Level 4 Ender Opinion Poll

Over 35% is a ‘large’ majority, not to mention there are 18% who don’t really care for it.

Even more, I think the naysayers will be a higher if they saw the current enders side-by-side with the new ones.

1 Like

Where can I see these lvl4 enders?

Watch their last few past broadcasts.

Hmm… You make very good points. I might have to look back, and compare the enders side by side.

1 Like

You simply expressed the way i feel to 100%!

I really hope for a step backward of developers…
This ender lvl4 is unrefined, and badly suited to the game…

Jago does level 4 Endokuken ender at about 22:00 in this link. If somebody wants to turn this into a gif and put it next to the other one, we could do a comparison.

Very good explanation and pretty much my thoughts. There’s some I do like but overall I’m on the “nay.”

Thanks for that, it’s the kind of constructive criticism I expected from you.

And… I do agree with you. I have to think about this for a moment but I might have actually changed my mind about this.

I didn’t change my mind about the idea of putting more punch on special enders (why just lvl 4? Why not also lvl 5 grounded shadow enders?) but you did highlight several problems with the implementation shown in the stream.

Maybe this is WIP and they have either already changed some of these or didn’t even intended it to ship with the final game and it just happened to be on the stream build… but somehow I doubt it.

At least I believe this thread here contributed with a lot of good criticism. Maybe something good will come out of it.

1 Like

I’m working on the gifs guys. Hang on.

If Season 2’s development history is anything to go by, they usually have to submit builds to Microsoft 2-3 weeks in advance. If you follow the devs on Twitter, sometimes they give out little hints about stuff like this. Yesterday was the 2 week mark to March 29th, so they’ve either already submitted their final build or are very, very close to doing it.

I highly doubt any of these animations will be changed in the final launch build.

Also, just to be clear, I don’t want this particular solution on level 5 shadow enders either. I don’t want an option to turn it off or on (because then I can’t watch streams if someone has it on, or it should default to off, but then why have it in the game in the first place?). I think the system is bad enough that it should be entirely reverted.

And like I said in my post, it’s not the fact that giving level 4 enders a little extra oomph is a bad idea. That’s cool, if you do it subtly. In my opinion, though, their implementation of it has the tact and grace of a deer trying to get out of the way of a car, and needs to be re-thought from the ground up (and removed while they do it).

1 Like

I had to work all day I didn’t get to see it is there a video up somewhere?

I really can’t make a truly accurate argument for or against this right now because I have not experienced it playing on my HDTV. Streams are “janky” in general in the first place. I understand what they are trying to do and I appreciate that effort. While I got to see a couple examples with Glacius, Aganos, and Kim, I can say that they are kinda weird. Is it one of those things that is out of place now and we’ll be use to it later? I am not sure but I do not like that it could jeopardize interests of high level players. The original effect of a slight camera change and blast of special effects seemed to do the job well. A level 4 ender is an exclamation point on a good combo. This seems to just gloss it over with a storm of shadow. I don’t get a WHAM feeling with sense of weight and drive to the blow. This is only an impression seen on a stream. I do hope this stuff is WIP and the team considers all of this feedback for future work.

OK guys! I did my best! :frowning:

No Problem!

Edit: Looking at it more and side by side, you can kinda see the differences. The camera angle where Orchid pops up is a big one. Seeing it at that angle is a bit weird.

10 Likes

Wow I can totally see how Orchid really shouldn’t be launched in that manner at that angle. @Infilament was totally right.

1 Like

Yeah. I can see it too. It’s weird at that angle for her to pop up like that.

well, seeing it that way ^^…much better the old version, this is a big downgrade in my opinion, also all the shadow effects will now look the same instead of the shape and the colors of the actual character.

2 Likes

Thank you for doing that.

1 Like

Tusks face also looked weird on his reveal, just sayin

The games not out yet.

Previous naysayer to orchids hair or face:’ I’m not going to be looking at (insert concern here )when I’m in game I’m not here for that …’

1 Like

But just how much time did they really spend on it? It’s as if they had some unused, easily-implementable resources on hand that they put in the game in hopes something good would come out of it.

Do those effects really look like something they spent a lot of time and resources on? If so, I am worried for the future of KI.

1 Like

Didn’t I say something like this? XD

1 Like