Lore: is fulgore eagle? Or something else?

Fulgore “IS” a cyborg, so he has human parts.

My guess is that there’s a clone, the original is probably in the tube on reserve to serv as a Biological “back up” for fulgor.

Is he still a cyborg though? If the entire biological eagle was held intact in that stasis tube then i don’t know what to think anymore. If anyones seen chappie it could be something like that. A copy of the brain onto an android so it should act and feel like eagle but there may actually be no organic components anymore.

1 Like

Fulgores are cyborgs which means they have at least a little human. It could be someone else in the fulgore, or cloned body parts.

By definition they HAVE to have biological parts… no matter what.

Yeah i know what a cyborg means, and you’re right the special eagle edition mk3 fulgure is a cyborg, i just double checked his character bio, but are all of the other ones cyborgs also? The throwaway units that she’s tossing around like fodder? I guess if she’s harvesting brains or some weird ■■■■. How much of eagle is in there though, did they take a hunk of his brains? He seemed to be fully cognizant in the novella dream state so i wonder. Maybe she cloned a hunk of brain and copied over the data? It’s all very confusing.

Remember the clones in Star Wars? I could be wrong but I’m thinking its something like that.

Ionce thought he was Eagle turned into a machine. Turns out that’s not the case. That bummed me out a bit cause it seemed like Fulgore really isn’t that significant of a character story wise. Since this was like the Fulgore that stood out from the other fulgores, just as Riptor stands out from the other stalkers.

Now we know Eagle is alive which, as a brother I’m happy for Thunder but oh well.

Felt like a big missed opportunity for me, for the reasons I’ve stated before in this thread.

Yeah I think fulgore should be thunder’s brother RoboCop style

1 Like

Funny thing is Robocop was an inspiration for him as well.

1 Like

From the novella, chapter 5:

ARIA left the chamber, turned a corner and walked down another long hallway. She passed a niche where a powered-down Fulgore prototype unit—one of the UA-CCIX series—stood. Far less sophisticated than the current Fulgores, the CCIXs were thoroughly effective killing machines; but they were prone to overheating, and their teleportation systems were buggy. But one of these units had become self-aware and had started altering its own code. For that reason, ARIA had kept it from the scrapheap; and here it remained until she found a use for it.

So, there are 3 types of Fulgore:
-“Regular Fulgore”. Mindless robots who conforms Aria’s main army.
-“Eagle Fulgore”. A prototype used as vessel for Eagle. Destroyed by Tusk, useless since Eagle’s dissapeared.
-“Self aware Fulgore”. The one mencioned above. Possibly the Glacius tech evolved, or Eagle influence altered his code.

This last Fulgore its surely the one we will use in Shadow Lords. So Fulgore its a self sentient killing machine. Maybe this one is the one who didn’t kill orchid in one of his s1 endings.

Take him as agent Smith on Matrix

Fair enough for me

Honestly this is exactly the one I think we are actually playing. It’s the Fulgore that’s self-aware. So in a way we have different Fulgores from the one we play as. Just as we have different stalkers from Riptor.

1 Like

Yeah but, that fulgore is buggy. And from the gameplay standpoint, I don’t see any “buggyness” coming from him. I’m pretty sure the fulgore we play is the current up-to-date version.

I’m sure his mechanics worked fine.Just he has self-awareness. Just cause Fulgore doesn’t act buggy in combat in gameplay doesn’t mean so in the lore.

So if this is the “up-to-date” Fulgore than that must mean we’re just playing the super strong version of the “regular” Fulgores?

1 Like

He is the up to date model. He is the MK.3 The CCIX were older models were they not?

This novella has thrown everyone off on who is who lol.

1 Like

It sure has

1 Like

Not really, I understand it for the most part. Although some characters were left out entirely like Sadira and spinal.Outside of one mention in the lsat paragraph of chapter 6.

But looking back on it now, I’m not sure if IG continued the overall plot of what DH wanted to do.

I was under the impression that MS was in charge of story elements and so forth and both DH and IG handled the actual game, I’m not sure. I could be wrong

Was that the case? Hmmmmm…

Just because Fulgore lost his body doesn’t mean he’s gone…

As Cinder said, “This one’s special.”

4 Likes