Mira is Russian!

Yeah sounds like what the guy on my vid said too.

1 Like

Fallegeros? Why did I find out about her last name on the wikia & not from any trailer or ingame detail or lore?

Who knows, we will wait and see what the story reveals before we declare canon.

If you’re refering to her instinct activation then you were right before, she literally says “Vampira” which means vampire (female).

Yeah but there’s a word before it! What’s that word?

I would like to know where you’re getting that from because I even tested it ingame right now and that is all she says.

I’ll have a clip up for you momentarily.

OK, here you go. This is all audio but Voice dropped to nil.

My best guess is “Tuman Vampirov” based on Vampire’s Mist ran through Google Translate. I actually had to break it down a bit more grammatically to “Mist of Vampires” because it wouldn’t take “Vampire’s Mist” or “Vampire Mist”.

Got a comment on my video that is a +1 on Tuman Vampira:

1 Like

Same guy from my vid. <3

2 Likes

Ah, that changes everything.

It certainly blended too well with the sound effects.

1 Like

Funny. Played too much MK at one point and got so used to the idea that whatever characters shout is a gibberish that I haven’t even tried to listen to Mira carefully.

1 Like

BOBALAYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Titowitowijah!

2 Likes

To make it more clear the “tuman” on russian is “fog” which is sound more heavier :sunglasses:

Come one guys. Mira have a Slavic accent but shouting russian words does not making her russian.
Like Orchid`s “Ich, Ni, San”? for japaneese one,two,three.
Could be just magic spell that should pronounced in specific language - like Harry Potter’s latin for spells or Japanese anime-manga shout outs for special attacks.

Mira is Brazilian (thus, Maya is as well).

While mostly fluent in English, some of Mira’s quotes have her speak in her native language of Portuguese, which is the same with her sister (as shown in the 6th chapter of the Novella), verifying that she and Maya are of a Pardo Brazilian background.

Source: http://killerinstinct.wikia.com/wiki/Mira

Also I read the novella. It was made clear that she’s Brazilian. When she speaks Vampira when she pops instinct, I think it is probably in Portuguese.