NRS and not something they are going to make permanent.

1 Like

So now that the partyā€™s pretty much over I managed to show up and look the place over. There was a Steam sale so I finally snagged MKXL for $16.
Iā€™m liking it a lot more than I thought. Itā€™s kinda giving me a MK2 vibe in the sense that when I first saw images of fatalities in magizines & such as a kid I was kinda grossed out, but after buying and playing the crap out of the game I was desensitized to itā€¦Iā€™m kinda getting the same way with MKXā€¦Honestly I did the same with 9 as well.

So far, and I havenā€™t gotten far yet, it seems like to me all the basic combos Iā€™ve pulled off kinda follow a dance pattern (1,2,3,Specialā€¦1,2,3 Special).

1 Like

Yes I feel they expanded mobility and combo customization with ij2

I had a huge problem with combos in mkx but it was so pretty to look at & the interesting modified ladders were amazing

I gotta be honest Iā€™m glad NRS is keeping the traditional ladder/towers a thing when so many other FGs such as SFV (and KI to a lesser extent) seem to be abandoning it. Theyā€™re my bread & butter. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lads mkx had its run , mk 9 had its run. Time to move on

Dude, I literally just got MKX earlier this week. Never played it before. If you donā€™t want to have any more to do with it thatā€™s fine. But itā€™s all still new to me.

2 Likes

Im just saying the games dead thats all

I loved MKX, enjoy it manā€¦and if you want to play a set this weekend hit me up. the game isnt dead yet. there are still a ton of ppl playing it.

I personally like the invasion challenges and daily challenges. Plus the living towers that change daily and weekly.
the Brutalities are the coolest part of the game IMOā€¦ like really awesome Ultimateā€™s!

Thatā€™s okā€¦Iā€™m actually planning on mostly just sticking to offline. As fun as it is Iā€™m likely just going to go through the offline modes a few times, unlock everything in the krypt, and then move onā€¦like I have with pretty much every other MK game afterā€¦they started the krypt on 5, right?

I do like that the Brutalities now arenā€™t like dialing a 9-digit number in like they were in MK3. The only thing brutal about those was trying to remember the button press order to execute one of them.

I know right? those old brutalities were stupid hard.

There are a ton of secret brutalities in MKX that are not listed. Have fun trying new ways of specials moves and back ground weapons to create new brutalities.

Try throwing the lady standing by the sleeping tiger monster at the end of a life bar and hold down LOL

2 Likes

Wasnā€™t sure whether or not to make a new thread about this, but itā€™s MK related, so here goesā€¦

Iā€™m a fan of this guyā€™s works and I just wanted to share it with you guys.

If youā€™re a fan of Kitana and Mortal Kombat, I definitely recommend watching Luiz Mictianā€™s fan comics about several events Kitana has been placed in over the course of the games. Itā€™s his own take on the stories, and I love how he tells the stories and his artwork is just beautiful, imo.

So far thereā€™s four comics, and he just released the latest one here:

His others can be seen here:

Firstā€¦

Secondā€¦

Thirdā€¦

Enjoy. ^^

2 Likes

Hey guys, sorry for the post but Iā€™ve been wondering about this game.

I sold it shortly after release due to my nostalgia fanboy for the old Liu Kang. They did his story dirty since MK9 (Iā€™d say Deadly Alliance but thatā€™s a different story on my part).

What I want to ask is: is this game still worth getting? Has online changed at all? Is it still very active? I donā€™t want to make the same mistake with this like I did with BB Central Fiction on Steam, where no one is playing online.

Thereā€™s still activity online, but itā€™s not all that much as most of the NRS fandom has moved on to Injustice 2.

2 Likes

Thatā€™s a shame. At least people are still playing it though. Iā€™ll have to pick it up soon!

Thanks for the heads up!

1 Like