Mira gameplay thoughts?

Feeling the same. Sadira will always be my number one but man she’s gonna have some competition now!

I’ll sum this up: Her gameplay looks way more interesting than her appearance. She looks great in motion.

I only saw the 15 min reveal. I missed the stream. Did we get a release date?

Her outro animation is soo good

1 Like

So - unreactable 50/50, eh? I give it approximately another 18 - 26 hours before a “Nerf Mira” thread is created.

Loving the looks of her play style. I’m really into taking risks/risky characters, and this is risk personified. I love the fact that brainless play will put you straight in the ground.

Maining Hisako, I’m already used to command grab resets so health recovery should be pretty intuitive for me.

Carmine from UNIEL is pretty much the same kind of health management as Mira, except he can continue to use the specials that drain health when at 1HP remaining, whereas Mira’s pool is effectively twice her health bar (once through as recoverable, once through as draining), but does have a finite limit.

EDIT: Put the quote in this time, took me a while to work out how to do it on this site.

1 Like

She looks greta. It s atradition for me to play a character once. I probably won’t main her.

She seems pretty cool. Doesn’t seem beginner friendly. I think Her and Kan-Ra matches are going to be insane. Only think I don’t like, is that one of her specials, has a medium, and heavy, that are both the same animation. I think combo breaking is hard enough as it is. They said you will either have to guess or use shadow–counter. WTF is that. Poor choice. Be fair dangit.

That’s not in combo, it’s the overhead and low are too fast to react too as they are the light and heavy versions of the move. It is the only grounded overhead she has though and I think cost health, not sure on that last bit though.

They actually said that they think her linkers are some of the easiest to break.

I think she is great but… Alex and dude kind of butchered the game play reveal. It was really unfocused and kind of did her a disservice IMO

I think she will be much better once in hand

I like what I saw, but I think the Embrace move should cause some damage…!! I think if someone bit me I would be in some sort of pain… Lol

@Blade4693

Add the video of her gameplay to the OP dood

3 Likes

I added to op, thanks for posting the vid man!

My reaction when they said she is a glass canon fighter

I dont know if i like her gameplay but i like her design.

But i dont like unreactable safe 50/50 even for sacrificing a bit of life. It is -3 on block and at the beginning of a match you dont have meter. So eating a Combo of a 50/50 is highly possible.

Mist form seems pretty strong too which does not seem to have punishable recovery even if you read it.

I wait and see but i dont get the safe design choice.

I could not be happier with Mira. So far I had not found a character in season 3 that really speaks out to me and I just found them! I cannot wait to play her (although I will have to wait a week longer because I got the combo breaker edition).

2 Likes

I agree. I’ve been a Sadira main since S1 and I couldn’t find a character that I liked in S2 nor S3, but Mira looks amazing. I can’t wait!

1 Like

I’m excited for Mira and look forward to using her. She has some very interesting tools and mechanics that will be fun to explore, and I can see her having good corner pressure, especially if neutral embrace causes a hard knockdown, as rather than ending combos in embrace ender you could wallsplat and then embrace to get decent damage and health back.

Medium punch will be a good button to press after a jump in as it hits twice very fast, so it will likely break any shadow counter attempts while being very difficult to shadow counter itself. With good conditioning she will be able to dissuade people from shadow countering after a jump in which will allow her to pressure with other buttons as well.

1 Like

I love her, i’ll try to main her to get good with her

I was thinking exactly the same with the wall splat. Best of both worlds some damage and some health back. It will prob be the go to ender in the corner.

1 Like