Lost Interest In Most KI Tournaments

Not even yourself.

kappa

Counter breakers are broken this is why most top players dont use them.

Broken? I’d say that’s a questionable statement to be making…

Proof or I call BS

Well they dont work most of the time if you prefer.

I’d recommend giving this a read. Should help clear up some misconceptions.

1 Like

Well, yeah, sure. It’s likely to do with human error, though. Or lag. Otherwise, as far as I know, they work just fine for the most part mechanically.

2 Likes

Agreed. I’ve actually started doing my Counter breakers earlier than I normally would, and been hitting them consistently.

2 Likes

Exactly. That’s pretty much all there is to it. Simple.

1 Like

This is what I was talking about when I said our community proliferates Scrubquotes. We all know very well that they aren’t (cuz we have quick access to fantastic literature on the topic) but some top level mouth-on-a-stick is out there spouting lies about our game to cover for their ego.

Counter breaks aren’t broken, you just missed.

For shame.

5 Likes

This is what I see going on. People don’t understand exactly how something works. They try it and it doesn’t work for them. Because ego, they claim the mechanic is broken and everyone follows them without doing any research.

7 Likes

15 Likes

@Samish02 Go back to any replay of you missing your counter and frame step it. Then come back to me.

@CrazyLCD knows. :slight_smile:

1 Like

For what it’s worth, I’ve learned a lot about the game reading through this topic!

5 Likes

“A game mechanic works in a different way than the way I belive it should work, so its broken”

"I got the read, so I deserve a reward, ignoring that my read was late"
https://cdn.meme.am/cache/instances/folder519/57725519.jpg

I have a suggestion:

If Dojo is ever remade again, put extra emphasis in how the counter breaker mechanic works, stating that the CB must be performed ONE FRAME EARLIER OR THE SAME FRAME than the opponent’s combo break attempt to actually work, and not one frame later

Seems insulting obvious, but some people are still missing the point after 3 years

4 Likes

I don’t really want to prolong the discussion. We can just agree to disagree. I don’t worry very much about the competitive scene, but I follow it enough to know that none of the players you mention are playing Jago at the level Thompson is. They just aren’t.

As far as the characters, I have consistently argued that Jago is the strongest character in the game, practically from KI’s season 1 launch. He has tons of options for every situation. But he has always been considered good but not the best by the vaunted “community” until Thompson started to win with him. Now he’s “just dumb.” None of those frame traps are new. None of them.

If you really believe that Fulgore and Jago are that much better than the rest of the cast - switch to them and start winning. This is a weakness in the community not in the players that are using those strong characters. I’m not accusing you of not loving the game, or supporting the community or any of those things. But I’m never going to accept the case "well yeah, so and so wins, but they are using “x character.” You guys all have the same options available. The winner is the winner - I don’t want to hear these excuses.

6 Likes

Literally same. Found proof of this when I realized Kan-Ra was absolutely a guessing game. Tried Jago for a bit cause I was working on a lil project. Hit practice mode for a little bit…

44 Wins straight. In Killer, ranked. I’ve never even come close to that while playing Kan-Ra… Even in season 2. And all I had to do was 1 chance breaks. weird how that works
Didn’t stand a chance.

@SonicDolphin117
Also, I buy it. Kan-Ra is undoubtedly my craziest character. I play him the best, but he isn’t my best. Jago is… And I can do some ■■■■ most people haven’t seen with Kan-Ra lmfao. Try it. It’s a lot of fun playing the best characters in the game.
No seriously guys this ■■■■ is addictive I almost mained him until every one of my friends made fun of me. Literally almost lost friends over being the “meta”. (Some “Friends” huh? :expressionless:)

1 Like

Jago feels sluggish and stiff to me, and Fuglore is just super hard to play effectively.

This is completely subjective, which is why the point of playing “top tiers” being effective for anyone is false.

2 Likes

Correction: Earlier or on the exact same frame.

Well in fairness, the Meta did try to kill all his friends and get their AIs, so I can understand why your friends might be worried.

2 Likes