Killer Instinct Weekly Forum Battles

What about fridays? We could reschedule a couple of them so you can participate if you want.

1 Like

@RGLOfficial I appreciate it, but I work Fridays too. Lol. Donā€™t worry, donā€™t stop because of One person, Keep going! Donā€™t worry about me. Make sure the majority can play! :slight_smile:

Great vid, @RGLOfficial! :slight_smile:

ā€¦although you might want to turn off notifications before our next meet. :wink:
Still, it was nice to know that even though you only show a few of our fights, that Iā€™m still ever-present throughout the other fights via said-notifications. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Regarding future meetups, Iā€™m good for both Friday and Saturday. My brotherā€™s usually absent on Fridays and most Saturdays due to D&D roleplaying sessions, so that means he wonā€™t necessarily be using up the network at those times. Furthermore, as Iā€™ve already mentioned in the other thread, Iā€™m a teacher, so any time during the weekend is generally good for me, unless I have prior plans (which I usually donā€™t). For this reason, you should always include me unless I say otherwise - Iā€™d be disappointed if you didnā€™t. :confused:

I like the idea of splitting up the lobbies, as this would make it easier for me to participate. As we all know, the fewer people in the lobby, the more likely I wonā€™t be kicked from it. This may mean Iā€™ll always be in the smaller lobbies, but Iā€™m okay with that, as long as weā€™re all in a single party of 12 or less to keep on chattinā€™. :grin:

I have to say that itā€™s both nice and unfortunate that my Aganos is being shown in your video. Good because I love to show off and people can get an idea of just how good and/or bad I actually am skill-wise. Itā€™s bad, though, because people can then use it to see how I fight, learn from it, and then use it against me in the future (such as habits, patterns, and stuff). That being said, I do want you to keep including matches with me in it (only the good ones though, alright). :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

The 19th was a lot of fun and I absolutely canā€™t wait for the next meet-up, regardless of whether itā€™s on the 2nd or the 9th! :blush:

Many of you may not realize this, but my 2TB external HDD kicked the bucket earlier today (I posted about it in my feed), and have a brand new 4TB external HDD on its way to replace it. However, since the old one no longer works, I canā€™t even transfer my games over; I have to re-download ALL of them over again - all 300+ of themā€¦ :ā€™(

Luckily for you guys, though, I love KI so much that itā€™ll be the 1st game Iā€™m re-downloading. As a matter of fact, Iā€™m redownloading it to the internal HDD right now so I can still play it until the new external arrives, where I can then do a quick and easy transfer. This does mean that Iā€™ll be limited for a while if you want to play other games with me, though (Iā€™ll be re-downloading Halo 5, Black Ops 3, Battlefield 4, GTAV, Magic Duels, Forza Motorsport 6, Fallout 4, Gears of War, Star Wars Battlefront, Minecraft, and World of Tanks over the course of the next week or so as well). :kissing_smiling_eyes:

1 Like

This look fun :hushed::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley::smiley:

1 Like

Work, I work in the afternoon.

Hmmm. I wonder if I change it to earlier in the day how that would effect other timezones. 9:00-10:00AM EST?

Go ahead and sign me up!
For all of them!
Friday and Saturday are my ā€œfreeā€ days.
If something crazy happens and I canā€™t make it, youā€™ll know asap.

GT: Mr xFlutterShy

1 Like

I work on Fridays so anything after 7:30pm IST is good, usually free on Saturdays so no worries there.
If we can get the organisation down, ā€œFriday Forum Fightsā€ & ā€œSaturday Showdownsā€ (working titles :smiley:) with multiple lobbies of maybe 4 each? I think that may work for all.

Saturday Survival Showdown. Forum Friday Fights.

I think no matter whatā€¦ the titles mus have FORUM in the title. That way there is no confusion. if you arenā€™t a member of the forumā€¦you can not enter. They have to be private lobbies.

We had that problem in the first lobby Sightless started. A bunch f guys jumped in and 1 was really good and his goal was to purposely wreck our lobby.

Saturday Forum Smash.

1 Like

I wish I was there now. He would have met my TJ & Jago. :smiling_imp:

Sounds fun. Iā€™ve got a typical 9-5 and am usually out during the day on Saturdays though, so I usually wonā€™t be able to participate Iā€™m afraid. Iā€™m always down for an impromptu lobby during the week or later in the evenings though. :grin:

Im not gonna lieā€¦the due was freakin goodā€¦so good his combos were nothing but manuals and Hvy Ads (I think), NO LINKERSā€¦ just Opener, manual, Hvy AD,manual, Hvy AD manual, hvy AD, manual, manual ENDER. At least it looked like hvy ADā€¦but all had the feel and pace of manuals.

This is the 2nd person Ive seen do thisā€¦and I have no clue how they are doing it.

He was using JAGO and it was sickā€¦ the other guy I seen do this was using Kan-ra.

DO you know of this tech I speak of?

Heavy AD into Manual? Is that possible? Wow. I might have to check that out.

I probably could have beat himā€¦ :smirk:

Do you know whom I am talking about? The dude was winning the lobby when i first joined then we all left and created the private lobby. He had an English accent.

Ill see if i can find the replay where he kicked my asss and study what he was doing.

It may not have been HVY Adsā€¦it just have a manual flow with a 1ā€¦1-2ā€¦1ā€¦1-2 hit flow

Depends on the character the extent to which itā€™s possible, but most of the cast can do at least a light manual after a heavy AD. It isnā€™t possible to my knowledge though to keep the combo going after that without using a linker of some sort, so I tend to think you might have just been missing a step somewhere @FallofSeraphs76 (no offense intended), or that what was actually happening was that you were simply being reset with delayed or mistimed manuals repeatedly. Manual enders are possible but pretty much never desired, which inclines me to the think the guy probably just had delayed timing in general with his inputs.

But yeah, itā€™s definitely possible to sneak in a manual after most heavy ADā€™s. Some characters can sneak in medium manuals as well after them, but I think that tends to be a more specialized capability.

no ā€¦Manual into a 2 hit Hvy ADā€¦ thats how it flowed anyway. Ive seen it twice and its pretty amazing

then thats what it wasā€¦super delayed manualsā€¦ the reason why i say hvy AD is because the 1st hit was obviously a manualā€¦but the 2nd part had a 1,2 hitā€¦all were very delayed yet i could not escape it once it started