Morality of the Killer Instinct Universe?

That’s the other thing I didn’t like as well, his family being part of Maya’s organization. It just sounds waaay too cartoony and convenient. I mean, how can an aristocratic family in Germany be part of an Incan group? What, did Konrad’s N a z i grandfather just stop by and make friends with them while hiding in South America? I just like the idea of Maya’s group being much more isolated than this massive international monster hunting organization in the 2013 game.

As someone who’s been watching werewolf movies dating from the 1940s, it kind of follows that trend of having a given person being “deservedly cursed” for whatever fault lied in their character. For example, hitting on someone’s fiancé, going outside and ignoring the warnings of people about the dangers that lurk after hours, being the child of r ape like in “Curse of the Werewolf”, etc. In the case of KI2013, it’s “Oh, he was a gluttonous hedonist who fooled around with Ma and Pa’s conveniently hidden away Nightguard artifacts, thus he deserved getting cursed.” I don’t know, I just find it much more compelling that he was completely faultless in terms of what happened to him, plus it’s kind of more novel than retreading the same path that Lawrence Talbot had with it being a genetic disorder.