More Humans or More Monsters for season3?

So I totally see what you’re saying, but Kan-Ra’s whole goal was to be immortal right? That’s what got him cursed in the first place. I actually think this is what stops him from dying by fire or anything else like that. I’m pretty sure the ancient king wanted him to suffer and thus doomed him to slowly rot, so then the curse probably also stops him from dying from anything save for the deterioration. Supposedly he hasn’t actually gained immortality but only slowed down his deterioration. If he were truly immortal this wouldn’t be necessary. He could just let the curse take it’s toll and then rebuild his body right? The fact that his fighting so hard to slow the curse and such I think proves he can definitely die, albeit by limited ways. So then, he actually is human, IMO.

1 Like

An excellent point. However, I’m most of the argument I was making used the information given in story mode, where there are several mentions to him achieving immortality and/or to his “immortal life”. Based on that narrative, I think it’s safe to say that he has already reached the goal of immortality.
However, you bring up a fine argument for the curse vs blessing ideal. After all, if his curse slowly causes him to rot away, wouldn’t the king want it to last forever?
Picture this: Kan-Ra has worked to slow his decay, to the point where his body is stable, and can even be reconstituted post disintegration. This should all be due to his charms and spells granting him the ability to reform himself.
Now, what if he didn’t have those bells and whistles?
What if… His immortality has completely bound his soul to his body, no matter it’s condition? Say, he wasn’t able to reform himself after the sandsplosian or the incident with the Night Guard. He would experience the rest of eternity as a pile of ash or a sandy hill, feeling every ounce of unbearable agony even as he was eroded away and spread all over the globe. He’d hear every sound, feel every touch, see every sight, all at once, to a degree where even his trained mind would eventually snap.
…dang, if this is the case, I actually feel a little sorry for him.

1 Like

Hah well you’re right about that. I guess either way the king got what he wanted in that case.

2 Likes

i would say Kan Ra is as human as spinal. Both were humans, both are not really humans anymore. Kan Ra kept more of his human appearance though.

2 Likes

fair enough, but I still wouldn’t categorize him a monster because he is nothing like some of of our other actual monster characters in KI. Is he not a human? sure but if he showed up in a cast full of humans he’d fit right in still. That’s the point I’m trying to make. I’d still put him in the human cast cause he still looks very much like a human. Point is he is not a good argument on whether we have enough monsters in KI or not.

I’d like for season3 to retain this tradition (excluding the guets since they’re not actually part of KI in the first place) Other wise we can expect a very dull season roster wise.

1 Like