Mandrill's Art book! (Updated with the roster)

What happening?

1 Like

I’ll explain another time…

1 Like

Hope everything is ok. Remember, dust your shoulders off and keep moving, regardless of the situation.

Dont give up now when you are this far into it.Battle on!

Writing is never a cut and draw process. It is constantly evolving, and if you need to walk away from it for awhile that ok too.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I really appreciate it.

Sigh

Lately I’ve been in a funk. And that has been affecting my writing.

So I’m going to have to take a break from it.

But I want to keep writing… SOMETHING. Because it’s productive and my hobby.

So while taking a break from my novel… I might start a new story. Something, not as long and complicated as The Warrior of Elysium, but still something that packs a punch.

I have framework done on the characters, setting, and half of the plot.

I shall see what I can show you guys soon.

The name of this project?

Clayton Zalabos & The Living Calamity.

That’s all I can say for right now.

I just have to follow my heart.

@Dayv0 @KIGod420 @GeneralScrebor @TheNinjaOstrich @MasterStone1994 @KevBones10 @AquariusDragon0

4 Likes

Always be on the look out for new material. Inspiration can come from pretty much anything: a game, a movie, music, a landscape, even your random doodles can take on a life of its own, and even more satisfying is when those doodles can be assimilated into your first project.

2 Likes

Considering this new project was inspired by Chrono Trigger…

I think i’m on the right track :slight_smile:

1 Like

Perfect. Time manipulation is a treasure trove of material. The use of talismans, artifacts, relics, rituals, and sorcery are endless.

2 Likes

I know right?!

Also I already have a roster of characters. Not all drawn are but I could show you concepts.

Ok cool deal.

1 Like

I’ll be ready to post them by let’s say 3:30 or 4:00 pm EST.

Gotta head out for a bit. I’ll be back soon.

Sorry, couldn’t help myself.

2 Likes

Who is that btw?

Birdperson from Rick & Morty.

1 Like

Really? From Rick and Morty? How bout that…

The Roster of the new book:

Name:
Clayton
Birthplace:
Kaliak Village
Height: 6’
Weight: 245 Lbs
Weapons:
Sword
Shurikens
Bolos
Boomerang
Abilities:
Slashing Gale
Shuriken Slash
Ball and Chain
Boomerang
Weapon Master
Personality:
Heroic, Green, Bold

Backstory:
Born in a run-of-the-mill town, Clayton was a courageous, bold and competitive boy. He was always trying to get first in every sport he was in, however, in school he did not do too well. He was always slacking off on home work, getting into fights with bullies, and ignoring the teachers. All Clayton wanted to do was to leave this village, but he could not with his skills… at age 18, a visitor came to Clayton. A friend of his family, a man named Roy offered him a place in a school where he could hone his skills for adventure. He accepted without question and enrolled right away.
Quote:
I will return a new man. I will return victorious! I promise you!

Concept: By Me:

Interpretation by my dad:

Name:
Roy
Birthplace:
Carak City
Height: 6’3”
Weight: 300 lbs
Weapons:
Power Gloves
Abilities:
Hack
Digitize
Wiretap
Battery Boost
Techno Cannon
Personality:
Smart, Strong, Caring

Backstory:
Roy was born into a wealthy family in Carak City who have quite of history of being technological prodigies. In his youth he spent his days tinkering with machines. Building Invention after invention, they were always perfect, but also always seeking more after each success. This Cocky mentality lead to an accident where one of his inventions cause a building sized explosion during an experiment and Roy was caught in the middle of it. He was healed and augmented with cybernetics, but his cockiness was put down that day.
Still inventing, Roy joined the Academy of Warriors in order to become a Great Technomancer alongside his best friend Camron.

Quote:
I am a technomancer! I can control any tech I want!

Name:
Lorelei
Height: 6’
Weight: Unknown
Birthplace:
Carak City
Weapons:
Whip and Twin Pistols
Abilities:
Whiplash
Double Barrage
Spanker Combo
Backlash
Lash Finisher
Personality:
Nice, Quiet, Cute

Backstory:
Lorelei was a student of the Academy along with her brother Roy. While not very good with machines, she had the best skill in use of weapons. Ranged or for melee, she could wield any weapon without hesitation. Her favorite: The lightning whip. She wields this electrified crop with great power, earning her the name: Whip Lass.
Quote: Whip or pistol, I can clash with the best of them!

No picture yet.

Name:
Sasquatch
Height:
7’ 5”
Weight: 390 lbs
Birthplace:
Unknown
Weapons:
Fists
Abilities:
Immortal boost
Mammoth Rush
Spirit Charge
Sabre Tooth Claws
Spirit Punch
Personality:
Knowledgeable, Calm, Sturdy

Backstory:
In the Savage world known as Ruteakal, Sasquatch was the Smiling Spirit Shaman and Leader of his group. Sasquatch is from a Race of Humanoids called Brutes. Being leader of his pack he can have up to four mates, 2 female brutes and 1 male. The Brutish also cannot die from old age and for Sasquatch he is an old one, roaming with his mates for millions of years. And with his shaman duties, he is in charge of communicating with his spirits which usually take the form of humanoid mammoths. One day they warned him about his wives and husband disappearing into the night. But Sasquatch did not see anything wrong at the time and ignored their warnings.
His family was killed by savage beasts at dawn…
Quote: Wahaha! Sasquatch will beat down puny man!
The Spirits dictate everything. The good and the bad.

Concept: By Me: N/a

Name:
Ocelot
Height 6’10”
Weight: Unknown
Birthplace:
Amazon Castle
Weapons:
Sword, crossbow and Axe
Abilities:
Sword Cutter
Pounce
Savage Vengeance
Battle Boost
Queen of the Wastes
Personality:
Noble, Engaging, Honorable

Backstory:
Ocelot comes from a group of warrior women called Amazons. Although nearly invincible when in a group, Ocelot mostly kept to herself, fighting one on one most of the time instead The amazons live in seclusion on a tropical beach castle and Ocelot eventually left on her own accord due to wanting to explore the lands outside. She became an extremely successful bounty hunter. After defeating so many dangerous foes, she angered an evil known as Ario the Collector, who wanted her hide on his wall. Ocelot knew she couldn’t defeat this man on her own. So She tried returning to the Amazon castle but it was burned to ashes nine months after she left. Ocelot was taken by Ario’s bandits and was humiliated and branded as Ario’s property. Fortunately, she was rescued right before she was skinned. Ario was reported to be killed in action but no trace was found. Ocelot wonders if he had survived and if he would still be after her…

Quote: I was out of my element last time I fought that butcher, but I have learned from my mistakes! I will have my Revenge!

@GeneralScrebor @AquariusDragon0 @TheNinjaOstrich @KevBones10 @Somea2V @BblackorchidD @Dayv0 @KIFANATIC8488 @KIGod420 @Fwufikins

4 Likes

Since the forums are being a butt with my own pictures…

Have my dad’s interpretation of these characters of the new book…

Clayton Zalabos The Hero of Nothingness

Lorelei Cardoso The Whip-Lass

Roy Cardoso The Technomancer

Sasquatch “Qadim” Morrako The Brute Shaman

Eton of the North Fire

Ocelot Indiana the Amazon

Mako Noitorto The Junker

What do you guys think? Which of these 7 are your favorites?

@GeneralScrebor @Fwufikins @TheNinjaOstrich @KevBones10 @AquariusDragon0 @NitricZenith @Dayv0 @BblackorchidD

8 Likes

I’m digging Sasquatch and the Technomancer

1 Like

I figured you’d like Sasquatch.

In this book, He takes a lot of inspiration from Red XIII.

At least so far.

Also Rock.