Learning Basics Should be Mandatory

I saw what you did…

1 Like

Yes it would. It could teach someone how to block, do a short beginner combo, and how to combo break. Those are meaningful and important.

These are my thoughts.

While only viable for one character, but expandable in knowledge to the rest of the cast, we already have a Dojo which caters to this in every way and teaches the game. Making this mandatory, for example, would indefinitely frustrate a subset of users who are fresh off the block.

Could we do a subset of this? Maybe, but then we’re dealing with multiple other subsets of people who you’re trying to be helpful behind a wall they must succeed to get over. You’re forcing them to do so whereas I find it needs to more of a matter of choice rather than forced.

The tools are already available to them, if they’re not fully using the resources currently at their disposal, it’s more in control of the user rather than us. You may help a small subset of newcomers through this, but it’s better for a more direct approach through person to person contact vs. something that’s forced onto them.

But the dojo already teach es all of this. I agree there are a ton of things players could learn before jumping into exhibition. One being howto change the search criteria before they jump in hit search for opponent and then leave when its a player above their tier. But they just cant hold everyone’s hand… I wish they could!

You understand that because maybe you know about fighting games. A total newcomer gets overinformated: he learns nothing.

Maybe this: if you have not used the Dojo, once you go to multiplayer the game shows you a message:

This is your first time in KI. Maybe you would like to try our dojo with good beginer and advanced tips to understand the game better!

Press X to go Dojo
Press B to skip

If the player wants to learn, he will press x. Otherwise, its his choice.

You shouldn’t obligate nobody to play anything they dont want

3 Likes

Can we just pause for a moment and remember that this is just a game? There is a tutorial available, but it’s not like we need to force people to use it for their own safety. You don’t need a license to play KI. If people want to rush online and then get beat up because they don’t understand how the game works, I don’t see why that would be a problem.

2 Likes

Nice idea.

However, with kids who tend to play more video games than actual sports these days and an extremely low pain threshold, I doubt some will even be familiar with the word “dojo” these days

“Dojo? You mean that weapon Donatello uses in TMNT? Man, KI has too many sword characters already. I want Marcus Fenix.”

“Press X to go Dojo? what’s Dojo? Some kind of new single player mode where everyone has a… like a Dojo meter or something?”

“KI is too Dojo”

:runner: * leaves thread *

1 Like