Mortal Kombat 11

I cant believe that response up above lol…I got my popcorn ready lmao

1 Like

I remember that series, It was funny.

I felt the same way for over a decade, then eventually found new reasons to care about games again. I guess that would fall under “Life finds a way” since I never expected a person like me to not just leave games for good.

I personally do ridiculous combos with certain characters, I remember having fun just picking Batman and doing “juggle combo into EX Air Grapple to continue the combo” because it looked cool. With that said I’ve seen this complaint said by many people since MK9 or IJ1, because there was a point where NRS was using the input of pro players more acutely to make the game more tourney-viable. Of course I don’t think NRS is foolish enough to pull an SFV, and the more causal stuff like towers and customization kind of prove that.

On a side note, how do you play NRS games? Do you mainly focus on neutral and small combos, or do you try to make flashy combos that make the game feel more ridiculous? Maybe varying your playstyle might make the game more fun or something, if you feel your current style is stagnating.

For many people this is their outlet for imagination, either to make an existing character closer to their vision or to make their OCs in ways they couldn’t otherwise do. For example, I have an OC that I put in SC6 out of boredom and it looks far better there than I could ever currently draw it. So for people that can’t draw/render/etc. these games are their canvas. Plus let’s be honest, the legal issues surrounding guests is always a roadblock, so this is the only way you can have Master Chief fight an NCR Ranger from Fallout: New Vegas.

Kind of off-topic but what do you mean? Mods or the official skins for the given system (like the Xbox version having official Halo and KI skins)? As an example, I personally don’t like Steve and always use the Stocking from the Christmas Pack, it’s just far more engaging for me to play as an unconventional avatar.

I try to be as fast and flashy as possible, and I would be lying if my strategy wasn’t an evolved form of button mashing. I know the moves and the sequence to dial them in, but the AI often moves too quickly for me to really strategize so I just kind of randomly dial in my moves and hope. Again, that’s probably more my issue than the games, but I think it’s so cool when you unleash a barrage of attacks on you’re opponent until you’re meter is charged and their on their last health percentage and you combo into your super and finish them off with it! That is so amazing, you feel like a ■■■■■■■ boss! But now, I can’t do that. I just, use the attacks. And with this game’s lower focus on combos it’s going to be even harder to play like I do.

As for Minecraft, it’s not just the avatar. It’s the entire game. The aesthetic and the limitations, even the interface, they all just turn me off.

It would be nice MK to have a photo editor, similar to AC Odyssey, so that we can make posters.

@CausingThought6 it’s true that you won’t be able to use your fatal blow when you are whomping in AI opponents. But I think this is balanced by the Krushing blow which you can use more frequently and generally better access to meter which you can use without having to save it up for your super. Plus, the normal cycle is that you wail I’m the first few AI characters with much style and supers but then the more advanced AI keeps you from doing this. But now it will be the reverse - in the first few matches you will not need your fatal blow but as the matches get tougher and close me you will get access. To my mind, this will allow you even more hype as you unleash your fatal blow in the better opponents you face.

I mean, in a lot of ways your mental attitude is really what’s driving whether or not you have fun with it. I feel like sometimes you are just chasing pretty trivial things around.

2 Likes

Also it would be fun if there was a comedy finisher, like a bad word or a wrong move. I was thinking Baraka kissing Mileena and breaking eachother’s teeth.

I have no defense for that, but I still don’t like the change to super moves. It’s part of the game that is simply less fun now compared to previous titles.

Who knows. Maybe my attitude will change when the game is finally out and we know everything about it, but all I know is that a new Mortal Kombat should not be making me feel this way.

I want to see more cyborg maybe female cyborg would be best for change aswell for tri borg arch rivals .

2 Likes

A female cyber ninja. That would be pretty cool, although I’m not sure how many more things can be done with a cyber ninja that havn’t already been done with Cyrax, Sektor, Cyber Smoke, and Cyber Sub-Zero.

Is it weird that I’m kind of half-expecting Nimbus Terrafaux to be in the DLC? I mean, MK9 had Skarlet and MKX had Tremor. Each game’s DLC so far has had one of those wierd random scrapped characters. I’m betting on either him or Bellok.

Do you know sheborg ?

While I’m all for a female cyber ninja, I think she would need to be more unique (and serious) than… whatever that was.

Assuming Triborg is taking the role in the story Sektor once held (I’m pretty sure Sektor’s Brain is controlling it anyway) then I could see him trying to expand the ranks of the Tekunin. Recruiting from all over the place (including maybe a young woman from Outworld who’s in a bad life situation). But she’d need her own gimmick. Her own weapons and moves not copied from the other Cyber Ninjas.

If I recall Incubus said multiple times about how NRS said nothing about Triborg being canon, mainly since he hates Triborg but still. I still stand by the theory that Triborg could be integrated into Sektor’s nanomachines as a means of bringing Sektor back, assuming they don’t just bring Sektor back like Baraka instead. That way we could have a reason for 2 Sektors to exist, similar to the 2 Scorpions, 2 Raidens, etc.

On a side note, @anon39655210 Why do you hate Triborg anyways? Is it because he’s a poor man’s Sektor in your eyes, or is there some other more obscure reason? Because prior to your statements I always assumed Triborg was just Sektor’s brain in a new body, but apparently that’s not the case?

1 Like

They never really say. His ending says one thing but the trailer implies another. As far as I can tell his cannonicity has never been commented on.

Sektor and a new fembot Cyber Ninja. That would be cool.

Because I like the characters as individual characters, and not as “functions”. I don’t just want their gameplay, I want the whole package. And Triborg is the exact opposite of that.

That’s a fair point. But every Cyber Ninja ended up in MKX, pleasing a lot of people

Yeah, I remember a lot of that in MKX actually. Johnny got Noob’s shadow gimmick, Tanya got Jade’s staff combos, Stryker’s tools got divided between several characters, etc. I can see why it would upset people similar to MvCI “functions”, because it’s not just the moveset that is relevant to most players.

On a side note, I just realize MKX did functions better than MvCI. Eek.

1 Like

This is where I disagree.
Their gameplay was in MKX. And for what it was, that’s cool.
But it wasn’t Sektor or Cyrax. It wasn’t Smoke.

That’s fair. I guess it just doesn’t bother me. Either way, variations aren’t really like that anymore so I doubt Triborg will ever be back. Just a one time thing.

Still want Sektor back.