Mods for PC version?

I want to believe that season 1 was developed in a rush and there was no time to look back.

I bow down to your understanding of modeling and your complicated explanation :pray: :expressionless:

3 Likes

While Iā€™ll never know for sure if weā€™ll get mods on the game I am eerily curious as to how this will go!

So Iā€™mma check this thread every so often.

1 Like

Thank you for the explanation. This is quite eye-opening. I hope that they bring you on as a consultant or even as a contractor and let you fix this at the end of the season. Please donā€™t spend too much time on the Unreal engine project - while it would be awesome, it would be a little pointless given where we are now. If you only have limited time, showing people what could be done with just a minimum of effort in the existing system would probably yield the most dividends (although Orchid ass mods and unsponsored Thunder will never be approved by MS).

1 Like

Just speed sketching Sabrewulf tonight. Roughing in his head shape and such. He should be pretty easy to finish out modeling wise, since it just has to be a base mesh because the fur is going to cover it all up anyway. Just want to make a decent underlying shape to put the fur on. Will get back to finishing KI2 Orchid tomorrow, just felt like sketching a few Wulf ideas out tonight.

2 Likes

Good to see you back. Looking forward to seeing what else can be achieved.

1 Like

Thank you so much for thisā€¦

I KNEW as a figure sketch graduate the body was odd. That clavicle area is insane.

So many who donā€™t understand wrote it off as a campaign to complain, but knowledge is power. Same with the hair.

ā€˜Derrrrrp, I think she looks good, you just want to complain, I donā€™t see itā€™ lol

You are amazing. Canā€™t wait to see more.

I found these mesh frames online

Mira

2 Likes

lol, Sabrewulf is going to look so freaking sickā€¦

Has there been any progress of actually getting modded models into the game?

Honestly the only retros that bug me are fulgore for his large eyes and face plate, sabrewulfs creepy looking eyes and missing fur, and jagos clothes being so torn that itā€™s amazing they fit. Other than that Iā€™m fine with them but it would still be cool to see what mods can do for them.

I have been able to make a few changes, like swapping accessories and such. Repacking the .paks after you modify them works so far. You have to make sure the size stays the same though.

Im trying to get a few characters done to attempt a full character swap.

I guess I could try swapping some sounds or something real quick just to see if that works as well. I need to test that for another person on here that is interested in modding characters sounds anyway.

1 Like

Wait, how do you see what he does?

2 Likes

He said heā€™s looking forward to ā€˜seeing what else can be achievedā€™ there is more to modding than changing the visuals, especially when people have been talking about modding sound files from practically day 1

Whoooaaa itā€™d be just too awesome to have Kim Wu with jagos moveset and orchid with sadiras and Maya with Mira and Sadira with orchids moveset!

Awesome

Canā€™t wait to see Kimā€™s rig

Got a few minutes today to start work on Retro Wulfs model and textures. Probably too early to show, but I wanted to get some opinions on him so far. Wit this one I am kind of keeping to the constraints of their design, to keep the bones close. But just trying to make it look better.

About got the fur under control. Still need to add a lot of detail to it. And have to finish out the eyes, mouth and ears. They are all just placeholder right now. Will look good when its done.

Should be at a good point with him soon.

For referenceā€¦ I guessā€¦

20 Likes

Riptor with Orchidā€™s moveset lol.

1 Like

Holy :poop:, next to yours that Wulf looks like a mutant.

1 Like

Your redesign looks pretty good. I think the ears could be a smidge longer, and he could look a bit more ā€œmeanā€, but I think you know that already when you say you need to add additional detail to it. I like it way better than the original design, thatā€™s for sure.

2 Likes

Yeah, I cant wait to thin out the fur in places and add a ton of detail.

Hes going to look a good bit ā€œrougherā€ when I get done with him.

I feels the same about the ears, i need to thin them a little and extend them.

2 Likes

He promised me he would finish Orchid first but is already working on Wulf?
SadFace
:frowning:

1 Like