Mortal Kombat 11

Tao feng need to be back in the games.

That games is from creator of Mortal kombat by john tobias .

Maybe it’s the optimist in me, but I think they could be heading back in the right direction. Maybe. They certainly seem to be saying the right things about micro transactions, but obviously we’ll have to see how that plays out.

I’m really hoping they won’t tie character skins to MK Mobile like they did in MKX. That game was kinda fun at first, with the hook of getting more and more powerful cards, but as the number of souls needed went up and up and the grind became longer and longer, the game really started to feel predatory to the point where I had to delete it.

It’d be different if the gameplay was fun, but it’s just a tap tap game with a few light layers over what’s essentially a mathematical equation of more powerful card kills less powerful card.

Sure, players are given some leeway, but the gameplay is so simple that there’s really no challenge or way to improve to the point where I’m interested in the actual content itself, but rather what the content can give me in the console version. That’s not really a fun side component. That’s a wall between me and something I want. If the mobile game was fun on its own merits, that’d be one thing. But even then…

I might just watch the stream to see if they’ve made it more of an actual fighting game experience, but mainly I’m just hoping to hear them announce that there won’t be any content pipeline from the mobile game to MK11. Can’t say him holding my breath though.

Sorry, that was a bit of a tangent. Point being that I’d like them to find more fun ways to deal out content too. I don’t mind the krypt as a sort of go-to rewards center for simply playing the game. I think that’s a nice thing to have. I also like the towers and have always preferred them to what Injustice has done, but that’s just me.

No I get what you’re saying. I think Raiden and Liu Kang are both in bad places right now, and I think there does need to be a sort of righting of that wrong, either by Liu Kang forgiving Raiden, Liu Kang finally coming to terms with Raiden being right at the end about Shao Khan needing to win, a mutual understanding that they were both right and both wrong, or perhaps some timeline shinanigans to more or less undo what happened to them.

I mean, there are a lot of heroes that are kind of at low points right now. They can keep going down that path, but I think they know that eventually, fans will kind of expect something positive to happen with Liu Kang, Raiden, Kitana, Kung Lao, etc. Hopefully the new story gives us a nice bit of detail on that! The way it sounds, it seems like this story is going to be pretty massive.

I hear ya. Speculating is a big part of the fun. Guessing which characters will be in, opining on who should be in and who deserves another chance, etc. But the mystery’s do occasionally happen, they’re just usually soles out in different ways. They’ve always done well in this regard with hidden characters. How to fight Reptile, going back to an MK1 stage to fight Jade, Smoke and Noob, trying to figure out how to unlock robot Smoke and turning him in to Human Smoke, the codes for Classic Sub, Mileena, and Ermac, how to play as Noob and Goro, the list (obviously) goes on.

One of my favorite parts of the big January reveal was the acknowledgment that there will be hidden characters in MK11. Now whether that’s true or whether Paulo was just referring to cameos or perhaps just blowing smoke, who knows. But it’d be great if they did s clue string ala “look to la luna” in MK1 where a few characters could be unlocked.

I know the internet will definitely have that figured out in a day, but it’d still be fun, especially if you actually tried to avoid the solution online. I used to love hearing all the rumors about this hidden character and that back in the arcade days. I know that’s way harder to replicate now, but who knows. Maybe they could stagger hints and put them in update patches?

I don’t think you’ll really get the kind of mystery you want, where we can actually figure out characters before they’re announced, as MK9 Skarlet’s really the only example I can recall where they slightly went in that direction, but hopefully we’ll still have some fun stuff and maybe even a mystery or two leading up to or after the game launches.

Don’t really think that’s possible though given that Tobias made that game while running Studio Gigante and besides, Tao Feng is an MS owned IP. NRS never had anything to do with it. I WOULD however love to see a Tao Feng sequel! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Lol. Not gonna lie - I used to just skip over your posts most of the time. I’m not known for my brevity, but you’ve definitely got me beat on long-windedness :joy:

1 Like

I’ve already said I would mod off-topics. Keep the discussion on Mortal Kombat and it’s development. You too @Iago407 - I’ll mod pieces of posts as well if I have to.

1 Like

I feel like I missed something important here.

1 Like

Yeah, I totally get it and certainly don’t fault you for it. I tend to try to keep up with posts when I’m following a certain thread, and when I fall behind, I scroll through and think “I want to comment on that” and then it just kind of snowballs from there. I just figure if people want to read my individual responses to them, cool, let’s have a conversation. If people aren’t interested, no problem. I do have a bad habit of getting very long winded though, especially when I’m picking several parts of several posts and going on about them. I’ll try to keep that in check a bit, as I’m sure no one really wants to see a wall of text lol.

No problem! I’ll take it to PM. No big deal. I was trying to keep the conversation in the realm of MK11 and expectations, but probably veered a bit too far off the path. My bad.

You really didn’t.

Probably means nothing. But just imagine

It would be a cool crossover, tbh. Bayonetta is a pretty gory gane if you look at it. Elegance, but with tons of brutality lol

I don’t think it would work though. There is just so much flow and movement she has, it would probably get toned down really hard in MK if she were to be a character.

Bayonetta is definitely among the better ideas for an MK crossover in my opinion. Yes the styles don’t meld perfectly but if they can ram Neagan into Tekken then this would seem to be a much better fit. I know Bayonetta is gory in some ways but I have a hard time seeing her torso crawling acros the ground while her intestines trail behind her. But since it’s Kamiya suggesting it they must be okay with the idea.

1 Like

I agree it would be difficult, but I think it would be worth it in the end because she’s such a weird character compared to every other MK character. Like, if you tried to create an OC that would bring the same gameplay, it would just be a Bayonetta ripoff. She’s that unique and iconic. Plus, how many other characters could function as a console exclusive for the switch.

Hey, maybe they could put MK content in Bayonetta 3 as well. That would be interesting.

I think bloodrayne would be amazing as a guest in mk11 she could have ties to skarlet

2 Likes

I’ve seen a lot of people talk about Bloodrayne here. I think she’s cool, and she’s so out of the mainstream that I take comfort in the suggestion. Like, people aren’t just suggeting her because she’s popular. They just genuinly like the character

1 Like

Let’s be real. Bayonetta’s too good for MK. She was too good for Smash too considering they had to take away practically everything she did.

However, I now remember that Kratos was also in MK and he should have been the ultimate character.

1 Like

Yeah. They have to do her better than Kratos. I can actually imagine her having some restrictions on her with the fatalities the way Kratos did (basically amounting to that they couldn’t “Disrespect him”). Probably just amounting to her not panicking or screaming like a baby during fatalities.

Another set by the LatAm NRS community being commentated by Ketchup:

1 Like

Ive really grown to enjoy their channel lately. I used to exclusively watch Max but his channel just has been not my cup of tea the last 6 months. I still watch his few MK 11 videos…but overall his channel just doesnt do it fro me anymore. But these guys are really good.

Max has moved to a lot more generalist and variety stuff. I actually really like his Blackout and Apex stuff, but I don’t really check out most of his stuff until much later now. He’s still a great streamer, but his interests have diverged a bit from what I pay attention to these days.

Yeah he is in a big overhaul of his channel since he got fired from his partnership. I didnt even know that streamers worked fro companies like that…its all very interesting. he is doing a lot of MK stuff right now though. I wish he or some one would do more Ki stuff but there just isnt anything to report on…yet