Mortal Kombat 25 Anniversary

One of the best fighting game franchises celebrates their 25th anniversary this year.

Enjoy. ^^

7 Likes

simply put,the best fighting franchise.They opened doors nobody else has.

Yeah, though Street Fighter was the first fighting game that put the genre on the map, Mortal Kombat broke some walls indeed.

Without those two, we would probably not have Killer Instinct…

5 Likes

My favorite fighting game franchise of all time is back and without MK I wouldn’t be playing the games I play today.

1 Like

I was raised on this.

2 Likes

Video game violence debate is laughable. I’ve been doing Fatalities since I was 8, when MK1 came out 25 years ago! And I turned out fine. …i think. :thinking:

2 Likes

Same here. Been decapitating fools since age 10, lol. Some people look to SF as their genesis into the FGC, but for me it was MK.

2 Likes

I had first contact with video game violence when I was 7, and it was Mortal Kombat 4.

I don’t think it demoralized me in any way. Triangle heads and ketchup blood, did not have big impact on me.

But I would have serious doubts whether to allow my kid to play MKX for example.

2 Likes

One of my all-time favorite fighters/fighting game series alongside Killer Instinct and Soul Calibur as my other all-time favorite fighting games. Above all congratulations on your (now) 25th anniversary celebration, Mortal Kombat :grin: :smile: :sunglasses: :thumbsup: :clap:

MORTAL KOMBAT! TEST YOUR MIGHT! FIGHT! EXCELLENT! FLAWLESS VICTORY! FATALITY! BRUTALITY! ANIMALITY! TOASTY!

Happy Anniversary Mortal Kombat!

3 Likes

I was HUGE into MK when parts 1 and 2 were new. When 3 came out, I kind of lost interest and I never quite got into it again to the same degree that I used to.

With that said, I understand the significance this series has had on the fighting game genre as a whole and have much respect for it.

Side note: Today is the last day to grab Mortal Kombat XL on sale on Xbox today. It’s a measly $12! I bought it at that price. This is the reason I typically wait and buy games later (after all updates and DLC are out for cheap)!

…I’ve gotta do it :grin::

1 Like