Lots of poor losers higher up!

Well unlike in SF or KOF you don’t have to worry about you’re combo’s being broken at any point in time. The only way a combo stops is if it’s a reset or dropped. Which can happen in KI on top of being broken.

I hear alot of people just don’t like having their combos broken more then anything. Doing a combo in KI was never meant to be super difficult. I always looked at the difficult parts being the neutral, and combo breaking game.

To quote myself:

I was not making a criticism to KI, I only stated that is different from other Fighters. The point I was originally trying to make was that if a player wants to use Combo Assists, it doesn’t make him a lesser player and that combos in this game isn’t about high level execution, but more on throwing the other player off and lock himself up.

Well technically speaking it takes good execution to use combos that throw your opponent off consistently.

Man you are really trying hard to get the last word here (well, so am I, LOL).

It doesn’t take much execution to throw off you opponent as much as say, hitting one-frame-links consistently (you should try older Guilty Gear), but I’d admit that it does takes some conditioning to get used to the free-style nature of KI’s combo system. But after a day or two I feel most people get the hang of it (at least with the people I play with). KI’s combo system is tailored to decision making more than execution.

Yes and no, as @FengShuiEnergy said, the complication that does exist in this game lies in different areas, there’s nothing really wrong with the execution being fairly easy when there’s more than enough challenge to be found in other aspects of the game.

My main point was that in the scheme of things, combo assist can actually be more of a hindrance than a help, I couldn’t believe, considering the other tactics I was employing, that he believed I was managing to win by mashing one button, also how upset he was in a casual exhibition match, nor the fact that he believed that how Orchid should be played is as I described above. o_0

Does anyone read EVERYTHING I wrote, or just skim though it. I never said there is anything wrong with KI’s combo system. And to qoute myself again:

So as was already stated, I agree when you said “challenge to be found in other aspects of the game”. lol.

I don’t know about others, but yes I read the entire post before I respond. Are the combos easier in KI? Yes they are, because part of the game is trying to get big combo numbers before you get combo broke, or blow out the combo by not ending it. I don’t play some of the game that you spoke of, but having played SF, MK, and Tekken, I can say that most other games do not come close to the combo numbers you get in KI. In the other games if you get above a 10 hit combo, then you are a really good player.

Damn, why everyone needs to defend KI when I said combos are easier? LOL. I never said I was a bad thing and I like the “Uniqueness” of KI breaking system. I’m already agreeing with you guys!

I got to Killer rank with Shago with CA on, not that I needed to. I’ve requalified Killer twice since then (Glacius & Gargos, CA off).

Using CA may be an indicator of poor skill, but not necessarily.

I go back and forth. I don’t need it, but I do like that I can use heavy specials and not end the combo with it on. It gives me one more choice of moves to use in combo

Yeah, this is true, I can see it being doable, but due to the nature of CA, it does somewhat limit your options and does take a little bit of control away from you, I think it’s probably easier to get carried away and mess up with it on rather than not using it.

When I first started playing it was defaulted to “on” and at first I didn’t think to bother changing it (I was mysteriously stuck in offline mode anyway, then played about a week online using CA.)

Shortly after I started to think every combo looked incredibly scripted and went to switch it off and practice, after a while it was like "oh wow! I can do this instead of this now? Awesome! " So I guess it’s more about having more options than anything else, props to you if you got all the way to level 50 with CA on without getting incredibly bored! :smiley:

I think that combos in KI appear easier because the execution is more “free form” and you don’t have to really “dial in” preset execution strings.

As you and others mentioned, KI’s combo breaker/counter breaker system creates a constantly active risk/reward condition for both players. It’s the only game that the opponent can interrupt your combo nearly all the time. At high level play, combo completion at it’s basic level can actually be quite difficult, unless you can produce regular lockouts from the opponent, and that’s typically a different level of execution.

Honestly, I think most people who don’t like KI, don’t like the idea of possibly not being “rewarded” for landing a hit.

1 Like

I find most people that trash talks the game haven’t really played it. May have sit down and tried it for a hour and concluded that this game’s combo system is too easy. They would be right, but even haven’t began to dive into the mind game aspect of the breaking and counter-breaking. No other game has such a mechanic outside of a one-time “burst” found in air-dasher. Combos in KI are much more than a “punish” found in most FGs.

Speaking of cheap! My Tj is still fighting for his wins but OMG. This dude as ram and all he did was grab throw down stomp stomp stomp stomp. Over and over and over. Lol so after losing he first match I decided that’s how we are going to play. Ground pound knockdown, then the minute they get on overhead combo rinse and repeat.