Max talks Kilgore and Ultimates!

Cinder :fire:

why esclude any char to have an ultimate? this is not a speech, ultimates are in ki 2013 if EVERY char in the roster has his/her ultimate/ultumates. not only the mains, not only the ki branded, nor only the guests, but EVERYONE of them. this means they are extending the game system, canā€™t be a joke or a visual bonus for some char. i will accept if some char will get one more ultimate than the others for some of its peculiarities, but nothing less. this will be for sure a big update, another time released thanks to the fact that IG listen deeply to the players!

I think that sounds a bit too ā€œMortal Kombatā€ for this iteration of Killer Instinct anyway, it sounds on paper like a Sub Zero move.

Instead Iā€™m hoping we get Ultimates more in line with the current vibe of KI, which is rated teen but in no way is exactly sanitised and still takes a lot of creative risks to convey atmosphere, something I feel it does very effectively.

For example, the most dramatic struggle of a stage ultra we currently have is Hisakoā€™s stage ultra, the opposition being dragged down to the depths by ghostly hands and desperately trying to claw their way back up.

Things like that make me forget that KI is rated teen, the first time I saw that and Hisako as a character in general I got chills, I think Ultimates will be able to convey that kind of menace without being explicitly violent.

Also I would love a stage ultra for Spinalā€™s stage where the kraken reaches down with one of itā€™s tentacles, hoists the opponent into the air and flings them into the sea in the background, either ending with them disappearing beneath the waves or a very subtle hint to their demise appearing on the stage, such as a sharkā€™s fin visibly approaching them.

I think we will see a lot of ā€œpunch, slash, punch -FIREBALL!ā€ Ultimates modeled after the Shago and Jago ones we have already scene. I donā€™t expect a lot of heavily cinematic MK style fatalities. Although I could be wrong. They are clearly doing new animations (as an aside, Jago looks pretty rag doll for his so I suspect itā€™s a super early build and I hope they refine it before itā€™s done), so I could be wrong.

As for the level of gore, I think people should expect the same level as what is im the game. The Aganos stage Ultra where the opponent is turned to stone then blows away suggests a bloodless freeze and shatter or an incineration that isnā€™t too graphic could be possible. But I think these are going to lean to the sort of Dragon Ball style of Jago and Shago or the Wile E. Coyote style if the Aria stage ultra more than MK or even old KI finishers.

1 Like

@CrimsonLegendx

Same sentiment any violence they do have to do might be off screen especially if itā€™s brutal.

However dude I wouldnā€™t put the freeze shatter off the table. It can be pulled off just particles of ice.

You kidding me? we have Ultras but that some how makes them all uniqe?

I think everyone SHOULD get Ultimates. Unlike Ultras which are generic punches and kicks, Ultimates can all vary and add more ā€œcharacterā€ to the character. We see their most distinct moves amped up to 11. If anything that adds to their uniqueness. Not everyone can throw a giant endokuken at people but everyone can punch and kick.

You got stages since season 1, I had to wait for THREE years before this happend. So if anything Iā€™m GLAD they finally put some work into making KI more complete to me. Iā€™m sure everyone is getting Ultimates and I wouldnā€™t have any reason to doubt it.

I donā€™t ever pay attention to them most of the time. The only time I ever pick a stage is for stage Ultras I just change the background music for something else.

You got enough stages, let the Ultimate folks get their turn. You can ask for more stages once this is done.
Also if you ever play online youā€™re likely not gonna see them much if youā€™re good enough to take your opponents green bar away. At most youā€™ll be stuck getting double Ultraā€™d.

So theyā€™ll really just be a rare specticle for everyone lucky enough, and skilled enough to not get their green bar thrashed.

Same here because I think we got enough stages.

@BigBad Andy I donā€™t think so, not all the characters can throw fireballs and Iā€™m sure some can just out right do the attack without having to throw a single punch. Like for example: Fulgore can fire a super version of his devastation beam

Unfortunately Stages are not likley to get added. Ultimates were 2nd place in the Survey, let those who want utlimates have their turn now.

Your free to have your opinion, but I disagree.

I Ultimately agree! :smile:

I see what you did there.

Lol yup high-five

What was first place?

Costumes and colors

1 Like

Ah this thread reminded me that with Ultimates come 50% moves like Shagoā€™s Devastation move. Man if every character gets that Iā€™ll be super satly when I get hit by a Kan Ra with that.

Yeah, Iā€™d be really surprised if anyone got a move like Shagoā€™s devestation. Partly because it would completely ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  up game balance but also because it would really modify the way every character plays and how you have to match up against them.

Yeah I thought that his annihilation was shagos character specific move not because he has an ultimate but more akin to omens DD and fulgores hype beam.

1 Like

Information is in that link

1 Like

I doubt that and itā€™s silly to assume everyoneā€™s gonna get one because Shago has one?

This makes way more sense.

Also Iā€™m also hyped just as much (if not more) as Max is about this. BRING ON THE ULTIMATES!

1 Like

I wonder if Iron Galaxy is more concern about polishing KI than making more content this year.

from my experience KIā€™s pretty strong in what itā€™s got, does it have flaws? well obviously every game does. Thereā€™s no such thing a sa clean polished game. Not even the good ones or the bes tones are smudge free.

Now if they do decide to add more polish I think itā€™ll be after they finish with the content for this year.