Linker scaling

what’s the incentive of doing level 4 Enders that are riskier and only doing 6 percent more damage on average? we’d just be busting out level 3 Enders all day.

Who/what are you responding to?

• Sees Maya’s damage

Ok, now I’m scared.
And stunned!!

Aganos only gets a miserable 1%!
Some characters gets an insane buff, while others barely. Its really odd!

Not all that odd; Aganos has fewer moves in his combos to benefit from the better scaling, and only has multihit openers aside from his jump-ins. He was always gonna get fucked on scaling.

And yeah, Maya’s damage would be solid. Her and aganos both have very powerful level 4 HKD enders; better than most damage enders, even.

Too bad ARIA’s HEA do less then the MEA or the LEA linkers. Oh well. Probably so her damage doesn’t’ get too crazy for her. But if they fix that well I’ll take it then.

“Man kim hits so hard!!!”

looks at the 35% damage

“Yup she sure does.” :laughing:

1 Like

It’s funny how the only thing anyone complains about with Kim (besides dragon kick) only comes into effect when she gives you all the time in the world to break out.

It’s just virtually any character can reach the 50-70% damage. Granted it takes alot of resources and stuff too actually reach that peak for the most part.

But everytime I hear “man kim hits so hard!” I’m sitting here going “ok…her and virtually the rest of the cast do too when given leeway.” I mean I can one chance break with ARIA for 45-50% damage. It takes all y resources but it’s possible.

NERF PLZ

jk Kim can do the same thing lol

Well they partially nerfed it already. I just need to dig some more to find more ways. ARIA’s only limited by ones imagination.

From the S3 patch notes about Maya:

• All Linker damage increased to normal damage-and-scaling levels so that Maya gains Ender levels normally.
  • The 2 hits of opener Tumble Kick advance the damage scaling by 1 hit instead of 2, helping Maya build Ender levels normally.

So maybe they know about this “bug” and they are using it as an intentional design choice to keep damage low for some characters?

1 Like

Probably to keep mira relevant.

Mmm…it’s possible, but if that’s the case the characters they’ve done it for don’t all make sense. Also, while maya’s linker damage is increased, the scaling is still worse, which goes against what they’ve said in the patch notes.

Personally, knowing this is intentional wouldn’t really make me feel any better about it. I think an obscure, totally unexplained system of additional scaling that pushes some characters away from ground combos is not a good way to limit a character’s damage. Also, like I already mentioned, there are other factors they’ve already used for other characters to limit damage, ones that make much more sense.

I mean that if it is intentionally done and not a bug, then why even go for a level 4 ender for more risk and only 6-8% more damage?

so your asking for the damage up front at the beginning of the combos? level 2 and 3 right?
hmmm. I dunno man. the reward should be towards the end of the combo but that’s just MHO.

could be true. isn’t fulgore level 4 launcher ender get higher per combo level. are there any other Enders that share these same properties but excluding the obvious damage scaling?

…No? What?

lol. sorry I’m trying to learn this crap lol. your percentage break down is -lvl 2%/lvl 3%/lvl 4%? or am I hella noob?

The damage % breakdown is just a list of what characters do on immediate counterbreakers now vs what they would do if their combos scaled normally. I don’t know what you’re trying to say.

The three numbers are counter breaker combos using 0 meter/1 meter/2 meters.

1 Like

ahhhh. so the KV resets and scales down on specified characters damage output even more than normal. I just didn’t make the connection with the OG post and those numbers. thanks :wink: