More definitive edition character problems

I purchased a new hard copy of Killer Instinct definitive edition. I have all the characters except Kilgore, eagle, and shin hisako. they are grayed out. if I click on one of them it takes me to the microsoft store to purchase them. on that page though it says they are included in the definitive edition. I don’t want to pay another $15 for these characters when I should already have them. How do I get them? thanks

@snickerdoodle has a thread you can search and get some help. Or she may respond here and help you.

If you are referring to the Xbox one edition there should have been a card/code in your case that enabled the gold skin editions of the characters. You have to put this code in the code redemption area of the Xbox store on your Xbox to get them by doing so this enables the other characters you are referring to to be enabled at that point. I had the same issue and forgot to put my code in for the gold skins and had searched from high to low on why certain characters were grayed out. Once I input the code to redeem the gold skins all characters that were grayed out showed up and I was good to go. Such a small simple thing I don’t believe anyone has posted about but I was lucky enough after plenty of tries I did my code and it worked. I hope this helps you if so. Thank you.

1 Like

Ok thanks I’ll check. I think I saw that code, and I think I was going to try it but read it was for something else and so I didn’t even try. I’ll post back and let you know if that fixes it!

Ok that fixed it! Thanks! It said it was just for the gold skin, but the characters are usable now. Something I had noticed earlier too was if you put it on single player vs cpu, you could select those characters for the cpu but not yourself. They work now though. Thanks again!

Well now they are grayed out again and I have to purchase them in order to use them. I am going to try the code again and see what happens