LCD Opens Up About Everything (Survey Feedback)

Where did you get this impression from?

Great post LCD, I pretty much agree with all of it.

The most baffling thing IMO is their relentless refusal to fix the S1 retros, we’ve been asking for them to do it for well over 2 years now. Revised or all new retros that were high quality would sell like hotcakes. It’s like they hate money.

2 Likes

The fact that HKsmash got death threats for simply complaining about characters and balance changes.

1 Like

He gives no indication that the death threats came in response to complaints about characters or game balance. If anything, some of those threats sound like outsiders from the wider FGC who hate KI.

3 Likes

That’s what I’m thinking. It’s easy for someone to sabotage our game from outside of the KI community.

I’m a little sad that he specifically mentions the counter breaker system as something that gives him a lot of grief, and something he “doesn’t understand at all”. Not because I don’t understand his frustration in counter breakers not working, but more because that frustration was high enough to prevent him from figuring out what were the actual changes to the system and what was just placebo.

I felt strongly enough about the counter breaker issue to make that huge post (link) about all the stuff around them, because he wasn’t the only one frustrated. I wonder if he ever saw it.

6 Likes

No they wouldn’t be selling like hotcakes. You have no evidence of that.

1 Like

I don’t even think it sounds like sabotage – it’s bluntly that “I’m going to kick the ■■■■ out of you and make sure you don’t play that game when you go to pools” sounds like something someone who really doesn’t like KI would say. There are just a lot of people out there who fervently worship SF and other games and consider KI an abomination (including recent additions from the followings of some of those who waylaid Keits in the Beatdown chat the other week), who definitely cultivate toxic enough of a culture to produce death threats.

But I don’t know, I could be wrong. It might be worth asking HKsmash what “camp” the death threats came from, and even generally where most of the negativity he’s received has tended to come from. The way he raised the Twitch chat toxicity and segued into the abuse he’s taken made it seem like one and the same.

And I guess the other thing is, I might be suffering some sort of perception bias, but I don’t get the impression that the KI defense force is all that large. Like, once you filter out the people who hate all things KI, the people who worship classic KI and hate new KI, the S1 diehards who hate IG, the people who are pissed that KI doesn’t have ultimates or Eyedol or gore or isn’t on Steam or stopped doing a stage per character or doesn’t have an MK story mode, and the people who have decided that S3 is mechanically broken/imbalanced/unpalatable, I feel like you’re left with ten people on these forums, tops. Ten reasonable, patient people, who may have things they wish were better about the game, but are never really caught getting histrionic about it. LCD may’ve received some strongly-worded feedback from some less carefully-considered corners in this thread, but I don’t get the feeling that there really exist people who are fanatically positive about this game – just people who enjoy the game, and people who are fanatical about the KI brand who see this game as a tragic string of broken promises.

3 Likes

I watched his stream where he literally said no more streaming KI until they fix counter breakers. So, it was really bothering him. I wouldn’t know if he found out afterwards what was going on with counter breakers.

That is what confused me initially. But it doesn’t really matter what triggered it in the end.

I am of the opinion that telling ppl who poured their souls and money into KI to “move on and go play another game” or “you’re biased and selfish” can become equally toxic (without even using any curse words) especially if they have been positive and loyal most of the time and inviting others to KI on their streams. But that’s just me.

@Infilament I razzed him a bit in chat about counter breakers, and he told me that he read your post, but he doesn’t believe it.

I was admittedly irritated by that but I would never insult the guy or send him death threats.

5 Likes

If I were HK, I’d have screen-shot any threats I’d received and put those folks on blast. Expose them on every social media platform I participate in.

Eff that.

Honestly not sure what anyone gets out of protecting those people.

4 Likes

Sucks about HK. Its just a game though hes doing the right thing. If people are giving him ■■■■ he needs to do whats best for him.

I don’t get why all this drama has been popping up recently with players quitting and such but that’s how it is. Lots of SF4 players have dropped when sf5 came out. Same for mk9-10. There are so many good good fighting games out that if you really dislike the direction a game is moving play another one or play overwatch or something.

Lol what evidence do you have to support this?

It’s one of the single most griped about and requested things since 2013.

NotLikeThis

3 Likes

But, I hit tons of counter breakers! Like ALL the time! It’s not broken! :frowning2:

Just like Training, you need to train in counter breaking too. You can’t just “do it”.

3 Likes

Lack of retro costume repairs started this. Lol

Sad to hear about hksmash

Nothing we can do now. All we can do is keep on moving forward.

1 Like

Can you please elaborate what design choices you disagree with, even if that means putting said explanation in an Arbiter thread? I’d very much appreciate it.

1 Like

Some people just dont have the patience to solve problems and search out answers. They want to it to just work now. I understand it and I felt Keits explained it pretty well. You have to hit it on or before the break attempt.

It seems to work for me, I get hit with Counter breakers all the time lol!

What’s out of whack is that he doesn’t get a light version of his overhead linker or a medium version of his hamstring linker.