Masterderico's "engrish" rant thread!

You said most people on here haven’t done anything for KI. Implying that you have done something. What have you done?

2 Likes

We see posts like this, every day we’re here reading on the forums, pretty much word-for-word posted by native English speakers who had a baseless complaint reasoned out for them by the more thoughtful and polite posters. The problem isn’t the “Engrish”, it’s the attitude and disrespect.

I agree that the Official KI Channel shouldn’t be streaming other games during a KI tourney. We don’t actually know if that’s even the channel you’re talking about though, and if it is, I would like to verify the stream archive with my own eyes, because it sounds ridiculous, and if what you say is true, we can pen the angry letter together. But to pull the “KI will die because blind fanboys” line really just convinces us to ignore you.

And, to be clear, the ONLY reasonable complaint you made was about the Official KI Channel streaming other games during a KI tourney. Your other complaints are misunderstandings of your own, that you now have to rectify and come to terms with. It is a fact that you did not get ripped off, and feeling like you did doesn’t make it true. We call that “buyers remorse”.

4 Likes

Passive-aggressive behavior will get you nowhere. In these forums or in life. That is all that I need to add here and I recommend no more additions to this “not a rant” rant thread.

Also, ■■■■■■ :joy: a pleasant mix of ■■■■ and Skittles. Picture it.

Disrespect to me is to see Keits playing an fps on the IG channel when a major ki tournament is happening.

Disrespect to me is do the game whatever they like making this community with ZERO purpose.

Disrespect to me is to see an announcement trailer that said Shadow Lord will be release on the season and then make us wait months in prior to other business.

Im lying?
The issue now is my engrish…

Lack of arguments and fanboysm make some do that: change of the subject.
Want to win a conversation? Fix the counter-part english

Maybe someone more dedicated to stream-viewing than I can break down the first point? I know Keits plays OW on his own, personal, channel, but I haven’t caught anything on the IG channel recently, so I don’t know what you’re talking about. Was this major tourney held in the US? Was Keits in attendance at said tourney? If the answer to both questions is yes, then I guess I understand the frustration, though you are misunderstanding what “disrespect” means.

Your second point is nonsense crying without any information. You might as well say disrespect is everything you don’t understand (which seems to be a lot). I can assure you that balance changes don’t happen “for no reason”. If your character got buffed or nerfed, cry about it more sensibly, please. Try to see the bigger picture instead of your character in a vacuum.

Third, the season isn’t over yet. They said this season, it drops this season. What other business are you irrationally disrespected by? Making sure the mode functions as intended? Ascertaining that it gets approved by the various committees it must be approved by before reaching publication? Over-extending on their planned work schedule to fix major bugs/balance issues that were more pressing to the playerbase at large? Having their hands tied by their publisher so that SL’s release coincides with the DE release, which is a DECISION OF THE PUBLISHER AND COMPLETELY BEYOND THE CONTROL OF IG (THE DEVELOPER)?

You should try to understand situations (especially in marketing) before deciding it’s just “disrespect”. You seem to have a twisted idea of what constitutes respect and it’s opposite, and I think your whole life would be better if you could reconcile that error in your understanding.

What really gets me is “making this community with ZERO purpose”. None of them made me show up and post. No one is forcing the streams on anybody. You don’t have to play. They didn’t MAKE the community, the community formed naturally around something they enjoy, as happens with every single fandom populated by people with means of communicating, back before the Internet existed. If you are saying that WE have no purpose, I’ll kindly ask you to find more fulfilling things to do with your time then waste ours with your poorly spoken rudeness and ignorance.

5 Likes

I was gonna say no, but you clearly mention that @BigBadAndy understood and he clarified what he said. I agree, you haven’t really put forward anything to help improve the game, just that these things are bad. Then you go to the lazy fanboy taunt when you are called out.
At this point the problem isn’t your English, its your comprehension of what everyone else is saying in English
What event was this where Keits was playing a game during a tourney on the IG channel? Also how does that matter? KI Pro League and 8BBD have their own channels that stream the tournaments, and given recent behavior in the chats I’m definitely OK with Keits doing what he wants even if that is playing another game on his stream at the same time.
If you have some constructive ideas, please share them. Don’t accuse me of calling you a liar when I simply state the facts and don’t call me a fanboy because I like a game and am capable of using rational thought to justify some decisions.

3 Likes

This thread should be closed after that response.

1 Like

We’re done here.

4 Likes