Make Orchid look great again

The hell’s up with her hair? That’s way too long. Needs a haircut.

Your right, its definitely a mash up of KI1 and KI2 into one retro. Which is cool by me. The Orchid on the cover of that magazine looks great, but I dont think orchid in game really makes that big of a difference to not play her as the OP suggests.

That’s fan made

1 Like

She really needs more hairstyles costumes

Eh, the designs have been hit & miss. Some are really good, and some aren’t.

Fulgore? From the neck down he’s KI2, though fatter, but his head? His protruding chin makes his faceplate look concave.

Saberrat? Need I say more?

Eyedol? Holy hell his retro is awesome!!!

Gargos needs to be more gargoyle and less Green Goblin…and how is it they got his wing color right on modern color 3 but not on his retro?

Cinder? Bravo, well done.

Glacius? Aside from the weird neck thing that I’ve nearly forgot about he’s good as well.

But yeah, Orchid’s retro is fine. 90% KI 1 with a little KI2 thrown in for good measure.

This is a good rednition of Orchid’s KI2 self:

2 Likes

Nice art. Even her fingernails are green. That’s attention to detail right there.

Now THAT is awesome fan art. Her hair looks odd

Every time I see the tonfas it reminds me of the missed opportunities with DH retro Orchid accessories & how Orchid got the ‘short end of the stick’ lol

I can’t count how many times this has come up since season one and it’s never not creepy.

Sure I’d love it if IG took on a stage relighting kind of project for season 4 and worked on all of the faces, hair and smoothed out any awkward looking muscles, outfits, retros, etc. I think that’d be a worthwhile undertaking.

But no OP, as much as you want to bemoan “this generation” and how crappy it is that contributing to the dehumanization of an entire gender is going the way of hair grease and T-birds, it’s got nothing to do with the pussification of our culture and everything to do with the fact that more and more guys just think it’s a bushleague way treat people.

Maybe give it a rest with the “it’s art” nonsense since there’s no way that’s your motivation and accept the fact that MS isn’t going to cave on this. They didn’t back in season one when there was a thread like this every other day and they certainly won’t now.

3 Likes

Found this one. From Marquise_Robinson’s PhotoBucket (link: http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Marquise_Robinson/library/?sort=3&page=1)

More options for character costumes/customization is always better. Just saying…

Right- there shoukd be two retro outfits selectable and the version should have lower boots and the right outfit shoukd definitely have the black tonfa sticks.

They could replace the cowboy outfit with another proper set of accessories

2 Likes

But I like the cowboy outfit…just kidding I don’t care about it but I’m sure someone does

1 Like

I like it with the white and blue color. I usually go up against another orchid but with dark freen soviet looking accessories, idk why but I always found it kind of funny.

I hate all Orchid’s accessories. Both main and retro ones. Lucky the main outfit without any looks cool though.

1 Like

KI1 and KI2’s Orchid designs were VERY close in terms of graphics, like Max said in his Season 2 Character Prediction video, he said that Orchid, Kim Wu and Maya all had that Janet Jackson facial look, and that kind of brought the whole “This woman looks amazing :heart_eyes:” to a clean death. But when the reboot launched, whoever had done the character designs (I believe it would be Kevin Bayliss), had REALLY outdone themselves with the new looks of the KI girls.

Seriously, this is why Orchid would be my wife. Because of her determination to take down evil, and her re-design.
Orchid is my wife, Riptor is my baby girl That Riptor didn’t want to be part of ARIA’s crappy corporation.

And me…well…

Y’all can crush on her, but she likes Sangheili warriors, a lot. :wink:

Yes, I’m really Mewtwo, seriously, being the Arbiter is probably one of the toughest jobs ever. You won’t get ANY free time, and I need free time :joy:, so yes, therefore, I’m not a Sangheili warrior…But that doesn’t mean a clone of Mew doesn’t get a chance :wink:

1 Like

Good luck with that. Personally, with my youngest being 4 now I’m done with the whole teaching young’uns how to make water in the big sitting bowl.

2 Likes

Just the one?

I now have an incredibly bizarre mental image of her being basted like a chicken…

A spiced up orchid. Complete with seasoning.

And yet this still isn’t the most awkward and creepy conversation that has happened in this thread.

Eh, it’s my norm. I do it because it’s funny. Just go with the flow.