Mage/warrior (un)balance

One stance being better than the other does not go against both being good, at all.

It’s pretty clear warrior head is more powerful, especially right now, with the j.HP madness xD

While mage head has lots of good tools, and is definitely better in a few select matchups, overall warrior is definitely stronger. Between better normals, much better movement, much better reversal options, better damage, better combo options, better pressure you really don’t have all that much to argue against it. Once j.HP ceases to be such an overly strong tool, it should be more even, but even then I’ll still say warrior will be the overall best head, hence why I believe normals should cause the head switch at the same rate as specials, so that the character doesn’t naturally spend most of his time in the stronger stance.

While I do admit. I hope IG will keep the RNG to some degree since I love the idea of testing one adaptability in combat for both Eyedol and his opponent. But I do agree it could be a bit more lax in how often it switches. Then again I find in some matches I’m more Warrior than Mage and in others I’m not. only time I ever stay stuck is when my opponent is kicking the ■■■■ out of me.

Some slight control over the RNG might sound good. Though at the same time I’m sure some losses like potnetial mix-ups could go away to. Actually you know what. Maybe that’s why Eyedol switching is so crazy to start with in the first place? I’ll reiterate in the lower part of this post.

I can honestly back this up with my own experience because I’ve been able to win as both consistently myself. Though I have lost a few times for other reasons like mis-timing an attack of failure to aim. Or a surprise switch. But that’s what I love about this character. You have to master both or practice with both and find how to work with them.

Back to what I was saying earlier; The reasons Mage/Warrior are so ridiculously strong is because of the random nature of them switching. If we could have better control on how they switch we could lose something we may of been ok or even liked about Eyedol to begin with, and on the other hand it would REALLY make Eyedol OP because those players wouldn’t have to worry about adapting as much as their opponent.

call it a hunch but I think that’s what the devs were aiming for when they designed him.

The keyword be it against him or playing as him: Adaptability. You have to switch your strategy up to win or if you wanna stay at advantage keep hitting them and don’t give them the chance.

I recently climbed back up to Killer and one of my last fights before my promotion was an Eyedol player, a decent one. But Wow was it amazing. It’s not often you have to use every single tool in your arsenal to fight him, and I was Fulgore at the time.

I’ve had to zone his warrior, rush him down, etc. It was nuts! Even when I was Riptor from the fight before that, I admit as Warrior he’s scary, but wow. Fighting Eyedol has never been this fun before.

Got a clip? I’d like to see that.

I’llhave to getthe clip frmmy fight Archives. Shouldn’t be hard though because of the new way we can upload clips to Skydrive.