Looking for "Shadow Lab" friends [Shadow Lords Update]

Care to elaborate?

The ā€œactual computer AIā€ is different in some pretty fundamental ways. Its decision-making is unhampered by the >15 frame reaction delay that shadows (and human players) obey, so its decision-making can be a lot more basic accordingly. Youā€™ll notice that itā€™ll just walk forward on you in some sort of ā€œterminator walk of deathā€ manner and instantly block buttons or unreactable things like wind kicks, its version of oki involves delaying a button until the frame after a reversal DP would come active (you can catch the AI with delay-DPs all day), etc. I think the default AI wouldā€™ve been next to useless in designing the decision-making processes at the heart of shadows.

1 Like

Fair enough, I tend to think itā€™s less binary however. Think of a blended case in this instance. But, at its core, a shadow is an AI with modified parameters to better match a human players tendencies. Itā€™s not a stretch that, given a lack of data points, the weight falls more heavily on the generic AI side and less on the human parameters. I could be way off base, but if I were writing a program to do this, Iā€™d start with this premise. Good points however.

Well, behaviour of shadows that lack training seems pretty limited from what I have seen.

More to the point, though, I just donā€™t think you want the decision-making of the default AI ruining the experience that a shadow provides. That stuff is unfun to fight against and invalidates human strategies, which is a big part of the reason shadows was developed in the first place.

I couldnā€™t agree more. I think shadows should be in every fighting game. If perfected, it could be one heck of a tool for leveling up and learning match ups.

2 Likes

Yea I deleted my shadow awhile ago because of this reason. Waiting to make a new one when S3 kicks off because of all the balance changes.

Been taking a break waiting for S3 donā€™t want to further cement old habits from S2 but when the 29th rolls around I plan on spending alot of time exploring the new game. Anyone that hasnā€™t added me please do and I will add you back. Look forward to playing some matches and fighting all of your shadows when S3 drops!

Reviving this thread for all the new folks to Season 3, as well as for the Old Guard still looking for fights!

My shadowā€™s sitting pretty at 51 fights, and Iā€™m really hoping to get the achievement for 100 as Iā€™m sure many others are!

If ever you need a punching bag, Iā€™ll gladly punch bag!
#Gamertag: Fwufikins

1 Like

Anybody else not able to access shadows mode?

Iā€™ve started adding people to shadow lab. Trying to use arbiter. Gamer tag same as my name

2 Likes

I havenā€™t been able to get into it.

I will be back playing more shadows when Kim Wuā€™s shadow becomes available to train up.

I have about 50 matches on my Fulgore Shadow. GT is Woopay, and Iā€™ll challenge everyone that challenges me.

Good times.

Iā€™ve updated the OP with more info about the Shadow Lab for the new players. I will also be updating the OP with a list of names that can be added as XBL friends in an effort to streamline the thread a bit.

3 Likes

Iā€™ve updated the OP with a list of GT of people who have added themselves in the thread. If I missed you, quote me or PM me so that I can add you. If you want to be added to the list, quote me, or PM me.

1 Like

Im still at it on thw shadows but my maya is playing all sorts of weird. I think I need to reteach her some since she cant jump backwards and do that dive grab anymore

I have been updating my shadows since S3 launch but they still need a good bit of work to get the bugs out. If anyone who hasnā€™t added me and wants to feel free gamertag is the same as my username. Iā€™m always looking for new shadows to fight and ways to improve my game.

Hi , I am new to KI . Long time fan , just recently jumped in because of the PC port. Really interested to jump in the Shadow lab mode. However my shadow still has 0 matches played. I heard that there are some privacy settings in XBOX app or Windows app preventing the shadows to being propagated to other players. Do any of you guys know what might those settings be so i can check them off start sparring my shadow against you guys? Thanks in advance

I cannot access since launch of s3. Reported in the bug thread, but sucks a lot.

I canā€™t speak for the PC side of things, but I believe on the Xbox itself you need to make sure your profile isnā€™t set as ā€œprivateā€ in your accountā€™s privacy settings.

There might be something similar on the PC apps, but you can also check your privacy settings on Xbox.com.